~E85 Test~

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That's what I'm starting to understand but with my Ported Eaton, I should be okay w/60s

I bet it would be close depending on your setup. Im still learning as well but an eaton was done over on Modfords and it had 80s. made 546rwhp I believe. if your looking to make that kind of power I would probe toss the 80s on. its not going to cost that much as the 60s will sell quick

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I bet it would be close depending on your setup. Im still learning as well but an eaton was done over on Modfords and it had 80s. made 546rwhp I believe. if your looking to make that kind of power I would probe toss the 80s on. its not going to cost that much as the 60s will sell quick
I would try a tune and bumping up the fuel pressure first. He has nothing to loose trying. The datalog will tell weather or not he will need 80's. I think the 60's will be enough personally with the fuel pressure bump.

Then if he runs out, yes it's an easy sell and replace to the 80's.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
How are you guys finding locations for E85 gas stations? I'm in Kansas City MO and never see them although I've heard from some buddies there's one in KS across the border not to far away but until they are all over I can't switch as I drive my Cobra all over the place and need them every where I go :)

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
How are you guys finding locations for E85 gas stations? I'm in Kansas City MO and never see them although I've heard from some buddies there's one in KS across the border not to far away but until they are all over I can't switch as I drive my Cobra all over the place and need them every where I go :)

E85 Stations

E85 Prices

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Thanks for the links guys. There are stations close enough to make it an option if I had a race car but for a daily driven summer fun car still a ways out there. Hopefully more stations keep popping up.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks for the links guys. There are stations close enough to make it an option if I had a race car but for a daily driven summer fun car still a ways out there. Hopefully more stations keep popping up.
If your worried about locations then just get 2 tunes. One for 93 and one for E85. :thumbsup:

That way you can run both and not worry about finding a station if you are not near one.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I thought about that but wouldn't you have to run the gas tank almost all the way empty before switching? you couldn't do any half tank fill ups etc. A flip chip would be nice so you don't have to reflash each time you swap fuels but I suppose that's not really to big of a deal.
We only have 91 in KC so the jump to E85 might be even nicer. I will keep E85 on the radar for sure. If a station starts selling it near me I'm in for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread