El Paso Texas it is

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Hey all. I just picked up a 2001 Cobra with a full Eaton swap. I am in the Army and am stationed at Fort Bliss, in you guessed it, El Paso, TX. My list of cars is short and sweet. I started with a 1994 Dodge Shadow when I was 16. Then when I joined the Army and got to TX I bought a 2008 Focus Coupe. Did a few mods to that and then bought a 2003 VW GTI 20th AE. The GTI broke 3.5 weeks after I bought it so it sat for 4.5 months. Fixed the GTI in Jan. of this year and in March I sold my Focus and my Shadow. I have also owned a 2008 Yamaha R6v which is long sold and currently own a 2004 CBR600RR swell.

Details about the Cobra. Full Eaton swap, T56 trans swap, Cobra IRS swap. Have not gotten it dyno'd yet as I have had it two days. But I can tell you it is stupid fun to even and I don't even care that I can watch the gas gauge go down when I am driving with, lets say, pleasure.

Only one issue. Blew out second gear 15-20 after I drove it off of the lot. Texas has a 30 day Lemon Law that covers me even though I bought the car as-is. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a big hassle. Kinda bummed about it but ever other gear work perfect including reverse, but I want to get it looked at before anything else happens. BTW I have messed up the trans in EVERY single car I have owned. I threw a Diff pin in the Shadow destroying everything about the trans in that, destroyed the third and fifth syncros in the Focus and broke the 3-4 shift fork in the GTI. I guess the transmission gods love me.

I have yet to get my own pictures, but expect them to be up very soon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on finding that modded '01 Cobra. Sounds like you'll have a ton of fun with it once you get your transmission issue fixed. Let us know how you make out with the dealer who sold you the car.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
IMAG0793.jpg

IMAG0794.jpg

IMAG0795.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

Full info on the car:

Hooker Super Comp 1 5/8 headers, 3 inch collector
Brand new cats on an h-pipe
3 inch Magnaflow Cat Back
Full eaton swap
Intake
T56 Trans swap with some kind of clutch (freaking hard on my knee)
Painless wiring harness for the swap
Terminator gas tank
Termi Wing
I bought the car the way it sits. And as I work on it I will find more stuff out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice looking '01 Cobra, and the mod list is good! Just out of curiosity, why are the photos foggy?

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Yes I did. He is actually one of the good performance car dealers in El Paso.

The photos are foggy cause my phone is messed up. Been through hell and back but it still works so I am not getting a new one haha.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Yea, unlike two other dealers I won't mention, but I will say the two other performance dealers used to be partners until they got into an argument over money.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/3917341145375" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/3917341145375" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>

brucesvt

Established Member
Yea, unlike two other dealers I won't mention, but I will say the two other performance dealers used to be partners until they got into an argument over money.

lol i know those two dealers. Congrats again i have to see this beast in person

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Welcome. Ill be stationed at Bliss come a year from now. Nice looking cobra. I look forward to seeing you around if youre still there.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Welcome. Ill be stationed at Bliss come a year from now. Nice looking cobra. I look forward to seeing you around if youre still there.

I am probably not going to be here. I have been on orders to Italy for a LONG time but stuff got messed up and now everyone is stalling about getting a decision. I might just tell them to keep me here as it sucks, but the people I have met in El Paso are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread