E85, Budget return, other questions

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a while, on purpose, to stay away from the urge to mod. Well I came back and now I want more power. Right now I have a Posi race port with matching tb/plenum, 60s, BAP, MAFia, exhaust and K&N intake. I made 500/485 on a mustang dyno with 18* timing and 93. I love the way the blower screams with the port so as of right now I've decied to keep it and not upgrade. Especially since this should be cheaper route for more power.

Now I have a few E85 stations in my area so I think I want to go that route. I want to use Lethals budget return style system, I know that works well with E85. I want to know if switching out the intake and throttle body will make a significant power gain, JLT high boost intake and Accufab single blade. Also, should I be uprading to 80s or can I stay with my 60s? Thanks in advance for any input or advice!

Edit: 2.76/4lb

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
If you do the budget return system on E85 you will need to upgrade to the 8an feed line and the 340 pumps. The stock feed line is too small and the base 255 pumps aren't e85 compatible. The 60s should be enough at your level.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
If you do the budget return system on E85 you will need to upgrade to the 8an feed line and the 340 pumps. The stock feed line is too small and the base 255 pumps aren't e85 compatible. The 60s should be enough at your level.

Thanks for your help, MustangJohn. Any information about my question on the JLT high boost intake or the Accufab TB?

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
I thought the only e85 compatible pumps were the 465? They are the only ones listed as such and there are members who have reported problems with the other pumps. I think it was the 405 that the black coating was coming off due to the ethanol, but I don't see those listed as an option anymore.

mustang john

Established Member
I thought the only e85 compatible pumps were the 465? They are the only ones listed as such and there are members who have reported problems with the other pumps. I think it was the 405 that the black coating was coming off due to the ethanol, but I don't see those listed as an option anymore.

No the Lethal Division X 340 pumps are rated for E85, that's why I bought them.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
I emailed Lethal about the pumps just to be sure, waiting on a response. Now would it be better to just plan for the future and get Lethal's 850+ rwhp system and 80s, or is that absolute overkill for my current plans?

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Please let us know what their response is.

I think the 850 budget system would be overkill for just a ported eaton. In fact, you may not even need a return style system at all, but you will need to upgrade the feed lines to run e85 (and the pumps). Your 60 injectors will work fine for the ported eaton setup.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member

mustang john

Established Member
Why does no one believe me that the Division X stryker 340 pumps are E85 compatible lol! It says so on Lethals site... That is why I have them... I run E85... lol

And yes that is the feed line kit, just let them know what fuel hat you will be using and they can sub in the correct fittings to make it work.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Why does no one believe me that the Division X stryker 340 pumps are E85 compatible lol! It says so on Lethals site... That is why I have them... I run E85... lol

And yes that is the feed line kit, just let them know what fuel hat you will be using and they can sub in the correct fittings to make it work.

Ya you're right. It does say it right on there lol. I was thinking of the 405 that Malcolm was having trouble with.

That's the line upgrade I was talking about. Then u can use the pumps of your choice. Idk how that works out with the fpdm though, if you need to add an fpdm you're better off making the harness yourself. Looks like it's not on Lethals site anymore. I think it would be necessary for that setup but I'm not positive. If your fpdm is modded it should work fine. Someone else will chime in.

Last edited:

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Hey guys,

The Division X 340 pumps are indeed E85 compatible according to Lethal. I'm trying to find out if I'll need that extra FPDM for the new pumps, waiting oh their response on that. I'm still trying to find out if it would be worth it to add Dragon TB and JLT high boost intake.

Ukfox89

Established Member
im in the same boat, but the way I was looking at it, is I can get a bigger return kit that comes with nice rails, a nicer regulator and so on so forth, and its not to much more. I was going to do the budget kit but then it went up a $100 in price, and that did it for me. I have a friend that can get me a good deal on a Fore kit, which their kits are really nice. Good luck with it.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Okay so just so I understand correctly, this is the line upgrade I would need right?

99-04 Mustang Stock Hat Fuel Line Upgrade Kit - Fuel Line Upgrade Kit - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

And then I can get twin GT or AEM 320 pumps and call it a day? I believe I have a modified FPDM already. Would I need a dual FPDM wire harness or anything else like that to support the new pumps?

I'll definitley let you know what they respond with about the pumps.

Just call lethal to order that's what I did. They set me up with the supply line and fittings. GT pumps aren't E85 compatible the DX340's are (my choice) and 465's are, way overkill for my power level.

Hey guys,

The Division X 340 pumps are indeed E85 compatible according to Lethal. I'm trying to find out if I'll need that extra FPDM for the new pumps, waiting oh their response on that. I'm still trying to find out if it would be worth it to add Dragon TB and JLT high boost intake.

Read the install directions right there on Lethal's page for the return system. It says to ditch the FPDM altogether; however, many owners keep it as the trigger signal to the pumps rather than having them run continuously with key on. I highly suggest keeping it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Just call lethal to order that's what I did. They set me up with the supply line and fittings. GT pumps aren't E85 compatible the DX340's are (my choice) and 465's are, way overkill for my power level.

The "improved gt pump" is E85 warrantied and compatible. Walbro part # F10000302. This is what you will usually find at aftermarket companies like lethal or fore.

The oem gt pump is not E85 compatible

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Read the install directions right there on Lethal's page for the return system. It says to ditch the FPDM altogether; however, many owners keep it as the trigger signal to the pumps rather than having them run continuously with key on. I highly suggest keeping it.

Isn't one of the points of going return is so there's potential lag time between when you hit it and when the pumps increase flow? Wouldn't keeping the FPDM as a trigger allow this to continue? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Also, how much power can I get with AEM340s? When I want to upgrade a blower in the future will I end up having to swap these too? Should I just go with the Walbro 465s for now even though they're overkill? I mean they're the same price with that eBay link :shrug:

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Isn't one of the points of going return is so there's potential lag time between when you hit it and when the pumps increase flow? Wouldn't keeping the FPDM as a trigger allow this to continue? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

You keep the FPDM to trigger the relay that turns the pumps on and off maintaining OEM type operation. If you remove the FPDM then you wire the relays to key on power and anytime the key is on you have the fuel pumps going full blast doing nothing but draining your battery.

This thread has details on the wire up

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...how-allowing-oe-type-fuel-pump-actuation.html

And no this does not affect fuel pump flow or anything like that. The FPDM will not be controlling the duty cycle (speed) of the pumps like it was in the past. Its simply turning on the relay that sends your pumps to 100% power when they are needed.

Users who are viewing this thread