Evolution Performance car goes 8.49 at 163!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Waiting on the turbo coyotes to join this level of racing...

No Need to wait, the MMR Turbo Coyote's are the 2 fastest Coyote powered Mustangs in the world and have shown what a Turbocharged 5.0 are capable of with the right parts!

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

twistedneck

Established Member
I think Beef has taken his car to a different level. The pics on the NMRA site shows Beefs car with the grille vents and bottom air dam area filled in with plastic...now certainly a street car would overheat with no airflow accross the raidiator. Beef doesn't even run an air filter...now all street cars should run an air filter. Air bags, radio, and a/c don't make a car a street car...I saw the pics of the green EVO car on that site and also on facebook and it don't look gutted. Beefs car is a base model also by the way...why is the green car not legal to drive on the highway? If it has insurance and is registered and the street mannors allow it then driving on the street should be fine. IMO its a level playing field and all cars are pretty equal at this level. Also Beef is running a 5.2 sleeved block...under the hood the green car certainly looks more like a street car...have you seen pics of Beefs engine lately? Look at the NMRA site under Sat updates.

Saturday Norwalk Coverage | NMRA

good pics I like the all blue valve covers.

poof100

Established Member
Congrats to all involved, sounds like a great weekend of racing! A big congrats to Terry for working the late nights and getting to the track. It's nice to see the MMR Pro Mod blocks out there being pushed!

A big congrats also to Dan Hale on the west coast who turned a 5.26@143 (1/8 mile) this weekend making his Fox Bodied Coyote powered beast the 2nd Fastest Coyote ever - also on the new MMR Pro-Mod block!!

Definitely props to Beef and the Evo guys for running full bore.

MMR- how streetable are the the Pro Mod blocks? Can they be driven on 500 mile trips, or will they have cooling issues etc?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Definitely props to Beef and the Evo guys for running full bore.

MMR- how streetable are the the Pro Mod blocks? Can they be driven on 500 mile trips, or will they have cooling issues etc?

depends on the block i'd imagine, the basic blocks aren't filled, and I believe mark rates to 1500 hp, so shouldn't be a problem driving it.

I opted for the filled block simply because I didn't want to build another block for the blue car for a while.

I have the red car that will be the normal around town vortech car,

D.T.R

Established Member
No Need to wait, the MMR Turbo Coyote's are the 2 fastest Coyote powered Mustangs in the world and have shown what a Turbocharged 5.0 are capable of with the right parts!

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

bwahaha that's awesome. I totally forgot the world's fastest coyote in the world...
i doubt that record will ever NOT be a turbo'd car :lol:

poof100

Established Member
depends on the block i'd imagine, the basic blocks aren't filled, and I believe mark rates to 1500 hp, so shouldn't be a problem driving it.

I opted for the filled block simply because I didn't want to build another block for the blue car for a while.

I have the red car that will be the normal around town vortech car,

Thanks Terry, makes sense. Just trying to plan ahead for the Winter to get a Shortblock ready and want to see my options, unless Ford puts out a revised Sportsman block, ever. Hoping to see how much my stock Boss shortblock will take with this JPC turbo kit i'm putting on :pepper:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

The non filled MMR version which is tested and proven beyond 1500+RWHP is no different than the factory block as far as cooling/reliability and can be driven daily just like normal as Beefcake stated. :beer:

Let us know if we can help!

MMR

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Terry, makes sense. Just trying to plan ahead for the Winter to get a Shortblock ready and want to see my options, unless Ford puts out a revised Sportsman block, ever. Hoping to see how much my stock Boss shortblock will take with this JPC turbo kit i'm putting on :pepper:

Let us know how we can help, the MMR Pro Mod block is perfect for what you are looking to do! We expect the sportsman block to be a copy of the MMR block.

Tucker

Congrats to all the 5.0s this past weekend, you guys are running CRAZY times for sure.

We are proud to be a part of the Evo build with the 1st and 2nd place cars both running the JLT Super Big Air Intake.
Thanks guys!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread