E-force vs. Roush

terminal5

Established Member
Lots of love on the forums for the Roush TVS. Seems to be the most popular choice for PD blowers.

What about the E-force though? For street only on stock internals and 91 octane, is it not the off-idle torque king? Looks the best on paper, with the most gains per psi, easiest/least obtrusive install, and the claimed long-runner manifold off-boost driveability/torque advantage.

I think the Roush looks better under the hood, and has more support and growth potential, but if I want the most authentic big-block simulator without planning to upgrade more than a 3.5" pulley and a tune, would the E-force be the e-ticket? (I can also buy the E-force cheaper than the Roush.)

Anyone have experience with both?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Lots of love on the forums for the Roush TVS. Seems to be the most popular choice for PD blowers.

What about the E-force though? For street only on stock internals and 91 octane, is it not the off-idle torque king? Looks the best on paper, with the most gains per psi, easiest/least obtrusive install, and the claimed long-runner manifold off-boost driveability/torque advantage.

I think the Roush looks better under the hood, and has more support and growth potential, but if I want the most authentic big-block simulator without planning to upgrade more than a 3.5" pulley and a tune, would the E-force be the e-ticket? (I can also buy the E-force cheaper than the Roush.)

Anyone have experience with both?

We have worked a lot with both. Both are amazing TVS blowers. The big difference is the runners on the ROUSH model are shorter than the Edelbrock. But both will get you in the power range. The E-Force is also a lot easier of a install and may take 5 hours max. Using a smaller pulley, E-Force Competition CAI and supporting mods, you will easily see over 6. But the same goes with the ROUSH blower.

E-Force looks real nice but the TVS makes more sense for me because I do most of my dealings with Justin @ VMP tuning.

They are both a TVS

Highway Star

Established Member
I know another guy with an eforce and he is extremely disappointed. My car pull 522 N/A to his 465. This bothers him.

terminal5

Established Member
Thanks to all who've replied.

Highway Star, yes I've seen that video before. What was said should apply to all TVS blowers then. Obviously they aren't all crap. I don't think that video shows what boost levels we are comparing, but either way, perhaps the stock tune is the issue? Maybe this guy just sells Vortech? I've heard that the stock Vortech tune sucks too...

Anyway, I have zero interest in a centri. Honestly, I could care less about maximum hp and temperature losses. I just want the most off-idle torque I can get for a fun street car. I wouldn't even need a blower if my car could break the tires loose from an off-idle roll...

Are there any dyno graphs that show the E-force makes more steam down low than the other TVS blowers, or is all the long-runner stuff just marketing hype?

supercharged680

Established Member
Oh someone in dubai! lol

check out the brenspeed video for the Edelbrock

2012 Brenspeed Mustang GT with Edelbrock #1588 Supercharger Test - YouTube

hmm i would do a centri if i were u but since u have those 2 options i would go roush simply cause alot of people are using it and is more popular and the fact that JLT has an air intake for them too.. looks bigger lol

this
015808_v2_20101004.jpg

vs this

jlt-plastic-cai-for-the-11-12-50-with-roush-whipple-and-frpp-blow.jpg

terminal5

Established Member
That E-force pic is of a 4.6, the 5.0 looks a little better...

Still, all I really want to know is:

Does the E-force provide any low end advantage over the Roush or any other TVS???

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member

Still, all I really want to know is:

Does the E-force provide any low end advantage over the Roush or any other TVS???

Because of the long-runner intakes on this, basic physics does provide some better low-end torque for the same amount of boost as other positive displacement blowers. I've personally installed 2 of these, one on a 3V and one on a new 5.0 and they are TQ kings down low. For low-boost (under 12psi) you really can't beat an E-force blower. Its one of the best packaged kits I've ever seen, the best instructions, fitment is really nice...you name it.

It's not that the e-force blower has any sort of voodoo or special rotor design, but its in the runner length/upper intake design which what sets it apart from the rest. It's tradeoff is higher HP/TQ numbers to other blowers.
I don't like how the e-force blower looks however(I also don't like how its name is plastered all over the damn thing), and other Roush TVS, Whipples, KenneBell..etc all make more peak HP and TQ at higher boost levels.

SID's suggestion of the Magnuson is a good one, if anyone on here know's SID297 personally, you know how anal he is about great fitment, finish and quality on anything he installs on his vehicles.

Pick your poison.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member

Funny, I think the Edelbrock 5.0 kit looks even worse. That JLT setup does look good on the Roush!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Because of the long-runner intakes on this, basic physics does provide some better low-end torque for the same amount of boost as other positive displacement blowers. I've personally installed 2 of these, one on a 3V and one on a new 5.0 and they are TQ kings down low. For low-boost (under 12psi) you really can't beat an E-force blower. Its one of the best packaged kits I've ever seen, the best instructions, fitment is really nice...you name it.

It's not that the e-force blower has any sort of voodoo or special rotor design, but its in the runner length/upper intake design which what sets it apart from the rest. It's tradeoff is higher HP/TQ numbers to other blowers.
I don't like how the e-force blower looks however(I also don't like how its name is plastered all over the damn thing), and other Roush TVS, Whipples, KenneBell..etc all make more peak HP and TQ at higher boost levels.

SID's suggestion of the Magnuson is a good one, if anyone on here know's SID297 personally, you know how anal he is about great fitment, finish and quality on anything he installs on his vehicles.

Pick your poison.

Thanks Rich. I have a dyno sheet comparing an E-Force to a Magnuson. The Edlebrock makes more torque down low and the Magnuson make more power up high. I'll see if the shop I got it from minds if I post it.

Personally, I prefer to have a bit more power up top. With a V8 and a PD blower absence of torque is never really going to be an issue, especially with the 3.73 gears in the SVTP GT.

Stevem17500

Established Member
My eforce automatic setup put downon 91pump 580/500 on dynojet and 560/480 on load bearing dyno....and.is for.sale on these forums 4300.......and went undeafeated every race

Last edited:

Stevem17500

Established Member
Thanks to all who've replied.

Highway Star, yes I've seen that video before. What was said should apply to all TVS blowers then. Obviously they aren't all crap. I don't think that video shows what boost levels we are comparing, but either way, perhaps the stock tune is the issue? Maybe this guy just sells Vortech? I've heard that the stock Vortech tune sucks too...

Anyway, I have zero interest in a centri. Honestly, I could care less about maximum hp and temperature losses. I just want the most off-idle torque I can get for a fun street car. I wouldn't even need a blower if my car could break the tires loose from an off-idle roll...

Are there any dyno graphs that show the E-force makes more steam down low than the other TVS blowers, or is all the long-runner stuff just marketing hype?

My e force is for.sale great deal....wit.different pulleys...pulled 2 car lengths on 2013 gt500 so I would not say bad blower at all...low end torque he didn't stand a chance...and a modified gtr35 and many more

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
My biggest issue with the eForce is it's just plain ugly compared to the others. Too many logos, hoses, etc. I really like Edelbrock as a company since they manufacture in the US. But don't know how Vic Jr. signed off on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread