Eaton Tvs

MustangThief

Established Member
Sub'ing as well.

I followed this thread back in April hoping for it to come out, followed it for awhile, and forgot about it, and now it's back!

Has anyone contacted magnuson or roush to see if any progress has been made? This thing needs to go ahead and come out! Ridiculous...

NORCALSTI

Established Member
magnacharger is working on this now:) a member on my site tbssowners.com works with them and magnacharger is working on a kit for the LS2 guys that work with the stock heads and the new L92 chevy heads that flow like crazy.

pvteye

Established Member
they are available for the GT500 thru Roush $5600, and pictures of the Roush P51 3 valve indicate it has one, seen nothing for the Terminator as of yet though.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Based upon what I have read and the impressive numbers these are putting out on the GT 500s, I'd love to put one of these on my Cobra.

-

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
they are available for the GT500 thru Roush $5600, and pictures of the Roush P51 3 valve indicate it has one, seen nothing for the Terminator as of yet though.

If Eaton comes out with a TVS for the Cobra and it is priced similarly, then that'll blow it as a cheaper alternative to a Whipple / KB.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
If Eaton comes out with a TVS for the Cobra and it is priced similarly, then that'll blow it as a cheaper alternative to a Whipple / KB.

I didn't see where it was touted as a cheap alternative to the KB or Whipple.
What I read was that it is extremely efficient, takes less power to spin and has cooler IAT 2s.
This is supposed to be the next generation of blowers.

If it's good enough for Chevy on the new ZR1 then it's good enough for me.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is what my GT500 made Friday night with the TVS2300, VMP 2.6 upper, IW 10% OD balancer, VMP 115mm maf, and my tune:

tvsallout.jpg

Its a very capable blower, and makes more low end than some twin screws when pullied for the same peak boost level. On this small cube 5.4 motor its about maxed out though, I'm already at the RPM limit and approaching the pressure limit of the blower.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Holy crap!!!
Your TVS made 697/702 at only 20lbs of boost????
I want one!!!

Who tunes your car? LOL!!:poke:

Last edited:

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I didn't see where it was touted as a cheap alternative to the KB or Whipple.
What I read was that it is extremely efficient, takes less power to spin and has cooler IAT 2s.
This is supposed to be the next generation of blowers.

I don't feel like going back through this thread to find the original post, but I remember at least one person suggesting that this blower, if inexpensively priced, could bridge the gap between a ported Eaton and a twin-screw.

Since it is apparently unlikely it will be adapted for the Cobra, and since when offered for the GT500 is priced higher than a twin-screw (someone correct me if I'm wrong), it looks like it won't be the stopgap previously thought.

I'm not debating how good this blower is, just that its place in the grand scheme of supercharged Mustangs will probably be different than originally anticipated.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I was hoping our current Eaton could be "adapted" to have the TVS internals. I haven't seen specs on the blower housing, but it looks as though it is just a different compressor design. I think that is what people were hoping that would allow it to be a cheaper stop gap alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread