Eaton tvs 2650!!!

klb2sweet

Established Member
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but is Roush's supercharger a 2650 on their new RS3 cars?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but is Roush's supercharger a 2650 on their new RS3 cars?

Its a great question.. I don't think we know that yet, but I would put my money on yes.

Roush and VMP collaborated together in the past... you'd be crazy to not think Roush will be utilizing the new rotor pack IMO.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not saying you couldn't put a 170mm wide throttle body on the standard bolt pattern. I'm just judging the distance between the bolt holes. The opening in a TVS is 148mm. Here's my ported TVS that is 160mm wide for the eliptical. Now the plate is ported too, but that's about as wide as you can go on a TVS. You have to ask yourself if your throttle body is really 170mm wide, or are they measuring diagonally.

20160103_121400.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not saying you couldn't put a 170mm wide throttle body on the standard bolt pattern. I'm just judging the distance between the bolt holes. The opening in a TVS is 148mm. Here's my ported TVS that is 160mm wide for the eliptical. Now the plate is ported too, but that's about as wide as you can go on a TVS. You have to ask yourself if your throttle body is really 170mm wide, or are they measuring diagonally.

View attachment 1442717

Good Lord that looks beautiful.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Roush and Shelby 1000 are running the 2650.
My ported 2R has the port matched adapter and the KB168 still is bigger bolt pattern.
No reason they couldn't do an all new pattern but the existing KB pattern is still my guess.
-J

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That's disappointing. I'd have thought they would be further along after all this time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Secondary supplier issues meaning Edelbrock, Roush, magnassun, Harrop etc are big names that have orders filled first then smaller players like VMP. Also hopefully OEM orders (crossing fingers for next GT500) have priority.
I'm glad VMP producing this for us, it will take many to next level power and allow it to be done without leaning on tune as hard.
Hopefully I can see one at PRI!
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
As long as the VMP mono flows over 2000 cfm, it will be a worthwhile max power upgrade. With first hand knowledge of the Whipple mono's quirks while driving, its definitely a track unit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Some smart computer guys can take some measurements off the vid clip and tell us the size :)
I still think that it looks like the KB pattern.
Looks like the 2650 was well represented at SEMA.
That twin bell mouth inlet would be killer, but I can't wait to see what the VMP Unit gives us guys upgrading from the 2.3!
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
won't be long before 800 hp cars are as common as AC on a car. use to be u needed 800 to smoke everything else. now 800 is like the starting point and u need a 1000+ lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
won't be long before 800 hp cars are as common as AC on a car. use to be u needed 800 to smoke everything else. now 800 is like the starting point and u need a 1000+ lol
I agree HP is so easy to buy these days.
Still those who try and use that much power soon realize that is the real difficulty.
-J

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no doubt. jus watch utube to see how many ppl put their fast cars into walls and woods these days

Still those who try and use that much power soon realize that is the real difficulty.
-J

Dinosgt

Established Member
-J

Especially if it’s an it’s an old- school- rear drive-no-nannies manual vs a AWD-super tech-race-mode-torque vectoring-10-speed intergalactic-my-grandma-can-runs-tens version.

(I constantly tell me self this as I play catch up at 130 mph with every turbo six that leaves me 5 cars from a dig. It’s very therapeutic...).

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very correct. Look at the Hellcats, 707HP.
Now with this new 2650 TVS, Mustangs will have 700HP. I love it. (And I thought my car was fast back in 2013 with 565HP. Pfffffftttttttttttt. lol)

Users who are viewing this thread