E85 set up questions..

Alex01

Established Member
Sorry for the repost, someone suggested I move this thread tho:
new here, not sure if i have to post an intro thread or not, but anyway,

I am trying to do an E85 conversion, right now I'm planning to buy the lethal performance fuel line upgrade kit with rails, 80 lb/hr injectors, and a divisionX 340 lph fuel pump, and a kenne bell Boost-a-pump. From what i have found, that pump is the biggest that i can run in the factory hat with the stock fuel pump driver module, but i'm not sure it's enough to handle my power level. I have done a lot of searching and haven't found a decent e85 power calculator. I'm running 15 psi on a 2.1L kenne bell, i'd like to make mid 500 to 600 range, does that set up seem like it's capable? if not do you guys have any suggestions on fuel pumps/hat combinations that would be better? I am trying to avoid going to a return system.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Alex I've got some 405 pumps and it blows the 340 out of the water, if u need info just pm me

Robert

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Go ahead and put a hat in it with dual pumps and a return line and power will shoot up on e85

Alex01

Established Member
Go ahead and put a hat in it with dual pumps and a return line and power will shoot up on e85

I'm trying to avoid a return system, i'd like to stick with either single or dual pumps, returnless. Also are the pumps you are selling direct bolt in to the stock fuel hat? that is my main reason for choosing the divisionX 340.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
In order to make 500-600 you will need twin GT pumps and 80# injectors and a BAP. I would upgrade to dual FPDM's as well.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Save yourself all of the headaches of a returnless system and make the switch to return. Trust me. I've converted 4 of my cars already and wouldn't hesitate to do it on any of my future builds. In the end it's going cost less, tune better and support more power.

For what you're looking to do I'd suggest the budget return system with either upgrading to the DX340's or the 400's

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Save yourself all of the headaches of a returnless system and make the switch to return. Trust me. I've converted 4 of my cars already and wouldn't hesitate to do it on any of my future builds. In the end it's going cost less, tune better and support more power.

For what you're looking to do I'd suggest the budget return system with either upgrading to the DX340's or the 400's

Thanks,
Jared
This would be the best choice!

Alex01

Established Member

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks for the input, but with the budget system i'm still with stock rails and feed line, are these going to be sufficient? Or do i need to upgrade those as well? if so would the full return fuel system be better?

reved up

Faster than you
Established Member
In order to make 500-600 you will need twin GT pumps and 80# injectors and a BAP. I would upgrade to dual FPDM's as well.

He wouldnt need a BAP...... but i would suggest dual fpdm's..... By the point you do the dual fpdms its pretty much worth it to just go return.

So my vote is to go return.

Alex01

Established Member
I would go return style if i could get a clear idea on which kit i would need to meet the power level i'm shooting for. If i could use the budget kit and keep my stock rails and feed lines i will, if i have to upgrade the feed line and rails i may not be able to afford this conversion for a few more months

stangfreak03GT

Established Member
I would go return style if i could get a clear idea on which kit i would need to meet the power level i'm shooting for. If i could use the budget kit and keep my stock rails and feed lines i will, if i have to upgrade the feed line and rails i may not be able to afford this conversion for a few more months

I've got basically the same set up as you. 2.1 KB and 15 PSI. I'm going E85 with return system and using my stock fuel rails. I'm staying with the stock rails due to the 2.1 KB inlet hanging so low and not giving any clearance for any other aftermarket rails.

Alex01

Established Member
I've got basically the same set up as you. 2.1 KB and 15 PSI. I'm going E85 with return system and using my stock fuel rails. I'm staying with the stock rails due to the 2.1 KB inlet hanging so low and not giving any clearance for any other aftermarket rails.

Thanks for the reply, and interesting, I'm glad you pointed that out, i would have ordered rails and been upset when they didn't fit LOL.

Also, guys i just ordered the lethal performance budget return system, and a boost-a-pump so hopefully with stock rails, and the stock feed line i'll be able to support the flow i need for E85? Anyone with some input here let me know. But thanks for all the helpful replies guys

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Might want to keep the BAP for the Return system. It is always a good idea as it keeps the voltage steady, even in a return set up. Just barely turn it up on like 5.

Alex01

Established Member
I've got a boost a pump for sale. I has less than 1,000 miles on it.

I'm going return style.

PM me if you are interested

Already bought a friend's old one, thank you though.

Might want to keep the BAP for the Return system. It is always a good idea as it keeps the voltage steady, even in a return set up. Just barely turn it up on like 5.

I bought one, it's the old style one that isn't adjustable. Just has a pressure transducer to turn it on when i'm in boost. Do you know if my stock rails and lines will be enough to support the flow for e85?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Just bypass the Hobbs Switch, "pressure transducer", by splicing the two wire together so it runs all the time.

I made over 700 RWHP with the stock rails on E85. I did upgrade my feed line to -8 though.

As long as the pump can keep up with your power level, the line shouldn't matter a whole lot.

Users who are viewing this thread