dyno with drag radials?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive heard mixed things about not going on the dyno with drag radials - does this apply to all drag radials (bias ply, radial etc...?) I usually have ET Streets on the car (I think the pair on there now are around 6 years old by the date on the sidewall), theres a group dyno day this weekend and just wondering if I should really swap over to my normal street radials.

I dont think spinning on the dynojet will be a huge concern at mid 600hp and high 500s torque with a centri

Intervention302

Established Member
Ive heard mixed things about not going on the dyno with drag radials - does this apply to all drag radials (bias ply, radial etc...?) I usually have ET Streets on the car (I think the pair on there now are around 6 years old by the date on the sidewall), theres a group dyno day this weekend and just wondering if I should really swap over to my normal street radials.

I dont think spinning on the dynojet will be a huge concern at mid 600hp and high 500s torque with a centri
I know my Dyno guy likes street tires better than DRs on his Dyno.

He says he never has a problem with losing traction on street tires, but can be an issue with DR

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I had my stock coyote dyno’d with 18” drag radials on a dynojet. Wasn’t an issue there

Intervention302

Established Member
I agree, but I got to assume he knows more than me.

He says my R888s are not a problem even at 770, but he applied vht to similar cars that are on DRs.

Something about the drum. Although he just replaced it and it's super grippy

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I know my Dyno guy likes street tires better than DRs on his Dyno.

He says he never has a problem with losing traction on street tires, but can be an issue with DR

Seriously? So I’ve got to bring up my street tire set up when I head to Pete’s in the spring. Good to know.

Intervention302

Established Member
Seriously? So I’ve got to bring up my street tire set up when I head to Pete’s in the spring. Good to know.
You'd have to ask him specifically. But he has mentioned that to me more than once.

His new drum is super grippy and maybe it's not an issue any more

SirShaun

Established Member
Do a John Force burnout before you pull it up on the rollers. Problem solved. I figured a DR with some PSI in it would do alright, not much different characteristics from a normal Radial. Maybe not so much a soft cold Bias Ply, I could see that causing some movement on the Dyno.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
drag radials continue getting hotter to the point that they can start chunking up on the rollers. HP numbers tend to keep dropping as a result which why street tires are always recommended. all depends on ur hp levels really.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the feedback guys, especially seeing how my DRs are old I think I'll throw on my crappy street tires if I decide to go (MT sport comps, need to replace em with some R888Rs or something). I dont want my old ass DRs coming apart.

Users who are viewing this thread