E85 set up questions..

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Just bypass the Hobbs Switch, "pressure transducer", by splicing the two wire together so it runs all the time.

I made over 700 RWHP with the stock rails on E85. I did upgrade my feed line to -8 though.

As long as the pump can keep up with your power level, the line shouldn't matter a whole lot.

Sleeper, how was your fuel system set up when you were running the 700hp?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sleeper, how was your fuel system set up when you were running the 700hp?
Fore Hat, Twin GT Pumps, 40 Amp BAP, Dual FPDM's, wiring upgraded throughout, -8 Eaton FC-350 line to the stock rails, 80# injectors.

The car is still running the same set up today. Same pumps and everything. Still mid 80's on the Fuel Pump Duty Cycle and mid 80's on the Injector Duty Cycle as well. (New owner sent me a datalog to review as well)

10 micron paper element the whole time. Last filter was changed last week after 93 and E85 for 23 months. All looked perfect.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I am running a similar setup.. except stock hat and single FPDM...

I have a Fore Innovations rails, F2 reg and hat with twin 405 sitting here ready to go return.. on the last dyno run the fuel pressure was stable but the fuel pump duty cycle was all over the place.. looks like a seismograph.. reason for wanting to go return..

Alex01

Established Member
Just bypass the Hobbs Switch, "pressure transducer", by splicing the two wire together so it runs all the time.

I made over 700 RWHP with the stock rails on E85. I did upgrade my feed line to -8 though.

As long as the pump can keep up with your power level, the line shouldn't matter a whole lot.

Awesome man, great info. Thank you!

edit:
Also wondering if you have any idea if the pumps will be able to keep up for e85? twin Walboro GSS342 pumps, i think they are 255 lph, on a bap obviously

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I am running a similar setup.. except stock hat and single FPDM...

I have a Fore Innovations rails, F2 reg and hat with twin 405 sitting here ready to go return.. on the last dyno run the fuel pressure was stable but the fuel pump duty cycle was all over the place.. looks like a seismograph.. reason for wanting to go return..
I have tuned a car with a modded FPDM and Fore hat. It had the same 2.3 Whipple set up as me but the fuel pump duty cycle was 98%.

Awesome man, great info. Thank you!

edit:
Also wondering if you have any idea if the pumps will be able to keep up for e85? twin Walboro GSS342 pumps, i think they are 255 lph, on a bap obviously
That should be just fine. I tuned a Whippe car set up just like that and it worked great!

#32 HD

E85 Liquid Gold
Established Member
04 sleeper how hp will a 2003 harley davison truck make on E85 with two 255 wolboro pumps, 80lbs injectors, bap, mafia, and a 8lbs crank pulley.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
04 sleeper how hp will a 2003 harley davison truck make on E85 with two 255 wolboro pumps, 80lbs injectors, bap, mafia, and a 8lbs crank pulley.

Kevin, this is my bro-in-law Thaddeus, great to see you finally post! He's going to further increase corn demand in houston :rockon:

Thaddeus..short answer for you bud....that hd's still going to be slower than me! :poke: :D

Alex01

Established Member
I have tuned a car with a modded FPDM and Fore hat. It had the same 2.3 Whipple set up as me but the fuel pump duty cycle was 98%.

That should be just fine. I tuned a Whippe car set up just like that and it worked great!

Good to know, thank you for all your help man.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Since I am not familiar with that combo, it is hard to answer. I would say at least 30-40 more HP than gas.

Kevin, this is my bro-in-law Thaddeus, great to see you finally post! He's going to further increase corn demand in houston :rockon:

Thaddeus..short answer for you bud....that hd's still going to be slower than me! :poke: :D
LOL. OK Jeff. Welcome Thaddeus! :beer:

Good to know, thank you for all your help man.
No problem. :beer:

stangfreak03GT

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, and interesting, I'm glad you pointed that out, i would have ordered rails and been upset when they didn't fit LOL.

Also, guys i just ordered the lethal performance budget return system, and a boost-a-pump so hopefully with stock rails, and the stock feed line i'll be able to support the flow i need for E85? Anyone with some input here let me know. But thanks for all the helpful replies guys

I was wrong on the aftermarket rails. Got a set of FORE 2V rails to fit under the 2.1 inlet with no mods. I'm using BOSCH 105# injectors and it fit fine. This is a return system using a Magna Fuel pump.

KB%20Rails.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread