!!! Engine Noise !!!

cloz1121

New to site; not the game
Established Member
so what did you decide on doing? I have the same prob with my drivers side head and don't know whether to go stock replacement or cnc ported? How are or did things work out for you?

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
first of all change your oil.....10w-30 isn't the proper oil for these motors, go 5w-20 and use something with some data behind it like royal purple and see if your tick is still there. Can it be heard from the engine bay with the hood up or do you hear it louder from the drivers side fender well? let me know

SAMACH1

Established Member
first of all change your oil.....10w-30 isn't the proper oil for these motors, go 5w-20 and use something with some data behind it like royal purple and see if your tick is still there. Can it be heard from the engine bay with the hood up or do you hear it louder from the drivers side fender well? let me know

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM... 04 mach 1 37k .... i hear it from the drivers side fender well...

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
Hate to be the bringer of bad news but listen closely to the drivers side head....more than likely the one of the driver's side valve guides is worn and causing the noise.....at least a machine shop visit for the head is in order

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Hate to be the bringer of bad news but listen closely to the drivers side head....more than likely the one of the driver's side valve guides is worn and causing the noise.....at least a machine shop visit for the head is in order

+1. It comes from worn valve guide(s). Suppose to be on Cobras that have a build date before 1 Nov 2002, but if it doesn't happen within the first few thousands miles, you either don't have it or that's not the problem your experiencing.

SAMACH1

Established Member
It sounds like its coming from behind the heads, almost under the shaker...I ran a 13.3 with it ticking like this haha...all stock besides exhaust with a 2.1 60ft trapping at 106.9...I am going to switch to royal purple full synthetic and see if that works instead of this crappy 50/50 motorcraft stuff..

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
+1. It comes from worn valve guide(s). Suppose to be on Cobras that have a build date before 1 Nov 2002, but if it doesn't happen within the first few thousands miles, you either don't have it or that's not the problem your experiencing.

This is what most people believe but it is not true. I have a 2004 Cobra and my first head tick started around 20,000 miles. The car is not abused at all. I change the oil every 2,800 miles with full synthetic. The tick is a hit or miss type of deal. Some get it some do not. Build date, how you drive the car, how often you change your oil doesn't matter. It can happen at anytime to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread