E85 in Long island, NY

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Are people noticing a trend with the prices increasing? I can't really tell if its going up evenly with gasoline. All I can say is, I passed my local Gulf "best price of E85 normally" it was 2.87! I was so happy.....I drove home from work, it was 3.27, WHAT THE ****?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
The price will move with gas, remember, 15-30% of the volume is gas.

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
around the corner from me on 5th avenue in bay shore and the corner of spur drive north, that station had it for 3.30, which it's been for some time there, i think it's just the station realizing it can make more money if it charges more, still almost a dollar cheaper than premium from valero lol

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
But jumping up .40 in a day is rediculous, gas only went up 10 cents -___-

Agreed, however, maybe the just got a new load and it was a while since the prior one, just one possible reason.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Thats very true, I remember when I first saw this station a few months back it was in the high 3's! Then it suddenly dropped to under $3. So I'll hope that happens again.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Hey guys, does anybody have prices for any suffolk county stations? The place near me is still 3.29 and I want to try and find another well priced station.

bull3441

Established Member
Hey guys, does anybody have prices for any suffolk county stations? The place near me is still 3.29 and I want to try and find another well priced station.
Have you ever tested the % of the stations you fill up at? I live close to the stations you go to. I'm curious as to the blend %

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Have you ever tested the % of the stations you fill up at? I live close to the stations you go to. I'm curious as to the blend %

You live near the one off of the expressway? The Gulf station or w/e it is. I believe the price has dropped substantially which is awesome, it's below 3 now. And no never tested, I don't use E85 yet I'm just trying to keep up with prices and see if it is an intelligent option monetarily.

bull3441

Established Member
You live near the one off of the expressway? The Gulf station or w/e it is. I believe the price has dropped substantially which is awesome, it's below 3 now. And no never tested, I don't use E85 yet I'm just trying to keep up with prices and see if it is an intelligent option monetarily.
Yeah I'm in Holtsville. I'm not worried about cost as much as performance and consistency. The conversion cost is equal to about a years worth of race fuel(driven once per week). I'd rather Real Speed just sell Shell URT, I'd be there #1 customer :lol1:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Mike - if you have space for storage, guy 55gal drums and pump it direct

I paid 2.77 in Massapequa on Sunday for E85

SSeatr

Established Member
$2.79 today at sunoco on broadway in mass its been that for a few weeks now, def. the cheapest I've seen.

hollywub

Established Member
I am upgrading my fuel system and engine and everyone is telling me to go to E85. I don't have it in West Islip, but it is nearby.

I was planning on running 15psi approx with my 2.6KB on a 4.63v with fully ported heads on a 2006 GT.

I am guessing the GT500 fuel pumps, Boost a Pump and 80 lb injectors will be good for the E85 even with maxiing out the timing.

Did you guys have to do anything other than the tune, fuel pumps and injectors?

It seems like a good idea and this car never leaves Long Island. So I don't have to worry about finding stations...

I hear that the E85 is corrosive, but over what period of time and how many miles/hours of use?

I put about 3000 miles a year on my car.

Thanks!

Wow wish I had those prices over here!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Pumps, injectors, lines, tune, plugs

Who is building the motor and whos tune?

I have no corrosion issues. However u should get E85 compatible parts

hollywub

Established Member
Pumps, injectors, lines, tune, plugs

Who is building the motor and whos tune?

I have no corrosion issues. However u should get E85 compatible parts

Talking to JDM and I have used Mike from Punch It for my base tunes then I fine tune MAF table...

Trying to decide between full port on heads or just a little more boost... KB runs hot and I would like boost to be as low as possible to get to 650rwhp approx.

I am not sold on going to E85 yet, just looking into it.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
My .02, speak to Mike at L&M Engines in PA. He can build u a great motor, install it and the fuel system and then have Lund tune it on his dyno

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread