Dynotune Nitrous kit's????

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
sofaKINGfast said:
what adds the fuel before the computer adapts...on the old kits it had a line to the fuel pressure reg to spike fuel...How does it work on the Cobra?

you are thinking of a wet nitrous kit. it pulls the extra required fuel from the fuel rails. on a dry kit like the one i got, the extra fuel is brought on by the injectors. i run a seperate tune when i'm gonna spray the car that adds alot more fuel and less timing than my regular tune. i run about 16 psi on a ported eaton and a 100 shot.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
sofaKINGfast said:
the old dry kits would spike the reg for extra fuel... How fast is your car? how much HP:)

the only dry kit that i know does that is zex. i had a zex kit on my last car. my car made 580whp/680wtq but was running out of fuel at around 5200-5400 rpm. i'm gonna do the bap wiring upgrade and fuel pump wiring upgrades and tune it again. should be able to get up around 600whp/700wtq

Drrty281

Established Member
I like the pics of the switches:) . Why do all the nitrous kits require you to tap into the intake pipe? Are there any that have a plate or carb type set up that you can bolt inbetween the TB and blower plenum? I've seen one from zex I think but it was for carb setups not fuel injected.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
NOS 03-04 cobra kit has that plate that goes between, the blower, and the throttle body elbow.

Drrty281

Established Member
Thanks. Felt there might have been some out there but haven't seen anyone using. Just seems a little neater. :coolman:

sofaKINGfast

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
the only dry kit that i know does that is zex. i had a zex kit on my last car. my car made 580whp/680wtq but was running out of fuel at around 5200-5400 rpm. i'm gonna do the bap wiring upgrade and fuel pump wiring upgrades and tune it again. should be able to get up around 600whp/700wtq

I heard the FordGT pumps is what to use...It would be nice to get the full fuel pressure on the bottle...is there a hard wire for that?:shrug:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Fdawg...what are you running for fuel with the n20 setup..?? Torco?? two tunes??? Thanks for sharing...slo-poc...

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
slo-poc said:
Fdawg...what are you running for fuel with the n20 setup..?? Torco?? two tunes??? Thanks for sharing...slo-poc...

yea i run 1 32oz can of torco w/ 5 gallons of 93 octane gas which makes around 103-104 octane. i also have a seperate nitrous tune on my xcal2 with more fuel and less timing than i normally run.

Frank

SSeatr

Established Member
i want one now. i never really wanted a nos kit and dont know much about them but for the price why the hell not. whats the difference between wet and dry kits?

wet kits take gas from the fuel rails and mix it with the nos and spray through the maf ?

and dry just spray the nos through the maf?

is this right?

whats the best way to go for my 99 cobra wet or dry? id like to use the 75 or 100 will stock pumps work?

thanks for any and all help im thinking of ordering a kit. also how much does it cost to fill a tank and how long do they last?

haha sorry for my newb questions.

snackpack

Established Member
Wet kits have a seperate nozzle that will mix gas in with the nitrous. Dry kits only spray nitrous. If you want to do anything over a 50 shot I would do it after the MAF.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
SSeatr said:
i want one now. i never really wanted a nos kit and dont know much about them but for the price why the hell not. whats the difference between wet and dry kits?

wet kits take gas from the fuel rails and mix it with the nos and spray through the maf ?

is this right?

whats the best way to go for my 99 cobra wet or dry? id like to use the 75 or 100 will stock pumps work?

thanks for any and all help im thinking of ordering a kit. also how much does it cost to fill a tank and how long do they last?

I run a dry 75 shot pre MAF on my fox. I will run 100 pre MAf when I get a fuel pump. I dont know what your fuel pump flows but mine is only like 80lpm and im fine on the 75 shot with the stock pump. Anymore though and ill be leaning bad, hence the 255 walbro for the 100 shot. if my 10lbs tank is dry it cost $28 to fill. It last about 7-8 passes at the track. They say every 10 sec you spray amounts to a pound but I think it depends on the size of your shot.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
ChrisP14 said:
Here is the cupholder switch i was talking about
lastscan5.jpg

I just ordered that along with a NOS wet kit with TB injectors...looks good in the cupholder...glad i ordered it...but now i cant have 2 drinks....DAMNIT

Last edited:

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
SSeatr said:

is this right?

Wet kits spray after MAF...they mix fuel and N2o before delivery...these kits are much safer if setup properly...usual smart thing to do is at least a fuel pressure regulator...and plugs...

Dry can be either before or after MAF but usually before...they spray across the MAF and have your stock system compensate by adding its own fuel...these kits can burn out your MAF over time depending and also usually requires an injector or pump upgrade...tune is a must...

Thats just the blunt version to give ideas...

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Fdawg97lx, that looks almost exactly like my setup under engine bay. That black wire loom plastic covers a lot of evils. Only difference zex wet nozzle before tb and wot. Btw, mine is wet that way you can tune the o2 via wb easily, only thing is reflash for timing. My theory is compared to friends gt is the blower mixes the fuel/air better, his plugs look different on different cyl. on his 100 jets. I'm running 125's. .057n .032f and look all the same. 127mph 1/4 w a 2.9 pulley, I got suspension work to do on 60fts. Lol.. 18deg. timing, tr7ix's @ .032. And yes I broke 2 halfshafts 10ft out w window set at 3.8k to 6.3k. Now have stage 5's.

Nitrous%20Layout.jpg

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Couple other pics, say you didn't know. And yes I have dynotune sol much better than a zex or lil nos. Just a lil hader to conceal under the air filter.

1-07-04.jpg

1-07-02.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread