Ed Pink's Shop Scheduled for Demolition

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
THAT is one of the most interesting shop tour videos I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. It's a long video, but I highly recommend those who come here take the time to watch it all. Once it started, I couldn't stop watching until it ended. (Skip over the 2-minute Helix mattress commercial that starts at 14:30, LOL.) SO much great automotive engine building history there. Absolutely sad to hear that the city is taking over the property for inclusion in the planned 2028 Olympics LA bus terminal complex. Ed is an automotive pioneer; a legend.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
THAT is one of the most interesting shop tour videos I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. It's a long video, but I highly recommend those who come here take the time to watch it all. Once it started, I couldn't stop watching until it ended. (Skip over the 2-minute Helix mattress commercial that starts at 14:30, LOL.) SO much great automotive engine building history there. Absolutely sad to hear that the city is taking over the property for inclusion in the planned 2028 Olympics LA bus terminal complex. Ed is an automotive pioneer; a legend.

Screw the Olympics! Ed pink has been a a legend since I was a kid growing up around drag racing in the 70s. Ed hale was another locally known great builder. Eminent domain sucks, Los Angeles already built an Olympic center in the 80s, and they have a HUGE homeless problem that they should clean up beforehand. Last time I was in downtown LA about 7 years ago it looked like a 3rd world country with busted up buildings and graffiti and bums just outside the skyscrapers. I would be happy to never go back to that state unless for a nostalgic race on Coronado island

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MFE

Established Member
I have a different take on this. Yes, Ed is ****ing legend. Yes, there's a ton of history there. But look at the place...it's *beat*. And he's 91 years old. I'm not a fan of eminent domain, but if he gets paid enough to set up shop somewhere else, then win/win.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
It will be sad to see it go! LA is a crap hole 3rd world country.

Users who are viewing this thread