Ecoboost F150 Dyno Numbers

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
I have been curious and saw this on an F150 forum:

Just picked up my '11 EcoBoost XLT on Wednesday.
Took truck to Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn Hgts MI to get it baselined before I get a handheld tuner/tune (when available)

318 RWHP and 347 ft/lbs of torque.

I'm pretty pleased with those numbers. :)

Seems pretty solid for a truck with basically no miles on it. I'll be curious to see what they do with a tune and more break in miles.

Drazga

Established Member
It's nice to see Ford killing it with the new 3.5 and 3.7 motors. They should keep the 5.0 and get rid of the 6.2 for a 5.8 based closely around the 5.0.

Krwy

Established Member
Those are some pretty good numbers stock!! A reg cab 2wd with mods could be fun with ecoboost!

Not gonna happen. Ford is only doing the EB in the XLT and larger models. It would be awesome though. The 5.0 can be had in the SCSB F150.

The new EB with dual 3" downpipes, and a tune should makes a lot more power.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
318 and 347 at the wheels out of an engine that's rated at 365/420? that's pretty stout!
You guys are on crack if can't see how much better a coyote based 5.8 DOHC would be over the current 6.2 SOHC.
so your telling me that you would take a 5.8l that is all but limited to 5.8l(a 5.0l with the same deck height as the 5.4l = 5.8l) would be better than a 6.2l that's capable of 7.5l? and your also saying that it would be a smarter decision to put an almost all new engine into production instead of just making some DOHC heads with coyote-esque combustion chambers for the 6.2l? whatever you say bud!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd love to see the actual dyno sheet, just to check out the torque curve. I agree that a custom tune would be very interesting to compare with the stocker. Very nice numbers for sure.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I heard the 6.2 was disappointing and they might use a 5.8 in the new GT500 correct?

The 6.2L makes good torque for an N/A gas engine and serves it's purpose. It could make way more peak HP if it was configured differently in a car.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I have been curious and saw this on an F150 forum:

Seems pretty solid for a truck with basically no miles on it. I'll be curious to see what they do with a tune and more break in miles.

We're waiting on ours to arrive and will develop a tune as soon as it arrives.

Here's the dyno sheet

f150ecoboost-1.jpg

-Rick

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Good power

I'm surprised to see the power drop off so quickly after 5k. I wonder if that is more due to the VVT and it being configured for a truck?

What does a SHO graph look like?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Good power

I'm surprised to see the power drop off so quickly after 5k. I wonder if that is more due to the VVT and it being configured for a truck?

My guess would be the truck-style intake would have something to do with that.... :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Having a TT-6 myself, I can't wait to see what a tune can do for the Ecoboost. If Ford ever puts these things in vehicles that people will buy (I don't give a damn about the SHO), hopefully Vishnu will make a Procede for them. The Procede V5 for BMW's has autotuning and makes 380whp up from around 240-250 stock. I'd imagine the Ecoboost could easily break 400 whp/tq.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Having a TT-6 myself, I can't wait to see what a tune can do for the Ecoboost. If Ford ever puts these things in vehicles that people will buy (I don't give a damn about the SHO), hopefully Vishnu will make a Procede for them. The Procede V5 for BMW's has autotuning and makes 380whp up from around 240-250 stock. I'd imagine the Ecoboost could easily break 400 whp/tq.

I think a tune produces some very nce gains, but you soon run into the GT15's limit. I'm not sure if they could support an extra 100+ rwhp.

SVTContique

Good power

Just like most factory cars its probably got a weak BOV that leaks boost at higher RPM's the Mazdaspeed motors are notorious for this.

Replace a few parts and they run strong to redline.

Users who are viewing this thread