E85 setup on cobra

50hoes

Established Member
Hey guys just had a few questions on a e85 setup. I just got my car back from a whole rebuild and am looking to run e85 i heard i can buy 2 gt pumps and 80lb injectors and a bap and can run e85 what else would i need?

GodStang

Established Member
Depends on what setup you run. Is this on and Eaton, Whipple, KB? There are a million ways to do it just depending how much fuel for what setup you need.

50hoes

Established Member
Depends on what setup you run. Is this on and Eaton, Whipple, KB? There are a million ways to do it just depending how much fuel for what setup you need.

As of rn im on a ported eaton but i plan on switching to a 2.3 vmp later down the road

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Looks good so far.. you'll also need either a modified FPDM or dual setup, and wiring upgrade to battery

50hoes

Established Member
Looks good so far.. you'll also need either a modified FPDM or dual setup, and wiring upgrade to battery

Would this work good? Or what else would i need?
321698c7852a8e0c835b842ed9bc67fd.jpg

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Yeah. Hit up black302 for a modified fpdm or dual setup. He made me a wire harness w relay for my dual setup so i could drill and modify the stock hat with a pair of 12ga wires (for each pump)

50hoes

Established Member
Yeah. Hit up black302 for a modified fpdm or dual setup. He made me a wire harness w relay for my dual setup so i could drill and modify the stock hat with a pair of 12ga wires (for each pump)

Ok ill shoot him a message and i plan on doing a dual setup

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Lol..kinda the reason most go return. Plus less tuning issues supposedly but my setup works

03' White Snake

Established Member
My tuner stared me away from the GT pumps and a BAP. He is a very well known tuner and informed me the drivability sucks real bad with the BAP and GT pumps. So save your money and build a quality return system and do it once.

GodStang

Established Member
My tuner stared me away from the GT pumps and a BAP. He is a very well known tuner and informed me the drivability sucks real bad with the BAP and GT pumps. So save your money and build a quality return system and do it once.

Ya was not a huge fan of my GT pumps and BAP. Had small Gremlins here and there and just never ran right until I went Return style.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you go return style Id look at Fore and their system that runs just the one pump until you get into boost. It sounds like the Fore setup has some nice features over the Division X stuff from Lethal. When I upgrade again, thats what I'll do.

do it once and build it for as much power as you think youll make later, much cheaper that way.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I went the BAP on stock pumps on 93 and have some low driving issues. Might just be in the tune and 04 Sleeper is going to tune it for me now. I would listen to these guys. If it's at any way possible, I'd do a return style system from Fore. Stuff gets expensive but per Sleeper he said he'd highly recommend getting away from the 80lb injectors too once we go E85 too so just going to have to work as much OT as I can and get the good stuff. You don't want your car stumbling and having fuel issues or run out of fuel entirely/be limited on power. That VMP is going to eat on E85 btw. Good luck with the rest of your build

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do it right the first time. I have a tvs and never thought I'd go e85. Well I did, had to swap injectors, and drop tank again for bigger e85 pumps. Also upgraded feed line and a dead head setup.

This is a fore return fuel system.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
OP i'm now having MORE fuel issues. I don't know what it is, hope it's not the engine but I think it's probably the FRPS or a fuel delivery module. Either way I could have probably done a full return style system by now from the money I've spent. If my engine is ok and I'm just thinking the worst b/c I was running it hard before this happened but if it's ok I'm thinking of just putting up the money and going full return. I'm sick and tired of having fuel issues with the returnless set up

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The returnless setup can work, but by the time you spend all the money on what's needed, you can just buy a return setup and be done. I sell a lot of Fore L1E kits with (2) 465 pumps. Works great and will provide plenty of fuel with the proper injector.

50hoes

Established Member
The returnless setup can work, but by the time you spend all the money on what's needed, you can just buy a return setup and be done. I sell a lot of Fore L1E kits with (2) 465 pumps. Works great and will provide plenty of fuel with the proper injector.

What do you recommend i get then? Im on a budget so i cant go all out and down the road like i said ill be going with vmp 2.3 and maybe some nitrous so it has to support e85 and the power levels

MG0h3

Established Member
Have KEVIN get the kit he is mentioning with the 465s and delete the "controller" to save like $300. You can run two 40amp relays at $7 each in its place.

If you go deadhead get an extra 5-6' of hose than the kit comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread