EBT Card Failure

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You're a Trump supporter? It all makes sense now.

Relevance?

Shit happens beyond our control sometimes. Doesn't mean someone is not responsible.

I agree on stop having kids when you can't support them.

Like what as it relates to too many children, as i understood the context of your comment?

Hell.. even jobs i.e. being laid off comes to question. There are true circumstances outside of our own control or that have 0 bearing on a prior decision that we made--but those circumstances are VERY rare.

Ive had the unfortunate responsibility of laying off hundreds of people throughout my career and i can tell you unequivocally that the folks that get laid off are NOT the ones who make good life decisions, are NOT the good workers, and are NOT the responsible employees.

When layoffs are eminent, the Company's decision makers fight like hell to find a spot for hard workers who positively contribute.

It is much easier (and wiser) to lay off the guys who miss work every Friday and Monday, who cant complete an 8 hour shift, who dont get along well with other employees, who have baby momma dramma show up to the employee parking lot every 1st and 15th, and who cant figure out how to follow the posted work rules that have been in plain sight for 20 years.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I did.. makes no sense which is why i responded the way i responded.

This all boils down to personal responsibly and "ownership" for one's decisions in life. Period.

Are there exceptions? Sure. However, when the exception becomes the rule (which is where we are going now--pretty easy to see) then we have a problem that needs to be fixed.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I did.. makes no sense which is why i responded the way i responded.
This all boils down to personal responsibly and "ownership" for one's decisions in life. Period.
Are there exceptions? Sure. However, when the exception becomes the rule (which is where we are going now--pretty easy to see) then we have a problem that needs to be fixed.
Amen brother!

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Who in this thread that's commented has had the misfortune and embarrassment to have to personally use food stamps or ebt?

I have and Ain't much funny to make about anyone's situation no matter what it looks like.

Voltwings

Established Member
Who in this thread that's commented has had the misfortune and embarrassment to have to personally use food stamps or ebt?

I have and Ain't much funny to make about anyone's situation no matter what it looks like.

The problem is you DID find it unfortunate and embarrassing, and i am assuming you worked hard and are doing better now ... but not everyone sees it that way. Some people see it as a free lunch. There was a lady who called into the radio here years ago and made the comment that she had no education, no skills, no experience, and it was possible for her to make more working the system than working a minimum wage job so the comment "so why would i work?" literally left her mouth. Things like that are unbelievable.

Equalbracket

Established Member

Were you wearing your pajamas tho? I mean come on, it's a different mentality and a never ending cycle that's being discussed. I think i'll avoid this subject and probably a permanent and deserving ban from 03obra

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Here's my problem with "public assistance".

When the government does it it's funded with taxation, which is basically extorting money from me at the point of a gun.

Charity, on the other hand is not. And my wife and I give.

Is there any place in the Constitution where it says I have to pay for my neighbor by force? If somebody can show it to me I'm all ears.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member

When the government does it it's funded with taxation, which is basically extorting money from me at the point of a gun.

Is there any place in the Constitution where it says I have to pay for my neighbor by force? If somebody can show it to me I'm all ears.
I think you signed up when they circumcised you at the hospital.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member

No shame. Unless you swipe the card while owning an Escalade.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It absolutely is bro! No one says it's awesome.
As long as you weren't chilling at home while the tax payers supported you, it's no biggie. You deserve it.

Exactly bro!!
I give about 20-30 dollars a month to charity.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Wifes mom came down with a RARE form of cancer and could not work. Wife and BIL were both children and her mom went to apply for food stamps and was denied. The reason for denial was the family made ONE dollar too many.
My wife grew up dirt poor and got no aid for school. They offered plenty to minorities and especially hispanics to attend. She has a ton of student loans and is working as an RN for MD Anderson after graduating from the top nursing program in the state of TX.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Perhaps it is just me but I would think prideful individuals would not wave around an EBT card like a red badge of courage. All of us have seen far too many people that are not fazed at all when swiping that card. Maybe if more people expressed embarrassment we'd have some understanding.

Established Member
I remember when dad was out of work, probably before most of you were born, and we had to get food stamps for a while. Went to the next town over to use them on early Sunday mornings because you literally paid with what was paper food stamps, so it was obvious what you were doing. We were all so embarrassed, but it got us thru until dad got better. Yes I have been on the other side. We couldn't wait to get off. That's the difference between then and now in a lot of circumstances. And we weren't, and couldn't, buy anything but real necessities.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
There are times in life when people need a hand, breadwinner unexpectedly couldn't work, plant closure, finally left abusive spouse, etc. etc.
When needing help starts at birth and ends at death, and you believe you deserve it, your values need a shake-up.

Users who are viewing this thread