E85...

ford20

Established Member
I just swapped injectors on mine (ID1000's) and picked up the plug & play VMP Boost a pump just in case. A tune would be required as well to get the most out of the car.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I have a flex fuel tune, and switch from E85 and 92 octane from time to time. E85 allows more spark advance, which will wake the car up across the entire RPM band. I notice a difference in power, but I feel that drivability and start up is better on pump gas where I live. I use E85 when I want to beat on the car a little bit, and having the detonation protection is a great piece of mind. It is one of the cheaper mods to do, since all you need is injectors and a tune revision.

Sure, there are more gains to be had with E85 and boost; however, you're going to want to squeeze every bit of power out of your setup if you stay NA too.

mhyjek

Established Member
E85 flex tune you should take it in a heart beat then find out at what % gives you the best of both worlds on NA I think around 40% concentration of ethanol is good but that was on a non variable cam motor. I Think it depends on the tuner and gains at what percentage of ethanol concentration but I don't know if there is enough R&D with the coyote motor. My example was on c6 z06 on the dyno with multiple concentrations of ethanol and dyno pulls plus real world datalogs ie driving.

Bryanh24

Established Member
I have a flex fuel tune, and switch from E85 and 92 octane from time to time. E85 allows more spark advance, which will wake the car up across the entire RPM band. I notice a difference in power, but I feel that drivability and start up is better on pump gas where I live. I use E85 when I want to beat on the car a little bit, and having the detonation protection is a great piece of mind. It is one of the cheaper mods to do, since all you need is injectors and a tune revision.

Sure, there are more gains to be had with E85 and boost; however, you're going to want to squeeze every bit of power out of your setup if you stay NA too.

I contacted AED about the flex fuel tune. How do you like yours? And which injectors did you get?

Bryanh24

Established Member

I contacted AED about the flex fuel tune. How do you like yours? And which injectors did you get?

bunits19714

Established Member
lose the cats and run the e-85 = about 20rwhp combining the 2 mods and no stink from not having the cats on= win win.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member

I absolutely love it. I love that my wife can throw 92 in the tank if she ever runs herself out of E85 on the road. It is kind of cool to watch the stoich value change between tanks (14.1 down to the 9s). Shaun will mandate the use of 47# injectors, I recommend the Ford Racing LU47s (about $250). Get the AED tune, tell Shaun I sent ya lol.

Bryanh24

Established Member
That should be with the boosted applications. The "flexfuel" tune runs less timing for safety concerns, and the "race" tune is for E85 only. NA flexfuel should be constant timing.

Alright, already contacted Shaun! And will my car run fine everyday with the E85? That's the only thing I am worried about because it is my daily driver and don't want anything crapping out on me bc of the E85.

jn2

Established Member
Alright, already contacted Shaun! And will my car run fine everyday with the E85? That's the only thing I am worried about because it is my daily driver and don't want anything crapping out on me bc of the E85.

Cold starts on e85 sucks, you can make them better by adjusting your start up lambda and spark, but sometimes it can be annoying. I keep my mix to e47 and have zero issues. If you have long tubes you may burn out the 02 heaters faster than if you had stock headers.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Cold starts on e85 sucks, you can make them better by adjusting your start up lambda and spark, but sometimes it can be annoying. I keep my mix to e47 and have zero issues. If you have long tubes you may burn out the 02 heaters faster than if you had stock headers.

That's what I was afraid of as well. I have the stainless power LT's and catted X. So I have no idea how the o2's will react the the ethanol.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member

I have had driveability issues in general with e85 but it wasnt always like that. I think we have a shitty tank of e85. Switching to pump gas fixed everything.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
If anyone needs a set of LU47s I have a set that I swapped out in July for my ID1000s Id be willing to sell and ship. PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread