Dynoed my 2000 Cobra R today....

RogerTx

Established Member
Went over to LG Motorsports to dyno the Cobra today. It is stock with 1700 miles on the odometer.

CobraR_48_dyno_stock.gif

InDynoRoom.gif

Last edited:

SMKNGT

Gotta love a V8 Girl!
Established Member
I agree they're awesome cars, Friend of mine has an R and is a Cheif Race Instructor, BEST car I've ever been in on a road course!!

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Nice. You'd probably pick up 20-25 Hp easily with a tune. That thing is pig rich.

Considering you have 1700 miles on it I'm sure you don't care, but I'd thought I'd throw that out there.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Tuning, I have mine up to 404RWHP, and 404RWTQ on a dynojet with a Diablo tune, Bassani exhaust, and The 90mm air meter kit from ac427cobra. Car is amazing for a Natural aspirated motor, excellent on a road course.

Bill Anderson

Established Member
Yep, that is dead on it...mine made around 360 stock, 385 with the bassani upgrade, 401 with the 90mm maf and 421 with longtubes with a/f at around 13.5-14 / 1 @ 6k and 29 degrees timing...after adding the long tubes, the computer richened the mixture because of the 02 sensors being further down stream, leaned it out and the thing starting making good power, even the gas mileage improved quite a bit...there seemed to be more on the table if we put some race gas in it....these motors sure make alot of power for their size, pretty cool that they can produce as much power as a 7 liter Z06 :)

Last edited:

RogerTx

Established Member

Andy M

Established Member
#155 was dyno'd at 370 RWHP and 380 RWTQ, but that was with free flow exhaust and a tune... so if this thing is bone stock, those are very stout numbers!! :eek: THese respond very well to a few simple bolt ons....

Venom351R

Established Member
Very nice numbers :thumbsup:

I have a friend w/ a 2000R, stock (hes on here actually) I should see if I can talk him into putting it on the dyno this summer

Users who are viewing this thread