Ernie Irvans 95 Cobra R

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
It bothers me seeing cars that were meant to be driven sitting in garages waiting for the day their owners can see a return on their investment. Just wrong

Dusten

Established Member
Why buy this prime example and beat on it? If you want to beat on one, buy one that has some miles and beat on it.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Why (missing verb) this prime example and beat on it? If you want to beat on one, buy one that has some miles and beat on it.

Because the car was built to be beat on outside under the sun on hot asphalt, not sit in a garage under fluorescent lights collecting dust

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusten

Established Member
Because the car was built to be beat on outside under the sun on hot asphalt, not sit in a garage under fluorescent lights collecting dust

When new they were. But that was 17 years ago. This car is now nothing more than a collectors item that would have its value destroyed by doing so. I agree, I wouldnt have bought this car new and stored, it, but at this point in its life, its really good for little else.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Local ford dealer here has one in their showroom , i'm sure its for sale but not sure what they want for it ..nice car for sure

Your taking about the one in Salem correct?

I had to pick up a vehicle from that dealer from work.
Noticed it and asked if it was for sale.
They said no.

I came in later that day with my cobra and asked again and same response.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
When new they were. But that was 17 years ago. This car is now nothing more than a collectors item that would have its value destroyed by doing so. I agree, I wouldnt have bought this car new and stored, it, but at this point in its life, its really good for little else.

True...
5.2 seconds 0-60... On par with a Honda Accord

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
280 flywheel? More like 300! Plus back in the day they got it to run extremely high 12's on a hero run. 1994-1995 SVT 5.0 cobra's usually would dyno at 240hp at the wheels which means they were making about 270hp at the flywheel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Maybe not true with the right person. Suppose you had always wanted a 1995 Cobra R and didn't want a used one now. So you've been dreaming of being able to go back in time, buy a new '95 'R' and walla! Here it is! Just like it was from the dealer's showroom back in 1995. And that person would likely drive it just like they would have back then. The buyer will, of course, have to do a few test mentioned about to correct any issues that developed over those 17 years. For some people, money lost doing this wouldn't matter. JMO.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

I understand what you're saying, and I can see how some people would think like that. I just personally disagree. I will never own a car that I "can't"/wouldn't drive. Defeats the entire purpose of the car. I don't care if it is the only Shelby Gt500 built with this package, this color scheme etc... I don't care if it was the first Shelby Cobra ever made, etc...I'm going to drive it, and drive it like it was meant to be driven.
:beer:

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Local ford dealer here has one in their showroom , i'm sure its for sale but not sure what they want for it ..nice car for sure

It belongs to Chris O'Neal. I'm sure to get it you have to pay a ridiculous amount. When you own a dealership your not exactly "hurting" for money.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I noticed the listing says the car is in Very Good condition. Except for perhaps a questions about seals, I would think a wrapper car like this with only 8 miles would be described as being a bit more than Very Good.

99BOSS

Established Member
These things were like 35K new. I remember looking at one when they came out. So for 18 years, it doesnt look like its gonna get a good return on its investment. For some reason the 95 R just doesnt get the respect like the 93R and 00R did. Id love to have a 95R just because it had the 351 in it. Very true on the condition of this car. The rings could be semi rusted to the cylinder walls, O rings dry, fuel cell done, coolant broken down and rusting in the block, etc. Letting something sit is fine if the engine is turned over, and gas is run through it on a regular basis. This would be a awesome collectible but would require a lot of checking and work for a 8 mile car!

Users who are viewing this thread