Eminem becomes a born again Christian

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
thats good if he did, maybe he just wanted to change his life, doesn't mean he'll be perfect, his music is still a form of art people love, he can still rap and be a good guy. people think reborns are supposed to be all bible thumping.....they mess up too, and he's great at what he does...let the guy be.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Really? Ever listen to his music? LOL.

I know plenty of religious people who would shun the thought of him being associated with them. I mean, these are the same people who told me I would go to hell for listening to heavy metal when I was a kid.

There is a big difference between "religious people" and Christians.

Driver500

Established Member
Really, these people where Baptist Christians? I went to 3 different churches that all had the same ideology. I find it hard to believe that it would be any different anywhere else.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but my personal experience includes "religious" situations like the one you found, but also includes Christian people who welcome anyone who chooses to worship with them.

Pious people like you are describing have been around since before the Bible was written. Their actions and how to deal with them are talked about throughout the Bible. Their behavior does not reflect Christianity.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Really, these people where Baptist Christians? I went to 3 different churches that all had the same ideology. I find it hard to believe that it would be any different anywhere else.

Well in the church I go to, for example, the drummer in the band is in a hard rock group with his friends. He doesn't look like your "typical" Christian (tatoos, dyed hair) but that doesn't effect his faith. The only thing I could see a Christian having a problem with music is if it's promoting ungoldy thoughts/acts. Not saying your music does but just a possibility.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I heard Kim Clement, a well known prophet, say years ago when Eminen and 50 Cent were at their highest that both were going to be saved. Both men have huge callings, they just haven't figured out how to make the most or best of it. Looks like Eminem might be finding it so just waiting on 50 Cent.

Whatever he did in his past is forgiven and whatever he does in the future is forgiven. No religious entity can take his salvation so however judgemental people want to be towards him or anyone else will just bring judgement down on them.

Great news though! Hopefully it is true.

cobra_mer

Established Member
I guess he is just trying to find a meaning for his life. What ever floats his boat. The guy has been through it all. Although I find it hard to believe that Christians would accept him, wait for his next album, LOL.

Really? Ever listen to his music? LOL.

I know plenty of religious people who would shun the thought of him being associated with them. I mean, these are the same people who told me I would go to hell for listening to heavy metal when I was a kid.

This is why so many people are turned off to church and people claiming to be "Christian". The truth of the matter is anyone who acts this way is not "Christian" or better to say they have fallen to the wayside of Christian teachings. To be a "Christian" means not only to accept Christ as your savior, but to try and live your life by his teachings. This is hard to do since we are "only human" and ultimately susceptible to the temptations of sin.

Christ taught his followers to love everyone unconditionally and when someone strikes your cheek turn the other one to them so they can strike that side as well. Also another important teaching Christ taught was: Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you render, it shall be measured to you again.

These "Christians" you spoke of are quick to judge and in doing so create hypocrites of themselves and ultimately what they believe in. This happens so often amongst church goers they forget they are doing it and don't realize the hardship they are creating on people wanting to be saved.

Good example: When I was in college I was with my GF and her family in Bend Oregon we were walking down the sidewalk to a local pub/restaurant. A Man was standing on a elevated area casting judgment on patrons entering the pub saying they were all going to hell and they were all sinners. When we approached a passerby yelled out: Judge not, that you be not judged. The man stopped ranting, got down and left without another word. So many "Christians" forget the fact that it is not their place to point out the flaws inherent in others when they themselves are flawed.

:beer:

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Eminem should have never gotten rid of his ghost writer. Everything has been garbage after his second album.
You do know that Marshall Mathers LP was his third album right….. :poke:
And I disagree, The Eminem Show was a great all around album, probably his best work. Marshall Mathers is just a dark classic.

Users who are viewing this thread