Eaton Supercharger Porting Comparison: Boost or Pulley

Eaton Supercharger Porting Comparison: Boost or Pulley?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I feel like boost is irrelevant if the blower speed is the same..

A more efficient blower spinning at the same speed as a less efficient one should make more power regardless of boost readings.

What if the car has ported heads, cams? Boost = resistance, flow = power

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Rotor speed should be the exact same on both (someone pointed that out to me)

or

at least boost for boost worse case scenario

Agreed, rotor speed would be best case and at the very worst boost for boost. Same pulleys with totally different rotor speed and boost levels is worthless.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just so you guys know, boost is not the best factor to judge performance by. You want to match rotor speed. Boost itself is a factor in the output performance of the blowers, taking it out of the equation gives unfair assistance to the weaker port.

This what we have been saying. We are testing today on the Dyno Jet and the SXF 1000 blower Dyno.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Thank you

Rotor speed. Not the speed before the snout with the extra gearing in it. The rotors themselves.

ttk53

Established Member
both posi and stiegemeier should be able to change gears.
posi can change his blower speed if he wants to, so same pulley can be used:shrug:

If both can port blower's both should be able to handle the gear change.

I think this would also be fair. just my .02 cents

stieg has the gearing patented! and a diffent pulley is gearing!!! Just gearing you can see and know what is going on.

Last edited:

holleymike

holleymike
Established Member
as long as the pulleys are equal (upper and lower) and the test car is the same,seems more than fair. After that its all about who can manipulate the blower to make the most power PERIOD.If one of the blowers doesn't make as much boost with the same pulley as the others, THEN BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD FOR THEM. We need more innovators in this world. We DON'T need more copy cats i.e. chinese, pxxx,ect. Anybody can make an exact copy of someone else's product,well almost anybody

ttk53

Established Member
as long as the pulleys are equal (upper and lower) and the test car is the same,seems more than fair. After that its all about who can manipulate the blower to make the most power PERIOD.If one of the blowers doesn't make as much boost with the same pulley as the others, THEN BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD FOR THEM. We need more innovators in this world. We DON'T need more copy cats i.e. chinese, pxxx,ect. Anybody can make an exact copy of someone else's product,well almost anybody

YES if the blower can make more boost with the same rotor RPM I agree.

But if you are increasing rotor RPM some way other than Pulleys its not fair to compair pulley size.

So it should be based of Rotor rpm which basicly is the boost (One can make more boost with said rpm but not a large 4-5 psi more)

halflife

Established Member
This what we have been saying. We are testing today on the Dyno Jet and the SXF 1000 blower Dyno.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Thank you

are you going to post up the results?

Also just curious have you strapped on a stock whipple and KB onto your blower dyno. I would be interested to see those numbers too if you have done it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thing is if the Snake Bite tm ends up being the new and greatest then quite frankly I'm fine with it. Only if it's better at the same rotor rpm's. If I have someone asking they want x amount of power and want a completely stock look while not running a huge lower then I'll refer them to Stiegemeier. I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again. Depends on the application though.

Satyr

Established Member
I have asked on Bob's forum and in his FS section here what the RPM of the snakebite rotors are compared to stock (at the same boost levels) and I can't seem to get an answer...hopefully these results will answer my questions?

Users who are viewing this thread