E85 Tune and 93 Tune?

BruceH

Established Member
thats exactly what i thought. i have an electronic boost controler (turbo car) so i can turn the boost way down to not hurt anything and just have my tuner put in a super rich tune (10:1?). like i said before, i dont care if it makes power, just want to be able to drive it to the nearest e85 station if i happen to run out.

I wouldn't do the super rich thing. Just stay out of open loop (wot) until your fuel trims are consistantly within 5% or whatever you feel safe with. Once the trims are that close your fuel is real close to the stoich in your tune. The Aeroforce Interceptor gauges work real well for monitoring fuel trims.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
I wouldn't do the super rich thing. Just stay out of open loop (wot) until your fuel trims are consistantly within 5% or whatever you feel safe with. Once the trims are that close your fuel is real close to the stoich in your tune. The Aeroforce Interceptor gauges work real well for monitoring fuel trims.

ill have to pick me up one of those interceptor gauges. i need to talk to my tuner to see what he will do.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
expect to lose 25-30% MPGs vs a 93 tune.

my Shelby gets about 16 straight highway, about 11-12 mixed driving, so 150-160 miles is all I can typically expect.

04cobrawhine

Established Member

my Shelby gets about 16 straight highway, about 11-12 mixed driving, so 150-160 miles is all I can typically expect.

im ready for it. i get around 9 at the moment so its not like getting 7 will make a big difference to me lol

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member

ill be more that happy if i see 150-160 per tank, we shall find out next week:rockon:

99 GT vert

Established Member
I talked to my tuner lidio at alternative auto and he said he will do a dual tune with e85 and 93. He told me to just run it really low and make sure to fill the tank all the way up.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
well 98% of gas stations all pumps are E10 as it is and i read they will be going up to E15. ive also read there isnt a issue up to about E30. but if your running it till fuel light then 15-20min longer there will be minimal E85 in the tank if you then fill with 93 which is E10 with 1 gallon of E85 in the tank you will yeild a E8-11 rating i think my math was correct but i dont see the "big deal" use the ethanol calculator in the sticky in this forum to figure it all out
Thank you for using the Sticky's! :beer:

Correct.

There is no need to drain the tank with a drain plug or anything crazy like that.

Ethanol mixes perfectly with Gasoline and E85 gives about the same performance as E70. So even if you have a little Gasoline when you fill up with E85 you will be fine.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Ethanol mixes perfectly with Gasoline and E85 gives about the same performance as E70. So even if you have a little Gasoline when you fill up with E85 you will be fine.

/\ agreed, if you have less ethanol in the mix, you'll lose a few HP and the car will run a bit rich, but there is no harm caused.
:beer:

Shit I filled up this weekend and I tested the fuel to E70, damn winter blend, car still ran like a raped ape. :burnout:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread