E85 Tune and 93 Tune?

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
How would this work when swapping from one tune to the other, besides changing the belt and pulley? Does the tank has to be drained out to load each tune? My car is my DD for now and i would like to do 2 tunes, 1 for DD and 1 for the track, im just wondering how it would work

blkside

Established Member
I run an E85/91 Map in my Evo X. I know its a different car but its all the same. I run the tank down until the lights on and then 15mins or about 20 more miles to get a lil more out then swap gas and maps. And as far as changing the belt and pulley thats on you but here is a reference.

On 91 @ 25psi (GT3076) I make 400/370
On E85 @ 26psi I make 500/460

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I have heard both. some say you have to drain it others say just run really low. I will be doing the same thing as you. I might look into some kind of drain valve for the tank or just say F it and just run it low. I will be storing a 55 gal drum of E85 at my house though so that might help a little bit too.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
I have heard both. some say you have to drain it others say just run really low. I will be doing the same thing as you. I might look into some kind of drain valve for the tank or just say F it and just run it low. I will be storing a 55 gal drum of E85 at my house though so that might help a little bit too.

thats what im thinkin of doing also, run it on e85 all the time, and fill up a few 5gal tanks and keep it at my house, the nearest e85 pump is like 15 miles away from me, so its not that bad

BruceH

Established Member
I go back and forth between 92 and e85. Just run it down and change the tune. Watch your stft and you will know when to change the tune after changing fuel.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Short term fuel trim. You'll be fine with some of either gas in the tank, just run it low. Do you have a wideband?

04cobrawhine

Established Member
ive been talking to so many tuners about doing this and they all say they wont do it. i wish they would. i dont care if my 93 tune makes no power, just want the car to be drivable if i run out in a bad place. i as well will be keepin a 55gal drum in my garage.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
No sir, no wideband

Might be a good idea.

ive been talking to so many tuners about doing this and they all say they wont do it. i wish they would. i dont care if my 93 tune makes no power, just want the car to be drivable if i run out in a bad place. i as well will be keepin a 55gal drum in my garage.

What is the reason they are giving you?

04cobrawhine

Established Member
What is the reason they are giving you?

they say the tiniest bit of e85 will mess up a 93 tune. i told them i just want it so i can drive the car. i dont care if it makes good power. he hasnt got back to me about it but they dont want to do it because if a tune blows up the motor because the customer didnt switch tunes or run the tank empty enough ect, they dont want there rep ruined if that guy goes blabin his mouth. since i told him i dont care if it makes power or nnot he might do it,

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If your tuner advises against it, then why push it? If my tuner says no, I listen to him. He knows a hell of a lot more than I ever will.

I run E85 with 105lb injectors and 700+ rwhp. I'm getting about 12.5mpg with mixed street/highway/1/4 mile driving. I'm enjoying the car a heck of a lot more now that I don't have to pay $13 a gallon for gas. :rockon:

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
If your tuner advises against it, then why push it? If my tuner says no, I listen to him. He knows a hell of a lot more than I ever will.

I run E85 with 105lb injectors and 700+ rwhp. I'm getting about 12.5mpg with mixed street/highway/1/4 mile driving. I'm enjoying the car a heck of a lot more now that I don't have to pay $13 a gallon for gas. :rockon:

12.5 mpg isnt bad with 700 rwhp

BruceH

Established Member
they say the tiniest bit of e85 will mess up a 93 tune. i told them i just want it so i can drive the car. i dont care if it makes good power. he hasnt got back to me about it but they dont want to do it because if a tune blows up the motor because the customer didnt switch tunes or run the tank empty enough ect, they dont want there rep ruined if that guy goes blabin his mouth. since i told him i dont care if it makes power or nnot he might do it,

Hasn't been my experience. Fuel trims can compensate for variations in fuels, that's why they are part of the calibration.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Hasn't been my experience. Fuel trims can compensate for variations in fuels, that's why they are part of the calibration.

thats exactly what i thought. i have an electronic boost controler (turbo car) so i can turn the boost way down to not hurt anything and just have my tuner put in a super rich tune (10:1?). like i said before, i dont care if it makes power, just want to be able to drive it to the nearest e85 station if i happen to run out.

SSeatr

Established Member
well 98% of gas stations all pumps are E10 as it is and i read they will be going up to E15. ive also read there isnt a issue up to about E30. but if your running it till fuel light then 15-20min longer there will be minimal E85 in the tank if you then fill with 93 which is E10 with 1 gallon of E85 in the tank you will yeild a E8-11 rating i think my math was correct but i dont see the "big deal" use the ethanol calculator in the sticky in this forum to figure it all out

Users who are viewing this thread