Edelbrock looking for e-force supercharger donor car. 550hp/500tq

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
It looks like the target calibration is 550hp/500tq. Retail price is almost up there with the Ford Racing 624hp Whipple kit $6,929.00

---------------------
Edelblog | Wanted: 2011 Ford Mustang GT with Manual Trans (5.0L V8) Wanted for S/C R&D

Wanted: 2011 Ford Mustang GT with Manual Trans (5.0L V8) Wanted for S/C R&D

For: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger installation and calibration

Ideal Candidate: Ford Mustang owner desiring more power while maintaining the integrity and uncompromising appeal of the Mustang.

Vehicle Must Be Factory Stock

Product Description: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger system 550HP / 500 Ft/Lbs. of TQ

Key Deliverable’s:
Baseline dyno your vehicle (stock) CAR MUST BE IN FACTORY STOCK FORM
Use the selected vehicle for installation of E-Force system
Document the install process for E-Force installation instructions
Calibrate the vehicle (on chassis) dyno to engineer a fully mapped, OEM quality calibration
Wash and top off fuel upon completion

Duration: Edelbrock will require the vehicle for approximately 6-8 weeks

Date Required: ASAP

550HP Package Participation Package cost: $5,599.95 + CA sales tax (includes all key deliverables noted above)

Retail price (kit only): $6,929.00 (parts only)+ CA sales tax

For additional information on Edelbrock E-Force systems Ford Mustang applications Click Here

Serious Inquiries Please Contact: [email protected]

chrisheltra

Established Member
I give you my car for 2 months for free so you can develop a S/C system that will potentially make you a lot of money then you better be giving me a free system. Otherwise go buy your own damn car. Why would the average customer buy a blower that produces 550 hp when he could spend the same amount and make 625 hp?

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I agree with everyone thus far. it should be free kit, free install, and free 5 yr/60k warranty which they charge extra for.

You'd think a big co like Edelbrock would want a 5.0 to have in their R&D stable no?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
that is crazy!!!! much smaller companies bought their own car and figured it out. they wanna give u 1500 off!!! you cant rent a shit car for 2 months on 1500 bucks.... Kinda crappy from a company that has so much money and wont even hook up the little guy.

KonaGT

Established Member
That is the most ridiculous offer I have ever seen.

"Here Edelbrock, let me loan you my car for 2 months so I dont have it but still making $1,000 worth of payments on it so I can save $1500 off the price of the blower kit."

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
They can kiss my ass. They won't be beating on my car for that.

zilla8

Established Member
I agree the kit should be free IMO but here's what I'm seeing these days.

A lot of guys are jumping at these kind of offers because of possible sponsor offers or mabey a feature in a magazine.I just would not want to be without my brand new car for 6-8 weeks

and that 6-8 weeks could end up being longer if issues crop up.I'm sure someone will offer their car and go for it even if it's just to be the first on the block with this blower.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like they really don't need a donor car at the price. Sorry free only.

4a7191a

Established Member
wow, cheap bastards. with note and insurance the customer would be losing money.what if they pop the motor trying to tune it? who's going to pay for that? :( i still like there products for older modle makes. but in todays world of cars thier name is pretty much forgotten IMO.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I still haven't lost faith in the upcoming 2011 gt kit from them. For the street, I am thinking it should perform just as well as Roush's. Same eaton tvs rotors.

They are the only supercharger co willing to offer for upgrade price, a warranty that matches ford's 5 yr, 60k mile. and it covers entire powertrain.

I just think the price to hp is not going to be a value leader. Too be completely honest, my 5.0 will never have the supporting mods nor tires, to make use of a 700hp kenne bell kit.

wow, cheap bastards. with note and insurance the customer would be losing money.what if they pop the motor trying to tune it? who's going to pay for that? :( i still like there products for older modle makes. but in todays world of cars thier name is pretty much forgotten IMO.

4a7191a

Established Member
eventully you'd be buying supporting mods. being a mod addict it will happen.
on the warrenty part, im sure they would say abuse if the motor got toasted.

FWP!

Established Member
aaaaahahahaah.. some stupid ass is going to give them his car because he thinks he's getting some AWESOME deal.

2013Boss302

Established Member
Edelbrock has always been a great company. I am the first one they called with this offer, I would have jumped on it if i could have afforded it. but due to the recent loss of my wife's father i could not. you guys are all complaining about them giving 1500 off a super charger kit. i don't understand what gives you the right to trash them as a company. its their company and their money, let them do as they please and don't bash them in a forum for trying to get a supercharger on a car at a discounted price.

Users who are viewing this thread