engine swap coming up

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
Alright, I called today and got an '01 cobra brake booster. Anything else you think I will need??

Also, I recieved every wiring harness for the vehicle today. I will be swapping dash harness, computer harness, and headlight harness this weekend. I will also be putting in the '01 cobra fuel pump, and the harness that runs to the back for taillights, fuel pump, etc.

If I get all of that done, is there anything else I have to do???

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
Alright, I called today and got an '01 cobra brake booster. Anything else you think I will need??

Also, I recieved every wiring harness for the vehicle today. I will be swapping dash harness, computer harness, and headlight harness this weekend. I will also be putting in the '01 cobra fuel pump, and the harness that runs to the back for taillights, fuel pump, etc.

If I get all of that done, is there anything else I have to do???

Why the 01 Cobra fuel pump? I would have suggested an SVT focus one (part # 3S4Z-9H307-BC), It flows more and is about 1/3 the cost of an 01 Cobra fuel pump. ($120 versus $300+)

TrueBlueVenom

Established Member
I don't think it's right to have the false badging, but to each their own (not meant as a "hate" post :) ). good luck on your swaps; Post up progress pics if ya can. Any thought of upgrading to Cobra brakes rather than the GT?

side note: v6 rear end would be a "one wheel spin" as well.

Established Member
In answer to your PM, there is no need to change PATS. Your current PATS will work with the new stuff perfectly. There will be no issues, just do not leave your keys in the ignition while working on the car since PATS will think that you forgot your keys there and to prevent theft, PATS normally will disable your chip in the key.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
are u sure?? i thought I had to get the computer flashed to bypass the pats system. I am using an '01 cobra engine, tranny. '03 GT rearend. and eveyrthing else is '00 v6. Thought evrything had to match for pats to be ok??

Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
are u sure?? i thought I had to get the computer flashed to bypass the pats system. I am using an '01 cobra engine, tranny. '03 GT rearend. and eveyrthing else is '00 v6. Thought evrything had to match for pats to be ok??

Nope. PATS is Passive Anti-Theft System.

It has nothing to do with what motor is in your car. All 96-04 PATS are compatible with whatever motor you have.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
ok, awesome on the pats!! Another question, Already I ordered all the wiring harnesses for the '01 cobra, same as the engine. Well today I put 2 out of the 3 in. I put in the headlight harness, along with the dash harness. Anyway, I thought about putting the computer harness in, well anyway something didn't seem right. There's a plug on the computer harness that I can't match to fit anything. And there's a plug on the headlight harness I put in I couldn't match to anything. Did they give me a wrong harness? Am I dumb, and missing something? Anyway, here's pics of the plugs.

Pic of the plug on the headlight harness:
mustang035.jpg

Pic of the plug on the computer harness:
mustang036.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated, as always!

DC97Cobra

Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
mustang036.jpg

Looks like the CCRM Module plug. New from Ford is about $150. You will have to order one for the 01 Cobra since that is the harness you are using. The plug should tuck into the Passenger side fender, right in front of the wheel. That piece is absolutely necessary as it controls a bunch of stuff.. fans, ac compressor, etc...

DC97Cobra

Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
What about the other plug, the one that is on the headlight harness??? Where does it go?

I'll take a look at my car and see if I can locate it.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
2000SuperStang said:
What about the other plug, the one that is on the headlight harness??? Where does it go?

it looks like the plug where the engine harness goes to... on the passenger side corner on the windshield side... the computer/fender harness and the engine bay harness plug together there. it has a hole for a screw right? it's not really clear in the pics... if it has then that's the one.

Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
ok, awesome on the pats!! Another question, Already I ordered all the wiring harnesses for the '01 cobra, same as the engine. Well today I put 2 out of the 3 in. I put in the headlight harness, along with the dash harness. Anyway, I thought about putting the computer harness in, well anyway something didn't seem right. There's a plug on the computer harness that I can't match to fit anything. And there's a plug on the headlight harness I put in I couldn't match to anything. Did they give me a wrong harness? Am I dumb, and missing something? Anyway, here's pics of the plugs.

Pic of the plug on the headlight harness:
mustang035.jpg

mustang036.jpg

This is the ABS plug in module. If your V6 did not have ABS, then this thing just hangs or you can tuck it away like I did..right behind the passenger headlight. After all is set and done, you will not have any problems with this. (trust me) :)
mustang035.jpg

This is the CCRM plug. It goes in the fenderwell area above the passenger front wheel. Get the CCRM from FORD as stated above...and yes the cost for a CCRM is about $150 retail, or about $110 if you have an acct with Ford like I do.
mustang036.jpg

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Hmmm... So many cheap V6 Stangs out there, I like this idea...

Bookmarked. Awesome project!

Established Member
Duende said:
Hmmm... So many cheap V6 Stangs out there, I like this idea...

Bookmarked. Awesome project!

You should do the same with the links in my sig. :rockon:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
Yeah, its a nice project. Hope the first time I start it up pays me back for all this work.

Alright, all wiring is swapped. I found the CCRM module in the pass. side fenderwall. The new plug, plugs right into it. Do I still have to get one? are they the same v6 to cobra? Let me know!

Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
Yeah, its a nice project. Hope the first time I start it up pays me back for all this work.

Alright, all wiring is swapped. I found the CCRM module in the pass. side fenderwall. The new plug, plugs right into it. Do I still have to get one? are they the same v6 to cobra? Let me know!

You still need one for a Cobra. It controls the fuel pump, the radiator fan settings, plus a few other things I cannot remember.

Last edited:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
ok, I will go ahead and get that then. Also, one other thing. I swapped 4 out of 5 harnesses on the car. The only one I didn't swap is the one for the interior, that runs back to to taillights. I don't plan on using cobra turnsignals, but outside of that, do I need to change this harness?? Will it hook up to the '01 cobra fuel pump that I got?

Users who are viewing this thread