!!! Engine Noise !!!

yellowgt02

Established Member
what does it mean !!!
Is it valve train problem , valves , lifters , floweres or short bolck ???
Could it be the oil level, I found mine need something like 1/4-1/2 bottle of oil !
BTW I'm using 10w30 Castrol

Since when did cobras start coming with Flowers? I want some :banana:

TrickStang37

Established Member
i didn't hear ANYTHING in that video out of the ordinary. Your car seems fine to me.

btw, off topic, but the layout of the initial post makes it look like some poem or something. :smmon:

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Can't here anything in the vid, but look up the tick on here or youtube, plenty of info for you.

Cobreezy

Established Member
Those of you that had the heads replaced by Ford, did they replace it right away or did they have questions? I hear that the problem falls under "TSB-T-31604 Replacement of Defective Heads". Will they still replace it even if the warranty is over? My local Mustang shop said that since it's a TSB, they have to replace it with no questions asked.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Those of you that had the heads replaced by Ford, did they replace it right away or did they have questions? I hear that the problem falls under "TSB-T-31604 Replacement of Defective Heads". Will they still replace it even if the warranty is over? My local Mustang shop said that since it's a TSB, they have to replace it with no questions asked.
ya, they'll replace them no problems, but they'll charge you for it. it's a TSB, not a recall.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
ya, they'll replace them no problems, but they'll charge you for it. it's a TSB, not a recall.

I have had the dealer install 2 new sets of heads. I have an extended warranty so they take care of me free of charge. They also supply me with a rental car. If you do not have a warranty you are going to pay out of pocket. A TSB is not a recall. Many parts can car make the tick sound like bad lash adjusters, pulley, exhaust leak, head, etc. Good luck. I am about ready to trade my Cobra in because I am f-ing sick of fixing this tick every 6 months. By far the most unrealiable car I have ever owned :nonono:

TrickStang37

Established Member
i have an early run 03, 63,5xx miles, no ticking whatsoever. that sucks, about your car. I hate thinking a problem is fixed and then it comes back.

SVPAM

Established Member
Finally, I checked some vids for head tick, the sound in my car is exaclty the same
Actullay, the workshop opened the valve cover and he found every thing is OK
Lifters, rocker armes, cam ..etc
If it's a head tick issue is there any way to fix the problem ? or it's must to replace the heads ? If no
Does it need to replace LH head only or both ? Bare or assembled ?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Finally, I checked some vids for head tick, the sound in my car is exaclty the same
Actullay, the workshop opened the valve cover and he found every thing is OK
Lifters, rocker armes, cam ..etc
If it's a head tick issue is there any way to fix the problem ? or it's must to replace the heads ? If no
Does it need to replace LH head only or both ? Bare or assembled ?

Before you get a new head I would make sure it is not your bottom end. There was a member on here that thought it was the head tick so he replaced the heads thinking it would fix it. He ended up wasting all that money.

You only have to replace the head that is damaged. The new head will come with everything already installed. PM Steve from Tousley Ford. He is a member on here. He sells parts for 10% over cost.

SVPAM

Established Member
How can I make sure of the bottom ??
Compression test will be fine ?
If it's a cont rods issue ??
Is it possible to replace only one head ?
Actullay we don't know from which side is the noise LH or RH head !

Cobreezy

Established Member
Not to steal from this thread, but I found out the problem to my "engine noise". It was the Kenne Bell s/c!:fm: I guess a bearing inside must have gone south and the rotors were beginning to rub since their tolerances are thousandths of an inch. My local Mustang performance shop removed the blower off my car yesterday and is sending it back to Kenne Bell for service. The service alone starts off at $699 and that's if they don't find anything wrong.:??: Sucks, but at leat I know the blower will be back in tip-top shape.:rockon: Good luck with your issue SVPAM!

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
How can I make sure of the bottom ? You can get a compression test/ leak down test. Someone on here said that you can also put your ebake up and let of the cluch a little to put the engine under load. If it is a connecting rod the noise will get louder because of the load. Not sure if this will work or not. You can also unplug one injector at a time and see if the noise goes away.
Compression test will be fine ? Also do a leak down if the comp. test comes up bad.If it's a cont rods issue ??
Is it possible to replace only one head ? Yes, that is what most people do.
Actullay we don't know from which side is the noise LH or RH head. Get a mechanics stethascope orr a screw driver to listen around the engine for the tick. Narrow it down to the loudest area. That is where your problem will be.

SVPAM

Established Member
now, I want to replace my heads what to go for :
My application is 2.6 Kb , full exhaust , fuel sys
Also, I want to go for twin turbo after a year or something like that.
1- Buy stock heads and install aftermarket high lift cams with springs ?

2- Buy Aftermarket ported and polished heads from Livernoise or SHM ( Stage II ) and put on the stock cams ?

3- Buy stock heads and Ford GT cams to install it w/o springs ?

I heared that buy a stage II heads is not worh it in our 4v
I don't care about driveability and the car is not daily use, All I want is Power and that's all, I will use some low shot of Nitrous also.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
If you have a KB 2.6 on the car now and it is making ticking noises I would definitely do a compression check. It might be your bottom end.

SVPAM

Established Member
Ok After I do the compression test ! I will do it before I order the heads
But I heared all vids for head tick, mine is exactly the same
So which plan I go for 1,2 or 3 ?

SVPAM

Established Member
now, I want to replace my heads what to go for :
My application is 2.6 Kb , full exhaust , fuel sys
Also, I want to go for twin turbo after a year or something like that.
1- Buy stock heads and install aftermarket high lift cams with springs ?

2- Buy Aftermarket ported and polished heads from Livernoise or SHM ( Stage II ) and put on the stock cams ?

3- Buy stock heads and Ford GT cams to install it w/o springs ?

I heared that buy a stage II heads is not worh it in our 4v
I don't care about driveability and the car is not daily use, All I want is Power and that's all, I will use some low shot of Nitrous also.

Users who are viewing this thread