Everyone Please read regarding DCControllers... Long, but please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Pig

Banned
First let me get some key words at the top to make sure every search that ever happens finds this thread.

Fan Controller DC DCControl DCcontrollers Brian Baskins burned up

I ordered a DCController about 14 months ago and it has been installed for about about 10 months. I recently had a problem and my box burned up. I had a couple problems that went along with it, but it appears all the problems started with a post that was loose on the box and it caused it to overheat and burned up the output transistor. Now I have had this controller for a while and didn't expect it to be covered even though it appears to be a faulty construction on the owner, Brian Baskins, fault. Mind you, I ordered this and was told 2-3 weeks for my orginal order to arrive and it was 7 weeks instead, just an added fyi

Now I posted on here to see if someone had their e-mail address... I then e-mailed him a few times to try and diagnose it... My Baskins then found my post on here, in which there was no bashing at all of his product... The only thing I mentioned was I was debating paying to fix the box or going to the old school relay system... Well he reads the post and then sends me this email...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian Baskin <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 7:20 am
> Subject: Re: burned up fan control box
>
> As I said, if you're on that forum, you're supporting what they do and > that's not acceptable. > >

So, he is telling me because I'm not on NLOC, he won't fix it, even if I pay for it, which I did in every single e-mail... I am thinking this can't possible be true, so I sent him another e-mail...

[email protected] wrote:
> Go there, click on my name, click on view all posts, and see how much > I have posted there in the last six month... Almost none... >
> Are you willing to fix my control box? I sure hope so, I convinced > people to buy your box when I got mine because its the best concept of > all the controllers... I am just trying to get my truck back up and > running...

I then get the following response...

> Sent: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:10 am
>
> The first thing is that I can't. After the little ****** canceled my > posts, he locked my account. Second, I don't need business, unlike > your's, I have controllers out there that are five years old that are > still working. In fact there are almost none that aren't, that's why I > have more customers than I can service. The chinese company who paid > the two morons to burn both spal and my controller, they need > customers. I'm only interested in customers who have character, and if > you haven't got the balls to say anything about that, then you clearly > don't have any. > >

Now I am in complete shock that a business man would conduct business with someone who just wants one his products fixed, even though it was his crappy workman ship that caused the problem... So, I am still nice and professional and send this...

[email protected] wrote:
> Um, I haven't listened to either one of them? What are you talking > about... I bought a product from you and I like it and I just want to > fix it... How did this turn into you bashing me... I just want my > product fixed... I have NEVER bashed you, how in the world can you > even think I did... I have never talked to either person you > mentioned on the board...

Here was his response...

> Sent: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:25 pm
>
> For about the thousandth time, I never said you were bashing me, and > for about the thousandth time, that's clearly not the point I've made, > so let's end this absurd conversation > >

I still maintained my cool and sent one more e-mail asking him to fix it and I'll pay and that its not my problem that he has a problem with NLOC

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:31 am
Subject: Re: burned up fan control box

It's already been explained multiple times at a level that the average five year old would understand. I have no interest in explaining it again, have a nice day

I can not post my response to this one, the filter would get overworked..

Please, everyone on here, never buy from this guy again... He runs a business with tons of customer service problems and hit or miss results on his product... He has nearly burned a few trucks to the ground...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS JERK

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Yeah Brian is a ass hat. My controller burned up too. I posted that it had burned up and Brian started bashing me. I never bashed his controller I only stated it burned up. I emailed him at least 10 times before the controller burned up to see if he still made them. I had a lot of guys that wanted to buy them. I emailed him and told him that my controller burned up. I never got a response. In a post I said I thought he might be out of business, and he posted on Nloc that I was bashing him.
Brian must be the worse business man I have ever dealt with.
His reply to all the people with controllers that have problems is that its the installers fault. In no way could his product have a problem. What a jerk.

This is my original post.
I was sitting on the patio and I hear the fans start to run on the Lightning. Went to see what was up, a cloud of smoke was coming from under the hood. I ran to get a 8mm wrench to pull the battery cable and save the L from fire. I pulled the DC controller, it looks like it must of shorted out form the inside, all the plastic and what ever else melted out through the metal exterior box. The DC controller was installed for a year and a half. It was wired according to the directions and it never gave me a bit of trouble until now. I have emailed Brian and he won't reply.

I added this on 8/23/08

Don't buy from this Jerk, he doesn't care about his customers

Last edited:

denali_on_26's

I have a traction problem
Established Member
hmmmm..... i've never heard of these controllers burning up... i had one and never had a problem with it... but then again look at my truck now.. i wounder if this controller was the cause of my truck burning??? i am not saying THIS IS THE REASON...only saying it could be... thefire department said the cause of the fire was undetermined....

burn009.jpg

burn008.jpg

burn006.jpg

burn002.jpg

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
The controller in my white truck burned up while I was driving. Thank god I was in it, or else the truck would have burnt to the ground.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
hmmmm..... i've never heard of these controllers burning up... i had one and never had a problem with it... but then again look at my truck now.. i wounder if this controller was the cause of my truck burning??? i am not saying THIS IS THE REASON...only saying it could be... thefire department said the cause of the fire was undetermined....

burn009.jpg

burn008.jpg

burn006.jpg

burn002.jpg

Did you have the battery connected?

baskin

Established Member
Now, here’s the real story

www.dccontrol.com/page1.pdf
http://www.dccontrol.com/pg2c.pdf

and the related links

www.dccontrol.com/SPAL controller guys please check in.pdf
http://www.dccontrol.com/SPAL controller guys please check in - Page 2.pdf

http://www.dccontrol.com/I have a question about -SPAL- and -DC Control- Please read (1).pdf
http://www.dccontrol.com/I have a question about -SPAL- and -DC Control- Please read (2).pdf
http://www.dccontrol.com/I have a question about -SPAL- and -DC Control- Please read (3).pdf

http://www.dccontrol.com/lcrim.pdf

It’s a fairly simple task to determine that matthew hermes (AKA scuba-matt) is dishonest, you either believe that his friend bruce caught his spal controller on fire and mr hermes subsequently tested the spal controller in a number of configurations or you don’t. It certainly follows that he would also lie about his own controller, given that it’s the same subject matter. They both claim that they’re the best of friends, so you know the two failures are related.

What’s important though, is to figure out why they’re being dishonest, lying about one company might just be due to a personal dislike, but why lie about two different companies? It’s also pretty easy to tell from mr hermes reaction to anyone recommending a controller other than the particular one that he recommends what his motivation is. I mean, why go to the effort of spreading rumors about one company being closed and lying about calling another company to get specifications that don’t even match their own data sheet? Why is he so hell bent on eliminating the competition?

It may be that the two of them are simply a couple of derelicts looking to cause trouble, it wouldn’t be the first time a someone set out to tear something down just for the sake of doing it. But it certainly would be an easy way to get rid of your competition, hire a couple of dishonest people, have them do what ever it takes to give your competitors a black eye, and then recommend your product as the better choice. Again, we know they lied, it’s just a matter of determining their motive.

What about the third person, Brian Pinel (AKA 35th pony), what happened to his controller? Well, it depends on where you read his response, his email to me said that it quit working, but even bypassing the controller wouldn’t run the fan. He doesn’t dispute that on the forum, but still posts that the controller “burned up” Does a controller that quit working due to a bad connection that he made at the fan equate to a controller that burned up? If not, then you can see that he’s as dishonest and deceptive as the other two.

What about the third guy who’s truck burned to the ground

“thanks mike but the motor was out on a stand off the ground... it bent the motor stand though”

You think the battery might have been disconnected if the motor was on a stand? What do you expect, birds of a feather, right?

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-l...-just-turbo-piping-worth-my-truck-gone-4.html see post 50

As far as the last guy, you can look into that one yourselves if you want, every one of his friends so far has been caught in a lie, he’s probably got 10 more friends he can bring in, I doubt that he has a single one that’s honest, after all, out of five people, the first four have been caught in lies.

So why their hatred towards me? Well. I essentially just pointed to the threads that proved that they were being dishonest, that’s what got my account cancelled on their forum, that’s what’s gotten them to further their endeavor. It’s sort of ironic isn’t it, they lie about my company in order to ruin a business that I’ve built up from nothing, cancel all of my posts when I try to defend myself from those lies, and then at the end of the day, they attack my character. But that’s how criminals think, if you don’t put up with their crimes, then they’ll just make it worse for you. After all, it isn’t the crime that’s the problem, it’s the person who squealed, right?

Will they win at this? Probably, criminals are real bad at producing anything, but they’re real good at tearing things down. Jesse Jackson has taken out major corporations single handedly, I’m sure a handful of criminals can destroy my company just as easily. If you’ve wondered why just about everything is now made in china, this thread should give you some level of insight as to why.

s|ck

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I certainly don't want my truck burning to the ground :eek:

baskin

Established Member
Then you probably shouldn't take it to his friends shop, controllers burn up even with the battery disconnected there

“thanks mike but the motor was out on a stand off the ground... it bent the motor stand though”

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-li...ck-gone-4.html see post 50

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Mine was a DC controller and it burned up. The fact that Brian is a ass hat for treating his customer like crap. Just read the posts. I do believe in Karma.
Brian isn't a supporting vendor here or at NLOC. His interests are on making money and not giving customer service.
So if you want a product thats going to take 2 to 3 months to get after you pay for it and then burn up a year later. Then by all means buy from this punk.

baskin

Established Member
mr hermes, there are only five possibilities

a) You subsequently tested the spal controller after your friend bruce caught it on fire
b) Your friend bruce is lying about the controller catching on fire before you arrived
c) You are both lying, the controller never caught on fire and you never tested it.
d) You lied about the spal controller but then decided to be honest with regard to the dcc controller.
e)You lied about both controllers

pick one or provide an alternate explanation

Mr pinel, you claim both that the controller failed but that the fan didn’t work even without the controller, due to a bad connection at the fan. This leaves one of three possibilities

a) The connection failed, and then while disconnected from the fan, the controller stopped working
b) The controller stopped working, which caused the connection at your fan to fail
c) They both failed at the same time

Which ever one you chose, equate that with your statement that the controller burned up

mr danali. There are two possible explanations for believing that the controller may have caused your fire.

a) You believe that mechanic removed your engine without disconnecting the battery
b) You believe that the controller caught on fire while it was disconnected from the battery

I don’t see why I would need to be a supporting vendor in order to defend myself here and I think it’s fair for me to ask these questions, given all of the effort that the three of you have put in to pointing your fingers towards me.

baskin

Established Member
mr hermes, you've been on and off line for the past 40 minutes, I would appreciate your answering the question.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Given your attitude in your posts (SVTP & NLOC) and how it appears that you treat your customers, I personally wouldn't want you to be a Supporting Vendor here.

Have you looked at or even attempted to actually inspect the alleged burnt up controllers in question to see if there was a component failure or an installation error?

Denali said that he had your component installed and that it might possibly have been the reason why it burned. He also said that he is not saying that it was the cause of the fire, only a possibility.

.. i wounder if this controller was the cause of my truck burning??? i am not saying THIS IS THE REASON...only saying it could be...

I'm sure once the battery being unhooked was brought up, the idea that the cause of the fire started from your controller was kind of shot down. No power means no electrical fire. Correct?

Have you ever had a vehicle burn to the ground that you cared about? I'd be looking for answers myself and also looking into any possible cause's.

I'm not taking a side on this issue so don't assume that I am part of any group thats out to get you............ I understand that you are simply defending yourself, but your coming off like an arrogant asshole. That alone is why I will not buy your product no matter how well it works.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member

a) You subsequently tested the spal controller after your friend bruce caught it on fire
b) Your friend bruce is lying about the controller catching on fire before you arrived
c) You are both lying, the controller never caught on fire and you never tested it.
d) You lied about the spal controller but then decided to be honest with regard to the dcc controller.

Mr pinel, you claim both that the controller failed but that the fan didn’t work even without the controller, due to a bad connection at the fan. This leaves one of three possibilities

a) The connection failed, and then while disconnected from the fan, the controller stopped working
b) The controller stopped working, which caused the connection at your fan to fail

Which ever one you chose, equate that with your statement that the controller burned up

mr danali. There are two possible explanations for believing that the controller may have caused your fire.

a) You believe that mechanic removed your engine without disconnecting the battery
b) You believe that the controller caught on fire while it was disconnected from the battery

I don’t see why I would need to be a supporting vendor in order to defend myself here and I think it’s fair for me to ask these questions, given all of the effort that the three of you have put in to pointing your fingers towards me.

Baskins what does Bruce's spal controller have to do with your bad customer service and my burned up DC controller? Where were you ever brought up in those threads? I never bashed you.
No one is lying here except you.
You never returned my emails. How was I to think you were in business anymore?
Your site was and still is down. That would give anyone the impression you were out of Business.
I never bashed you until you start a war with me over at NLOC.
Face it you were called out by Ed and you can't be honest.
Be honest with everyone you just don't care about them after the sale.
The proof is in your replies to ED. See I'm not alone.
I've been in business for 34 years. Believe me I wouldn't have survived that long without being honest and having great customer service.
I'm done with this DC crap and replying to some idiot that doesn't care about his customers.

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
Baskin,you have to be an idiot to come on here and call Matt and Bruce liers.I am sure you will call me a lier aswell because i now them.The problem is you sell a product thats hit or miss and are known for having issues and you refuse to help them resolve it because you claim your product is fail safe and it has to be the customers fault.That is your down fall and you wonder why you get these responses.I am pretty sure that the members on either board will back Matt and Bruce on this seeing how their reputation is fawless and you have yet to speak the truth.

Last edited:

baskin

Established Member
Baskins what does Bruce's spal controller have to do with your bad customer service and my burned up DC controller? Where were you ever brought up in those threads? I never bashed you.
No one is lying here except you.
You never returned my emails. How was I to think you were in business anymore?
Your site was and still is down. That would give anyone the impression you were out of Business.
I never bashed you until you start a war with me over at NLOC.
Face it you were called out by Ed and you can't be honest.
Be honest with everyone you just don't care about them after the sale.
The proof is in your replies to ED. See I'm not alone.
I've been in business for 34 years. Believe me I wouldn't have survived that long without being honest and having great customer service.
I'm done with this DC crap and replying to some idiot that doesn't care about his customers.

So, then you can't answer the question, good enough

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
baskin, dude just STFU all ready I personally know Matt and Bruce and what happened with the controllers in there trucks. They are both great assets to this community and your acting VERY immature about this situation.

Moderators can we make this thread a sticky.

baskin

Established Member
So now we're down to two:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member

Defend your product all you want...
Why in the world would I lie about a SPAL controller burning up?:shrug:Really,why?I have nothing to gain or lose by telling my story awhile back..I wish I kept it so I could show you.All the resin melted out of the seams..Here is the link when it happened...
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/floc/161553-poof-up-smoke.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread