Evolution Performance, Inc. 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic Runs 11's On Street Tires!

Driver72

Established Member
Well think what you want then. But the fact is, the 6R80 is the ZF 6HP28. Same trans as used in your mighty BMWs. But you don't think that is the case, so whatever.

You're missing the point man.
It's not the transmission that I have a problem with, it's a very good transmission, it's the lack of the EXTRAS that most cars (especially performance cars) come with, with an automatic transmission.
By "extras" I mean the list in my post above (ie: paddle shifters, sport mode, etc.)

midlife

Established Member
You're missing the point man.
It's not the transmission that I have a problem with, it's a very good transmission, it's the lack of the EXTRAS that most cars (especially performance cars) come with, with an automatic transmission.
By "extras" I mean the list in my post above (ie: paddle shifters, sport mode, etc.)

OT:
not to take sides but driver72 has a point.
I have a BMW 335 with the zf auto 6 speed - it is an awesome tranny which matches revs when downshifting.
Although I have the paddle shifters - you can slap the auto shifter on the floor console up or down for fast shifts.

Tranny really is a dream. I have not driven the new mustang auto yet so cannot comment - but if you cannot "slap" shift the mustang auto that would be too bad.

I understand the price difference between the 2 cars but that does not make me feel any better if I get a new mustang auto.

Back OT: great ET for basically a stock car !
Want to see what you guys can do with full bolt ons.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
times are great, i also have 4.10's in my auto!! Loving it.

As far as column, i have never once heard the conter "console" referred to a column. As matter of fact, i've worked at a dealership for 6 1/2 years and have never had one salesman or tech refer to it as a column

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Actually 4.10 with the tranny gearing in these cars is not aggressive all it really needs 4.30's or more. This car is basic bolt ons and fred drives it every day.

I agree, 4.10 or 4.30 minimum, and i bet fred loves the auto.

Users who are viewing this thread