EGR delete

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I tried a search, but does anyone here have a quick link or anything to remove all the EGR crap from the sides of my blower? I know it's not all that hard, just don't wanna disconnect the wrong crap, lol........thanks.:thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

your search failed chris. all you needed was the number in my sig. :poke:

you will need a tune change because of codes when removing that stuff

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Hehe, yeah you are right Jason, lol. I kinda wanna do it here, it was nice popping a beer and bolting that plenum and stuff on the other night. By the way, there was an amazing differencein the car afterwords, which has me wanting more now, lol!

Wanna come up for some beers and help me strip it off one day soon? Bring your computer and we can change the tune?:beer::thumbsup:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
would it be ok to do the egr delete and not have it turned off in the tune right away? Will it effect anything besides just throwing a light

03 VENOM

Established Member
Hehe, yeah you are right Jason, lol. I kinda wanna do it here, it was nice popping a beer and bolting that plenum and stuff on the other night. By the way, there was an amazing differencein the car afterwords, which has me wanting more now, lol!

Wanna come up for some beers and help me strip it off one day soon? Bring your computer and we can change the tune?:beer::thumbsup:

What was the difference in the car afterwards?

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
What was the difference in the car afterwards?

I put on an Accufab TB/ Plenum....MUCH better throttle response, it definatley pulls a little harder, and the car makes more noise...the blower is a little louder, and the RAI is definatley louder....

SVT_Troy

Established Member
would it be ok to do the egr delete and not have it turned off in the tune right away? Will it effect anything besides just throwing a light

Anybody know? Ive been searching. And cant find an answer. Dont want to make a new thread for it.....

TRBO VNM

LOL, you can do it there, not a big deal, but just give me a call and I can explain some of it.

I don't tune. If we got a tune from Jon, then he would have to send another with those codes turned off. I can't make tune changes. Your vac lines will have to be redone as well since you are removing everything over there, but the bypass stays in place.

I will be ready to do the other stuff on your car in about 2 weeks. Just knocked out a bunch and just need to get the cam put in the corvette and then you can bring it down.

not really. gas mileage, but it should drive fine. The trick is getting all the vac lines hooked up properly. I have fixed some cars because people failed miserably at trying to do it.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Hehe...ok. I am dropping the Harley off in LaPlata today to get some work done (painting the fairing and adding a chrome front end....maybe cams, too) so two weeks should be perfect to drop the car off to you after that.....:thumbsup:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
You don't need a retune for egr removal ..I did it on mine ..the only thing u need to do is to turn off the egr on your handheld ..that's all :) and yes gas milage will go down a bit

TRBO VNM

You don't need a retune for egr removal ..I did it on mine ..the only thing u need to do is to turn off the egr on your handheld ..that's all :) and yes gas milage will go down a bit

hmm, is this a new option with the firmware updates on the xcal3? My firmware is old and I had to leave it like that for logging purposes. Maybe with the newer firmware releases you can just simply turn it off with adjusting option parameters. If so, that is awesome and something I need to do on a customers car right now.

Chris, I don't recall, do you have a x2 or x3?

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Oh so I see ..I'm glad I was able to do it with my predator ..didn't know new handhelds don't offer that feature .

TRBO VNM

Seriously doubt you can chris. I have never seen that available with SCT. And am not shocked about new handhelds not being able to do it considering environmental laws.

Users who are viewing this thread