DynoJet Wideband 2 users in here please

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Hello all! I recently purchased the kit and completed the install yesterday. Now, I have a couple of questions.

What is the point of the yellow wire to turn on the warning light/audible alarm if you can't use it to alert you to a lean condition?

So, what are you guys using the light/alarm for? I'm wondering if it can be tied into the raptor shift light (or the stock shift light) as a "hey idiot, shift" alarm. Is there is an oil pressure switch that could be used to indicate an abnormal/low pressure condition before the stock 6psi gauge reacts?

Did you hook up the Rpm and Tach input wiring? Again, I don't see how they *need* to be hooked up with the way the gauge operates normally. I got the impression from the manual that you are going to need them for a data acquisition device. What are you guys using to record data? (I have a diablo handheld, FWIW)

Also, there are 2 CAN ports on the side of the unit, are there any uses for those at this time?

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with the questions!

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I didnt hook up the light on mine. I also didnt use the rpm or tps inputs as unlike the regular WBC it cant log itself so I felt it was useless.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I didnt hook up the light on mine. I also didnt use the rpm or tps inputs as unlike the regular WBC it cant log itself so I felt it was useless.

As of now, I don't have any of the 3 hooked up either. I'm seriously considering hooking up the warning light to the stock shift light or making it an low oil press warning light.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Same here. I use it solely for my visual reference, and have no plans to data log.

Just seems odd to even have those wires included... The dynojet rep did say that they have modules for bikes, which I'll assume that's what they use the wires for.

Has anyone used the warning light/buzzer for anything??

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Just seems odd to even have those wires included... The dynojet rep did say that they have modules for bikes, which I'll assume that's what they use the wires for.

Has anyone used the warning light/buzzer for anything??

The extra wires are for guys who plan to install a seperate data log device to the WB2. But, if someone was planning to data log they should just buy the regular Dynojet WB kit (as it can data log).. instead of the WB2 we have.

My warning light isn't being used.

blackgtcp

Established Member
The extra wires are for guys who plan to install a seperate data log device to the WB2. But, if someone was planning to data log they should just buy the regular Dynojet WB kit (as it can data log).. instead of the WB2 we have.

My warning light isn't being used.

I know this is a REALLY old thread but im wondering if running a WB2 you can datalog A/F through livewire? I dont want to throw down the cash for the commander only because I dont plan on running any kind of gauge. Ill soley have it for street tuning/datalogging. Im using an Xcal 3

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Do you mean Livelink? If so, yes you can log your a/f. Just get a 6 pin firewire and hook it up to the 0-5v analog out and ground from the w/b and plug it into the x3. IIRC you`re going to need the optional DATA ACQUISITION cable.
FireWireAnalogWiringDiagram.jpg

blackgtcp

Established Member
Alrite I guess thats the same cable that lethal sells? It would most likely be the same setup with the NGK system I would assume. Id rather spend a few extra dollars and get the NGK sensor versus the bosch. Where can I download livelink? Ive been trying to search for it with no luck. I downloaded the cd that came with the xcal but im guessing thats not the same thing

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread