Dynoed my 2000 Cobra R today....

Fourcam330

Established Member
Yep, that is dead on it...mine made around 360 stock, 385 with the bassani upgrade, 401 with the 90mm maf and 421 with longtubes with a/f at around 13.5-14 / 1 @ 6k and 29 degrees timing...after adding the long tubes, the computer richened the mixture because of the 02 sensors being further down stream, leaned it out and the thing starting making good power, event the gas mileage improved quite a bit...there seemed to be more on the table if we put some race gas in it....these motors sure make alot of power for their size, pretty cool that they can produce as much power as a 7 liter Z06 :)

13.5-14.0:1 A/F @ WOT with 29 degrees of advance??? :eek:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What a beauty!

I love it.:bowdown:

I agree with this person !!!!!!!!!

This is quite easily the best NA motor Ford ever delivered from the factory! :dancenana:

i will own one before i die

I simply agree with every one of these level headed people.:beer:

ekimv

Established Member
AC can you set me up with

Tuning, I have mine up to 404RWHP, and 404RWTQ on a dynojet with a Diablo tune, Bassani exhaust, and The 90mm air meter kit from ac427cobra. Car is amazing for a Natural aspirated motor, excellent on a road course.

the 90 MM air kit and would you suggest having your buddy tune it?

Mike

Saleenrose

Established Member
Did your motor go POP yet? thats not a safe a/f range

Mine is tuned to 13:0, 22 deg timing, 93 oct fuel, have not even changed plugs, makes 400rwhp from 5400 to 6600, drops off till 7000, 362 at 7000. I run on track to 7000 to avoid shifting before corners.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
the 90 MM air kit and would you suggest having your buddy tune it?

Mike

Mike:

I have not had a lot of interest in the kits. I think there were 3 or 4 people interested last time I put the question up. The biggest problem is the time it takes to get everything together and fabbed up. I unfortunately don't have the time right now. Spring's coming and I seem to get fewer and fewer things crossed off my 'to-do' list! :cryying:

ekimv

Established Member
Mike:

I have not had a lot of interest in the kits. I think there were 3 or 4 people interested last time I put the question up. The biggest problem is the time it takes to get everything together and fabbed up. I unfortunately don't have the time right now. Spring's coming and I seem to get fewer and fewer things crossed off my 'to-do' list! :cryying:

Does anyone make such a devil that is available?:cuss:

Tarball

Established Member
Mine is tuned to 13:0, 22 deg timing, 93 oct fuel, have not even changed plugs, makes 400rwhp from 5400 to 6600, drops off till 7000, 362 at 7000. I run on track to 7000 to avoid shifting before corners.

13.0 is just fine, anything over like 13.1 is potentially not good for the motor.

rio95cobra

Established Member
Tuning, I have mine up to 404RWHP, and 404RWTQ on a dynojet with a Diablo tune, Bassani exhaust, and The 90mm air meter kit from ac427cobra. Car is amazing for a Natural aspirated motor, excellent on a road course.

do they not come with bassani exhaust?? catted x-pipe and borla side exit correct?

Andy M

Established Member
I was most fortunate to have owned one of these wonderful machines and after having run the absolute crap out of it at the track to the tune of over 15K glorious track miles while I owned #155 - I can attest that this is one helluva motor!! It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It was always willing to take whatever I gave it and was always asking for more. I have to agree that the 2000 R engine is certainly a bullet proof motor!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
do they not come with bassani exhaust?? catted x-pipe and borla side exit correct?

They come with a Bassani X behind a set of 4 oem catalytic convertors that are restrictive. The Borla side exit is sorta restrictive too with two mufflers & resonator.

So installing a "real" Bassani Catted X-pipe with only 2 high flow convertors.... plus a Bassani Catback with better flowing mufflers and no resonator.... the 5.4 DOHC can exhale a lot more air.

It comes from the factory with a set of short tube headers... but as Bill showed they really like longtubes better. :burnout:

JorgeG

Established Member
number 173 405 hp 405 tq with cat delete x pipe and coast fab mufflers to dumps on dyno jet. Now with Bruce's intake setup need to dyno again. tuner only able to get 5 hp more with tune?! (Murillo Motorsport)

Andy M

Established Member
Jorge,

Dude, you bought a Skyline GT-R! :eek: So, when you gonna grace us with its presence at the track???? That thing would be AWESOME at TWS! Can I drive it ? huh? PLEASE?????!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
man i love the 2000R they were the 1st to get a 5.4 in a stang.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Jorge,

Dude, you bought a Skyline GT-R! :eek: So, when you gonna grace us with its presence at the track???? That thing would be AWESOME at TWS!

Just don't beat on the glass transmission.... seeing that Nissan likes to deny warranty on them... and the replacement cost is nearly $15K from what I have read :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread