EPA shutting down tuning companies...

johnnyrocket

Established Member
Who will the EPA go after next.....this sucks!

Edge is being fined 500,000 by the EPA!
news: Company fined $500,000 by US EPA for selling a DPF removal kit
H&S tuning is being audited by the EPA
Press Release - H&S Performance
Our decision to discontinue these products is based on recent statements made by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) regarding diesel performance products intended solely for racing/off-road use. The EPA and CARB have taken the position that the manufacturer of such products is solely responsible for the proper use of those products by the end-user. Despite our best efforts to carefully develop and implement procedures designed to ensure that each purchaser of our off-road/race-only products is aware of his or her legal obligations and promises to use those products in a lawful manner, as of this time we have not been able to gain satisfactory assurance that such measures will be considered adequate by the EPA and CARB. Consequently, we have chosen to withdraw our off-road/race-only products from the marketplace until we are able to verify that the sale of those products can be achieved in a manner that satisfies EPA’s and CARB’s concerns.

We will continue to monitor developments with regard to applicable federal and state legal requirements. If and when we are able to re-introduce these products into the marketplace in a manner that definitively meets all EPA and CARB requirements, we will do so. In the meantime, we trust that you will understand the basis for our decision.

Thank you for your continued support.
Regards,

Rick Trudo, President - SCT Performance, LLC.

MachsFastr

Established Member
Lets ban the EPA. Screw those global warming nuts.

Yeah screw them for trying to do the right thing for future generations! :rollseyes

I am not a tree hugger but the EPA and EPD are mearly trying to keep us from ****ing up the environment worse than we already have.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
what a bunch of crap! These new diesel trucks are choked with emmissions components making them very inefficient as far as power/fuel economy. I have read many people removing the components and installing a tune, which helps fuel mileage increase well over factory. I guess it is better having trucks that get 10-12 mpg's, that will save the world!

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
what a bunch of crap! These new diesel trucks are choked with emmissions components making them very inefficient as far as power/fuel economy. I have read many people removing the components and installing a tune, which helps fuel mileage increase well over factory. I guess it is better having trucks that get 10-12 mpg's, that will save the world!

What tree huggers fail to realize is that truck tuners in general are in the minority. The majority of diesels on the road go unmodified simply because the majority of the general human popluation does not modify cars or trucks.

The effects on the environment from the minority of Hot Rodders/Tuners is minimal at best.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Yeah screw them for trying to do the right thing for future generations! :rollseyes

I am not a tree hugger but the EPA and EPD are mearly trying to keep us from ****ing up the environment worse than we already have.

come on frank....you know that no government entity is worried about the future.

it's all about the money.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Yea because its all fake. Dumbass.
take a look around. the fraud behind man made global warming that has been committed and revealed is inarguable. evidence has been falsified in an attempt to force an agenda. and despite this information being readily available, people still buy into the propaganda.

LOL, doing the "right thing"? DPFs INCREASE CO2 generation - I.E., they increase "greenhouse gases" that are supposed to cause global warming. this is basic stuff, try doing a little research.

fast ford brian

Established Member
It doesn't help the diesel aftermarket at all when people post internet vids blowing smoke on people for fun and "rolling coal" at every stoplight. This has been a long time coming . I think the saying goes , one bad apple spoils the cart . When breaking the law it is usually a good idea to be discreet about it lol.

MachsFastr

Established Member
LOL, doing the "right thing"? DPFs INCREASE CO2 generation - I.E., they increase "greenhouse gases" that are supposed to cause global warming. this is basic stuff, try doing a little research.

My research is in my own industry and what we do to meet EPD's & EPA's requirements.
I've seen what the emissions are prior to and after installation of components.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
With DPF's and DEF systems, modern diesels are cleaner than butterfly farts. The downfall is that you can barely get around the block without a check engine light and a power derate. The next big push is going after CO2 per HP/hour.

For the conspiracy theroists...Warren Buffet is friends with the current Administration,Warren owns trains, more expensive engines hits trucking industry harder than rail, rail picks up more market share.:dw:

wvmystichrome

Established Member

REALLY????? I have watched them close so many mines down in this area and friends lose their jobs. Its more than protecting the environment ...... IT'S CONTROL over everything.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
come on frank....you know that no government entity is worried about the future.

it's all about the money.

This. The ****ing EPA is out of control. I'm all about taking care of our environment and I think the EPA is necessary but there aught to be a limit. The EPA is fully capable of creating any regulation they want without the approval of congress. This whole dpf thing is stupid to me. Sure they provide less particulate matter but at what cost? Twice the money at the pump on a non renewable resource we import from a region that ****ing hates us all so nancy pelosi can have a clean tail pipe. Come on! This is big government at its finest.

Edit: I'm still stuck on 6.4 trucks. I guess the def solution has fixed some of this but it's still costing the end user more to operate their vehicle.

Last edited:

MachsFastr

Established Member
I completely agree that it is costly. Some of what they protect to keep big business at a snails pace is quite ridiculous.
We just put scrubbers on two of our four generators. For a "non-profit" organization this is money spent to please EPA instead of ensuring our customers are served and have good, reliable equipment to do so with.

Users who are viewing this thread