E98?

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
anybody know where i can find e98? i know and have talked to the guy on e98 racing website, but im trying to find it a little cheaper. the shipping is the killer. ive tried multiple companies of ethanol producers but have had no luck because they can fill a 55 gallon drum in secounds. any info would be appreciated.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
its 275 a for 55 gallons...thats 5 a gallon. but shipping kills it, but it coming from across the states and it wasnt bad. race gas at 6-7$ a gallon? what kind? this is also the top e98 in the country. most people are tryining to charge 300 for shipping and only filling 52 or 53 gallons. also have to take in consideration how its made and what its broke down with. 98% ethanol and 2% ?? some people take that 2% and use the scrap fuel and left over stuff from other tanks to mix in so that they can sell it. thats not the case here.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
oh, and the above people that you posted claim to not sell e98. maybe the wrong link?

Sorry man, I just googled e98 distribution, one of their rep's in a evo forum said they sell it by the barrel and to contact them at that website.

Cam2 110 is $6.70 here in Toledo last I had checked.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member

Its cool, ive searched everywhere and have only found three or four places that will sell 55them gallons. Thays cheap race gas. Renegade is that price here. But its a very very "cheap" fuel. I wouldbt trust it in a dirtbike let alone a car.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
You can make E 98 into E 90, 85, 75 etc. But without Pure ethanol you cannot turn E85 into E 98.

I Buy my E 98, tested to E100, from Santmyer Oil in Wooster Ohio. Last march it was 160 bucks for a 55 gallon drum. I picked it up at thier office. Blended it down to E 85 and lasted until summer blend was available locally.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
My source when they have it in stock is cheaper then E 85 at the local pumps. And that includes the drum. They advertise it as E 98 but its really E 99.9.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
danno- what are we looking at? i am assuming you are talking about a 55 gal drum. what is the cost? where about's are you in ohio? im not far from toledo maybe a hour or so

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Ya they sell the E99 in 55 gallon drums. I haven't checked on the price or availability this year. But as of last spring they were going for $160 all together if you picked it up at their location in Wooster Ohio. Wooster is about a 2 hour drive southeast from Toledo.

Users who are viewing this thread