Ex Wives

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You are paying the equivalent of child support and alimony when you are married. Especially when you are the only one earning a paycheck.
I guess, but I'm not. She makes waaaay more than me...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've never been married. Never actually wanted to be either.
My parents fought a lot as a kid and I remember telling my mom when I was five years old that I was never getting married. She still teases me about that all the time. And yes, my parents are still together.
I was engaged twice. Once to my college girlfriend and later to a lady when I first moved to Las Vegas.

I guess my point is that I don't understand why to this day marriage and divorce laws completely favor the woman.

All you hear from women these days is how they want equity and equal pay and equal rights and I get that.

But when it comes to marriage and divorce laws that favor the woman they don't want those laws changed at all.

How is that equitable?

I mean I get the child support payments that Kirksfiveoh posted and I agree with him.

But I guess my question is this: Why are not more men grouping up and fighting these unequitable marriage and divorce laws?

If women want equity they should have to sign up for selective service and agree to change these marriage/divorce laws.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I used to work with a guy,,,, he suspected his wife was having an affair. Hired a PI and got photos to prove his claim. He never said a word to her for six months as he built an air tight case. Slept in the same bed as always. He filed for divorce and won alimony from her. She made more than he did.

He must have been a stone cold killer to not say a thing For six months and then drop the bomb. I would have never had that kind of restraint.

MG0h3

Established Member
My parents fought a lot as a kid and I remember telling my mom when I was five years old that I was never getting married. She still teases me about that all the time. And yes, my parents are still together.
I was engaged twice. Once to my college girlfriend and later to a lady when I first moved to Las Vegas.

I guess my point is that I don't understand why to this day marriage and divorce laws completely favor the woman.

All you hear from women these days is how they want equity and equal pay and equal rights and I get that.

But when it comes to marriage and divorce laws that favor the woman they don't want those laws changed at all.

How is that equitable?

I mean I get the child support payments that Kirksfiveoh posted and I agree with him.

But I guess my question is this: Why are not more men grouping up and fighting these unequitable marriage and divorce laws?

If women want equity they should have to sign up for selective service and agree to change these marriage/divorce laws.

Some states are fair. Or at least more fair.

They take the woman’s income into account because yes, they should have to contribute as well.

As far as trying to fight it, not a chance. You’d need a billion ****ing dollars to throw at politicians. There is absolutely zero political appetite for it. They won’t even charge women in TX for interference with child visitation, a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

How is that equitable?

Have you even been in a relationship in the last decade?

Not even trying to be mean

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I agree with that.
It still sucks when the ex makes $35k per year but is driving an Escalade. But once the kids are teens and have friends, etc.—if there’s a huge discrepancy between how the kids live at each household it becomes embarrassing for the kids. Last thing I want to do is **** my kids up over money that doesn’t change how I live.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Yes and no.

Her kids have a cash app card. Money can be direct deposited to it.

Now.. the ex could easily take that card.. but .. it can be given straight to the kid these days
There’s a big difference between what i put on the kids’ Greenlight card, compared to what it takes for them to feel comfortable with living at one household compared to another. Every situation is different.

C2tuck

Established Member
Some states are fair. Or at least more fair.

They take the woman’s income into account because yes, they should have to contribute as well.

As far as trying to fight it, not a chance. You’d need a billion ****ing dollars to throw at politicians. There is absolutely zero political appetite for it. They won’t even charge women in TX for interference with child visitation, a felony.

Yep, my ex wife (the one I really married) did that shit several years ago. Kept my daughter from me for over a year against court orders. I had to pay tens of thousands of dollars to go to court.

I literally told the judge while on the stand, that this was bullshit. She looked at me sideways and asked me to elaborate and I let loose. Told her if I had kept my daughter like that I’d have been thrown in jail after a couple of weeks, yet her mother could do that and not a damn thing happen.

The system is complete bullshit.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep, my ex wife (the one I really married) did that shit several years ago. Kept my daughter from me for over a year against court orders. I had to pay tens of thousands of dollars to go to court.

I literally told the judge while on the stand, that this was bullshit. She looked at me sideways and asked me to elaborate and I let loose. Told her if I had kept my daughter like that I’d have been thrown in jail after a couple of weeks, yet her mother could do that and not a damn thing happen.

Judge sounds like the CEE UNT I had.. I got threatened by her several times for contempt. The divorce crap is ugly f’ng business.

MG0h3

Established Member

Yep. ****ing hamster wheel with the lawyer’s too and they know it.

Not playing their game.

C2tuck

Established Member
Man, going through and getting all this discovery shit they want together has been a true WTF moment for me..

Going through bank statements, and credit card statements, and seeing how much money she spent over the years is ****ing ridiculous!

I would have already been a legit millionaire a couple times over by now if it wasn’t for that ****…

Guess I’m the dumb one that put up with it for so long.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, going through and getting all this discovery shit they want together has been a true WTF moment for me..

Going through bank statements, and credit card statements, and seeing how much money she spend over the years is ****ing ridiculous!

I would have already been a legit millionaire a couple times over by now if it wasn’t for that ****…

It's definitely a learning experience.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Going through bank statements, and credit card statements, and seeing how much money she spend over the years is ****ing ridiculous!

with my ex my savings and shit started treading water instead of growing and that was with saying no to quite a bit. If I went with all of her whims we both would have been broke in no time.

Hell, a while after the divorce I got a credit alert where my score dived like 75 points. Turned out she never took me off of a card where I was an authorized user and she had maxed out that card. Luckily I remembered enough info to pass the screener questions with the rep and he took me off the account.

MG0h3

Established Member

Haha as frustrating as it was, it bailed me out of a hole.

Lawyers had me paying my ex wife $2000 during the divorce proceedings. This was child support plus I don’t know what. Spousal support?

Plus I was paying her attorneys fees. Guess I was the bad white male for initiating the divorce.

So the beeyatch asks for alimony. Luckily, alimony is fairly hard to get in TX. Usually only after 10yrs of marriage and for a short period.

Anyways, she turns in account statements from 3 different banks. News to me!

After 6 months of 2k a month, she’s overdrawn the account. Starbucks 2-3 times a day. $126 at cinemark theaters (she would do this while we were married. Took her cousin and kids to the movies). Eating out 3 times a day.

I totaled it up and in 6 months, found maybe $500 that could be directly attributed to my daughter.

Both lawyers said ya, alimony isn’t happening.

_Snake_

Established Member
I used to work with a guy,,,, he suspected his wife was having an affair. Hired a PI and got photos to prove his claim. He never said a word to her for six months as he built an air tight case. Slept in the same bed as always. He filed for divorce and won alimony from her. She made more than he did.

He must have been a stone cold killer to not say a thing For six months and then drop the bomb. I would have never had that kind of restraint.
Dude had a hell of a pokeher face, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread