Ever seen the Mustang and Camaro cop cars?

Jens03GT

Established Member
I haven't seen them in a while. The last I had seen of them was out on Military Hwy back in SA. Those were some beasts. I think the constables had them. One I know of was a 01 Camaro Z28 with a 383 stroker under the hood. That car had some balls.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
There are some Camaro Z28's that the state trooper's have on the tollway here in D.

Jens03GT

Established Member
All I know is that those are pretty bad a**. I remember I was out one night with some friends when I first got my TA and I saw this cop out run a vette on this road. I was like, what the hell does this guy have under hood? My friends and I went up to talk him later. He told us that they were all equiped with 383 strokers. Would n't mind to be the cop that got to drive that.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Too bad they are cops. I would love to get in a race with one of them. There was one cop that I know of that actually pulled one of my friends over and told him that if he could out run him he could get out of the ticket. Of course the guy said sure. Keep in mind this was before we knew what was under the hood.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
CA Highway Patrol used to use the old fox bodied LX notchbacks in the late 1980's/early 1990's. Nowadays I see a few Z28 Camaro's, but not many. The county sherriffs in my are also have a few Z28 Camaro's. A few months ago I saw a couple 4.6L Mustang GT police cars in Hawaii.

-norcal_cobra

Jens03GT

Established Member
...... A few months ago I saw a couple 4.6L Mustang GT police cars in Hawaii.

-norcal_cobra [/B]

I would love to see that. I wonder if I could find any pictures. There is this car dealership Gunn Chevrolet that used to have camaro catalogs and on some of the pages they had pics of the Z28 cop cars. That was awesome.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you mean like this

must105.jpg

missouri highway patrol

i know it's not mod mustang, but you get the idea...

03CobraBro

Established Member
I remember the Foxbody highway patrol cars from way back when...

Now days the Camaros are the crime fighters (all of those felons exceeding the speed limit by 5 to 10mph :rolleyes: )

Anyway around here they're pretty sneaky... I was on my way back from vincennes going up highway 41 (If you've ever driven that stretch from evansville to terrahaute then you know its almost as greuling as driving through kansas) and I saw this bright red camaro with chrome rims and I was like, man thats a pretty sharp car, (I was going 70 in a 55... 55 on a 4 lane limited access highway is utter stupidity IMO) and all of a sudden he swings out and pulls me over. They can be pretty sneaky SOB's if you arent careful.

(I'v gotten 4 tickets, 2 from camaros, 1 motorcycle cop, and 1 crown vic... in my 6 years of driving.)

Last edited:

Jens03GT

Established Member
Well the ones that I have seen have been out on race night. They werer fully marked and everything. They look pretty cool. But I have also seen the ones you are talking about. There were alot of those back in SA. Unmarked cars. Sneaky.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Good link. No camaros though huh? I am going to try to find some. You should the cop cars down here. They are so funny looking. They look like little mini vans with bright orange and yellow reflective stripes. Nothing secretive about those guys.

Jens03GT

Established Member
It is really hilarious when they try to hide in bushes. You can clearly see the bright colors whern your lights hit them. LOL I will try to find pics.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
you should see the germans. vw passats in green and white. ha ha, but i did see some porsches tho. and you dont mess with the poliezi (sp), they will kick your ass! the coolest thing was the motorcycle cops though, bmw's and full racing type leathers. definately not out for a sunday cruise....

Users who are viewing this thread