Eaton tvs 2650!!!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Let's get a poll of how many want to see that swap on my car same dyno same day?
I'll upgrade the fuel system and JLT 155 to DD 149 Pmas, dyno the 2R then swap on the 3.
Who wants to see that?
-J
I'd like to see that J!
Great idea.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Id definitely like to see that! Will be interesting to see how the 2650 also compares, stats wise, to the Whipple 2.9.

RBB

Established Member
Let's get a poll of how many want to see that swap on my car same dyno same day?
I'll upgrade the fuel system and JLT 155 to DD 149 Pmas, dyno the 2R then swap on the 3.
Who wants to see that?
-J
J, you don't even need to ask that question man....we all want to see the back to back comparison of that.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys, I'll try to make it happen!
How much current boost at 964hp and what would target boost be with a Gen3 on your car?

I don't know why it wouldn't make 1100 to be honest.
It has a 2.5 upper/15% lower and makes right at 19psi around 4500rpm dropping to 15psi at 6500-7000rpm. Basically showing the blower is too small and if we can hold 19psi to redline.....
My friends 900+rwhp Coyote makes about 17psi but holds it to redline.
I don't have a boost number for the TVS2650, but I'll talk to VMP/BPS and my tuner and take their advice on pulleys, but I'm inclined to just max it out and see where ID1300s on E85 run out.
I've said it before and I'm serious I'll do the 2650/fuel system and that's it for this car---it's already too much on the street and I won't put a cage in it, so it'll be what it is.
All a great big fun science project, and I'll keep you posted so let's turn up the boost and see what shakes loose :)
-J

Jon82387

Established Member
I've been looking forward to getting one of these and putting on my lightning for a while now....

Unfortunately I spent the money I had saved for it.....

Just have to make some more I guess

I'm sure by the time it actually does come out..... what maybe next summer if we're lucky maybe have a stash saved again.

Looking forward to all info and builds that come from this!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member

It has a 2.5 upper/15% lower and makes right at 19psi around 4500rpm dropping to 15psi at 6500-7000rpm. Basically showing the blower is too small and if we can hold 19psi to redline.....
I'd like to see it too. Watching the video on the LS 427, the boost went up 4 psi with the same sized pulley. Accounting for the affect of a 20% increase in cubes, you might see another pound with your smaller displacement. Not knowing the lower pulley diameter, I'm not sure what sort of blower speeds they were achieving in the video. The lower pulley looked to be at least as large as a 15%

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It was a cool vid and it would be interesting to see the output of a built 5.8 compared to the built 7.0 LSX.
I'd like to know the blower speed/pulley ratio as well as see the boost curve.
I'm not constrained by rules for a class so I'd like to maximize the 2650 on my current 5.8, let's pulley it for all she's got!
-J

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

My friends 900+rwhp Coyote makes about 17psi but holds it to redline.
I don't have a boost number for the TVS2650, but I'll talk to VMP/BPS and my tuner and take their advice on pulleys, but I'm inclined to just max it out and see where ID1300s on E85 run out.
I've said it before and I'm serious I'll do the 2650/fuel system and that's it for this car---it's already too much on the street and I won't put a cage in it, so it'll be what it is.
All a great big fun science project, and I'll keep you posted so let's turn up the boost and see what shakes loose :)
-J
Where do you shift your current combo at? I hope you are one of the first to get one to see what it picks up. Some of the other combos that are going to be the first don't make shit for power.

sleek98

Established Member
The sema pics say early 2018. Wonder if they are even going to release additional info before then. I would think they would have released the info on day 1.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The sema pics say early 2018. Wonder if they are even going to release additional info before then. I would think they would have released the info on day 1.

Yep. Bet it doesn't happen util q2 which is a shame. Want, want, want!

sleek98

Established Member
New VMP 173mm Mono

Attachments

• 23116896_1677809958955829_80337787304094701_o.jpg
    23116896_1677809958955829_80337787304094701_o.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 170

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That's within a few mm of the Whipple eliptical. Based on the bolt spacing in the pic, I'm thinking this is the standard GT500 throttle body bolt pattern. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That's within a few mm of the Whipple eliptical. Based on the bolt spacing in the pic, I'm thinking this is the standard GT500 throttle body bolt pattern. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Looks just like the KB168 or very similar and I believe they already said larger bolt pattern. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't have the larger bolt pattern as that's a big power gain. They can always have an adapter for smaller bolt pattern. If I'm spending the coin, I'd spend they extra for a bigger TB to get all the horsepowers.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Where do you shift your current combo at? I hope you are one of the first to get one to see what it picks up. Some of the other combos that are going to be the first don't make shit for power.
Right now at 7000rpm and I'll datalog it again if I get another chance this weekend. If not, bummer and it'll never hit 9s on the 2.3 but I've always planned on fuel system and maxed out TVS2650 as the end game.
I appreciate that comment on getting one early; we will see what VMP says, last time I had to go through BPS and I can't say enough about Sylvania and the BPS crew.
Always above and beyond customer service, not to mention the killer GT500 products.
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
When I have the option for BPS parts, I dont even hesitate. QUALITY parts.

I get the feeling the Gen 3 will be starting at 4k.. looks like the Trinity TVS is my final upgrade path. But Ill be damn happy to see all the killer setups featuring this bad ass new rotor pack.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks just like the KB168 or very similar and I believe they already said larger bolt pattern. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't have the larger bolt pattern as that's a big power gain.
I've been taking some measurements of mine. It's hogged out for the Whipple eliptical. The photo of the Gen 3 doesn't seem to be the standard bolt pattern, but by the same token, the KB bolt pattern seems to wider top to bottom. Could be the angle of the photo too. If their throttle body is 173mm, that's 6.8". The spacing on the bolt holes on my Gen II is 5.5", so it's either the larger KB bolt pattern or something totally different.

Users who are viewing this thread