E85...

KushBandit

Established Member
how much does it cost to convert to e85?

On an NA setup, it's about $200 for the LU47 injectors, plus whatever your tuner may charge for an updated tune. For FI applications, the price will depend on which Injectors and Pump youre currently running.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Drastically lower fuel economy, which is somewhat offset by the lower cost of ethanol compared to premium.

You shouldn't store the car for long periods with ethanol in the tank. Ethanol is hygroscopic so it will draw moisture in from the air.

Harder to find than conventional gasoline.

Other than that? Nothing to worry about.

nate-roth

Established Member
Hey buddy I see your in Gainesville! Where you get it locally? Know of anywhere in Williston? Do you perhaps drive a white 11 or 12 5.0?

Im out in texas for work right now, E85 all over the San Antonio area. I have no idea in Williston, but in Gainesville, the Almond Oil station on Newberry Road right by Royal Park has E85, it always tests at least 85%.

Bryanh24

Established Member
I think I'm going to go for it. E85 seems like a nice thing to have in the car whether you are na or fi. If I do end up doing it which should be soon, I'll be sure to let everyone know my opinion on it.!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Drastically lower fuel economy, which is somewhat offset by the lower cost of ethanol compared to premium.

You shouldn't store the car for long periods with ethanol in the tank. Ethanol is hygroscopic so it will draw moisture in from the air.

Harder to find than conventional gasoline.

Other than that? Nothing to worry about.

That is a way overblown issue on a late model car with a sealed modern fuel system, the fuel just won't be exposed to enough air for that to be a major concern. I would however err on the side of caution and make sure the tank is FULL if the car is going to be parked for a long time, if the tank is full there is no room for moisture absorption.

While fuel economy is worse I wouldn't say drastically so, at least in my case. I see around 3 MPG worse on avg for city/mixed. As far as finding it, its easy in Cypress, you can throw a rock and hit a station selling E85, but it does seem scarce for the rest of the Houston area/Katy etc.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Im out in texas for work right now, E85 all over the San Antonio area. I have no idea in Williston, but in Gainesville, the Almond Oil station on Newberry Road right by Royal Park has E85, it always tests at least 85%.

Gotcha buddy. I know exactly where that is at. I work in Gainesville, but neither mustangs are my dd. I go more to Ocala when I drive the mustangs. I am just going to stick with 93 for the convenience. Thank for the info buddy.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Well I purchased the injectors today! Talking to Shaun@AED for the flex fuel tune. Hopefully all goes well with everything! Can't wait to fill it up with E85

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Here is a picture of mine. Just cut the original bungs down and welded these 45 deg bungs on.

20150715_170621.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1193a/overview/

momogt

Established Member
we just got E85 where I live I am going to give it a shot also last model restoration's has ford 47lb injectors for $225.00 plus my car is being dyno tune as we speak every little bit counts when staying N/A

Bryanh24

Established Member
we just got E85 where I live I am going to give it a shot also last model restoration's has ford 47lb injectors for $225.00 plus my car is being dyno tune as we speak every little bit counts when staying N/A
Great! And just ordered the 47ib injectors as well from LMR. And true about the every bit counts!! People say e85 only adds 12-15.. But hell it adds up! Injectors should be here monday. I'll be sure to post an update about the car when it's all tuned up and filled with E85.

momogt

Established Member
that 12-15hp I would guess is a peak hp/tq number I am more concern about power and torque through the curve.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
With e85 and more timing you should see that power across the entire curve.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread