Everyone Please read regarding DCControllers... Long, but please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Defend your product all you want...
Why in the world would I lie about a SPAL controller burning up?:shrug:Really,why?I have nothing to gain or lose by telling my story awhile back..I wish I kept it so I could show you.All the resin melted out of the seams..Here is the link when it happened...
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/floc/161553-poof-up-smoke.html

And by the way if you read the post I was just stating what happened to my SPAL controller and not bashing anyone.The funny thing was Matt was telling me at the time to buy a DC controller... WOW,I am glad I did not..I bought one from Ed and it works great!!!

denali_on_26's

I have a traction problem
Established Member
You think the battery might have been disconnected if the motor was on a stand? What do you expect, birds of a feather, right?

now that this was mentioned about these controllers burning up and some of the shock has died down.... we got to talking and

ACTUALLY the battery was connected back AFTER the motor was pulled for the simple reason of getting my CD's out of the CD changer:dw:

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Given your attitude in your posts (SVTP & NLOC) and how it appears that you treat your customers, I personally wouldn't want you to be a Supporting Vendor here.

Or anywhere else for that matter!

I can't believe that he has the nerve to try to step into Lightning community to try and reclaim his tarnished and BS work ethics.

Only now that his name and business practices are in question does he want to do something about in which he is going about the wrong way to do things. Lets create more conflict instead of providing a resolution... (insert sarcastic voice). We are seeing Brians true colors shine here. OH and lets try to accuse and humiliate a customer publically so we can smooth over the audience because that helps business. (insert sarcastic voice, AGAIN).

Brian should have thought about his actions long ago when he mistreated and mishandled several customers claims. Regardless of what happened, the claim should have been handled in a professional nature and investigated appropriately. If at all costs, do the right thing and replace the unit. Many (MANY) company owners/business managers do this everyday and eat the costs. All it take is one customer with a negative experience to ruin the company's reputation regardless of who is at fault. Word travels fast given this day and age. I am sure replacing one or two units here and there isn't gonna break the companies bank. Maybe Brian needs to step out for a breath of fresh air and hire somebody who has some damn common sense and customer service.

I will be damned if I ever recommend DC to any friend again and I surely won't be buying any product from DC EVER.

A MOD needs to step in and bitch slap this asshole.

Last edited:

s|ck

Established Member
now that this was mentioned about these controllers burning up and some of the shock has died down.... we got to talking and

ACTUALLY the battery was connected back AFTER the motor was pulled for the simple reason of getting my CD's out of the CD changer:dw:

Damn, that really sucks if the fire was caused by the sh*tty controller :(

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
mr hermes, you've been on and off line for the past 40 minutes, I would appreciate your answering the question.

Why dont you answer my question?Why would I buy a SPAL controller and then lie stating it melted and burned up?Why?I pissed away money for no reason?At the time I posted that over on nloc Matt was the one telling me that I should buy a DC controller.The reason why I did not is I needed one right away.That is why I put another flex controller in my truck thanks to Matt.He gave me his old one..That one also broke a few months later and Ed made me one.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
And BTW I did not even call SPAL for a refund..I justed sucked it up and moved on..I was not going to chance another one after what I seen it do in my truck.

baskin

Established Member
Defend your product all you want...
Why in the world would I lie about a SPAL controller burning up?:shrug:Really,why?I have nothing to gain or lose by telling my story awhile back..I wish I kept it so I could show you.All the resin melted out of the seams..Here is the link when it happened...
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/floc/161553-poof-up-smoke.html

Yes that's a shame that neither of you kept your controllers.

So you agree with matt; you wired up the spal controller, sparks came out and it caught fire. You then called him. When he arrived, he then tested the controller by connecting it to first one, and then both fans, is that correct?

baskin

Established Member

Now, that makes sense, all of your wiring, including both battery cables were hanging disconnected from your engine, along with your disconnected fuel lines, so you decided to reconnect the battery and leave it that way overnight. Did you happen to mention that to your friend who's garage burned down?

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Yes that's a shame that neither of you kept your controllers.

So you agree with matt; you wired up the spal controller, sparks came out and it caught fire. You then called him. When he arrived, he then tested the controller by connecting it to first one, and then both fans, is that correct?

Ok,this is the last time so please read slowly..I bought a SPAL controller because I needed a controller right away.Matt and a few other members told me you have to wait a long time for a DC controller.So I get this SPAL controller and install it into my truck.I called a few members and also SPAL for installation advice.I am not an electrician.
After the install I ran the fan on low and it was fine.Then when it went on high speed the controller box sparked and smoked really bad.I thought my truck was on fire.Resin melted through the seems.I called Matt and he came over.He looked at the directions and wiring and everything was perfect.He tried it again and nothing happened.We opened the box and it was a block of melted black resin.

Are you with me so far?

At that time he gave me his old flex controller and installed it for me..Worked great for about 6 months and that too died.Ed(struckby) made me one of his controllers and so far so good..

When I posted that over on nloc I was just posting that my controller burnt up and was not bashing SPAL..Read the post again..Now stop calling me a liar and run your business as a professional because you are starting to look like a big @ss on here.

baskin

Established Member
Scuba matt said:

“We hooked it up with the relay for the second fan and it still
over heated the controller.”

“We installed a relay and it didn't matter. The controller couldn't
handle one fan running at full voltage without the controller
getting really hot.
When I talked to the Spal rep he said the control was rated at
20 amps. Now they tell another customer there rated higher. I
hate to see him waste money on a controller that won't work
with the big Flex-lite fans. But it his money and I'm done
explaining my experience with the Spal unit.”

So, then, you disagree with him.

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
As stated before their is a flaw in your design that needs to be corrected.I think you need to spend less time defending your controller and figure out why these things are catching on fire.Your reputation is at stake here does that mean anything to you?
(apparently not)

Last edited:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Scuba matt said:

getting really hot.

He looked at everything and it looked good.Tried it again and did not work.I think he then added a relay and did something to it, still did not work.The box was already burnt up.The fuse never blew.It melted but never blew..
Not sure why you keep stating that I am a liar?Awhile back you told me it was impossible for the box to spark and burn up.Back then you called me a liar.Not sure why you cant believe that a contoller box cant go up in smoke.Mine did..

As for Matt his DC controller worked great for 1 1/2 years so I am sure it was wired correctly.Why did his go up in smoke too?

baskin

Established Member
That's clearly not what he stated in your own quote. You're saying two different things, it's one or the other, you can't both be right.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Scuba matt said:

getting really hot.

That's clearly not what he stated in your own quote. You're saying two different things, it's one or the other, you can't both be right.

Baskin,this happened a year ago.I cant remember the EXACT minute by minute procedure that inspired.He did call SPAL regarding the fuse issue.Not sure what happened with that because I was not on the other line.
Ask Matt if my recollection is close and I am sure he would agree..
BTW what is it with you and SPAL?Are you one company?Dont know why you brought me into this.Even back then you called me a liar stating it was impossible for a SPAL controller to burn up..I dont get it?Mine did..

baskin

Established Member
No reason to try and remember, you can just look at your own post

Scuba matt said:

getting really hot.

"Moderator
Paid Member
Just wanted to thank Scuba Matt again for spending all day at
my house and getting my electric fans to run again.He brought
his old flexalite controller and we used that..We tried to hook it
up first with the SPAL controller but it was shot....Thanks
again Matt..."

So if it was shot, how did the two of you test it with one, then two fans in order to determine that it wouldn't supply the current? This would be after the sparks came out of it and it caught on fire, correct?

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
No reason to try and remember, you can just look at your own post

Scuba matt said:

getting really hot.

"Moderator
Paid Member
Just wanted to thank Scuba Matt again for spending all day at
my house and getting my electric fans to run again.He brought
his old flexalite controller and we used that..We tried to hook it
up first with the SPAL controller but it was shot....Thanks
again Matt..."

So if it was shot, how did the two of you test it with one, then two fans in order to determine that it wouldn't supply the current? This would be after the sparks came out of it and it caught on fire, correct?

Again,moderator would be me right?That was my qoute right.Nothing more to say.Stop calling me a liar and move on...You have a problem with your controllers stop dragging me into it calling me a liar.Instead,spend this time trying to fix the problem.All I know is Matts controller worked great for a year and a half and his went on fire.Why?

baskin

Established Member
I simply pointed you to your own quotes. If you believe that those indicate that you are dishonest, there isn't much I can do about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread