E85...

Bryanh24

Established Member
Yes, I'm sorry another E85 thread.. But I have read almost every post for E85 but just couldn't relate them to my situation. Hopefully you guys will understand lol. Alright, so my car is a 14 gt with CAI, 93 tune, Longtubes and catted x and it is daily driven. I would get larger injectors and an e85 tune from either lund or AED. But will all this be worth it? Will I be happy with the gains that E85 will give to my car? And E85 is not a problem here, place with one is 10 mins away. I also MAY be going FI later on in the year, I'm still justifying spending the money. But for now being na with the longtubes, will I be happy? Should I go ahead and go E85? What do you guys think? Thanks!

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
No personal experience, but I remember watching before and after dyno with e85 on NA coyote motor, I don't recall how much power was gained but I do remember thinking it was disappointing. I think there are more gains to be had from e85 with forced induction.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Only reason to do E85 n/a is the greatly improved detonation resistance. HP gains are minimal.

GBCoyote

Established Member
You'll get like 12hp NA. If you go FI later on you'll want to get a fuel system to run E85 anyways.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I was N/A on E85 and I will say the car felt much snappier. I agree with the ~12whp gains.

I switched at the same time I added boss manifold and gained .4 at 4mph, but who knows if it was the manifold or the fuel..

Bryanh24

Established Member
I was N/A on E85 and I will say the car felt much snappier. I agree with the ~12whp gains.

I switched at the same time I added boss manifold and gained .4 at 4mph, but who knows if it was the manifold or the fuel..
Are you still on it? Or did you switch back to 93? If so why'd you switch back?

ford20

Established Member
I got about 20RWHP with E85 IIRC on my N/A build. I think it is a nice peace of mind thing to have, plus you can gain some decent power out of it. I would say it is a win/win unless you are overly concerned with the extra cost of fuel over time.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
waste of money. 10 hp to lose 30% fuel with a street car? its reserved for boosted application.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I run e85 year round, besides the extra fill ups, its great. The car feels much better DDing around town and also e85 smells better.

Bryanh24

Established Member
waste of money. 10 hp to lose 30% fuel with a street car? its reserved for boosted application.

Have you ever used it? If you haven't you never know how well it would work na. Couple others who actually have it seem to like it!

Bryanh24

Established Member
I got about 20RWHP with E85 IIRC on my N/A build. I think it is a nice peace of mind thing to have, plus you can gain some decent power out of it. I would say it is a win/win unless you are overly concerned with the extra cost of fuel over time.
Great! What did you change out in order to run e85? Just injectors and tune?

Mach828

Established Member
Over here e85 is at $1.80 a gallon. The lower fuel mileage is offset by the cost compared to premium. I've e85 tuned almost every car I've owned. Love it.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I switched back when I added a blower since I only have ID1000 and a BAP. E85 will come back once I have a fuel system.

Like others have mentioned, the smell is quite pleasant compared to catless 93 dinosaur stink.

Bryanh24

Established Member
I switched back when I added a blower since I only have ID1000 and a BAP. E85 will come back once I have a fuel system.

Like others have mentioned, the smell is quite pleasant compared to catless 93 dinosaur stink.

Ah, ok. I'm just also worried about my 02's. I got stainless power longtubes so I dont know how it will affect the 02 sensors..

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
It greatly depends on your gasoline quality. I highly reccomend an AED flex tune. I have headers boss mani etc and trap 119 on gas, and 121-122 on e85. Does help. Really comes in handy when you hot lap the car. I rant 8 times in a row last time out and went 5 11.50s couple 11.70s with a passenger and finally an 11.45. However I have kooks headers and havent had to worry about 02s.

Users who are viewing this thread