Engine oil smells like e85

fha8388

Established Member
Is this normal for you guys running on corn? I just noticed my engine oil smells like e85. I did a search and no luck.

fha8388

Established Member
Ill do that. Damm I hope its nothing bad. I havent changed my oil in like 9 months , but still not hit 3000 miles

Turbo900rr

Established Member
If you just drive the car on short trips the oil won't heat up enough to burn off the fuel so I'm fairly sure that's all it is. I don't think you have any mechanical issues. I'm in the same boat myself. I have a 12 gt that is nine months old and has 2300 miles on it. But when I do drive it's usually for a hundred miles to visit family. (gotta keep up appearances you know. I can't be seen in the dd Saturn wagon.)

gt347mustang

Established Member
Mine reaks of ethanol also. Haven't had a problem yet. To scared to send in a sample to blackstone.

What thermostat are you running?

fha8388

Established Member
Im running stock thermostats. Thats good to hear that everybody that is running e85 has the same smell. Im just goin to start changing my oil every 3 months

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Im running stock thermostats. Thats good to hear that everybody that is running e85 has the same smell. Im just goin to start changing my oil every 3 months
Oil should be changed by mileage, not time.

When I sent my oil in for analysis I paid extra to check the "Additive Package". I was told by Blackstone that the additive package was good for several years!

So no need to change it every 3 months unless we once believed.

fha8388

Established Member
Oil should be changed by mileage, not time.

When I sent my oil in for analysis I paid extra to check the "Additive Package". I was told by Blackstone that the additive package was good for several years!

So no need to change it every 3 months unless we once believed.

Thankyou for all the info:beer: . Just got scared that I was the only guy with oil smell of corn.

Users who are viewing this thread