Dyno tunning by rick

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
+1 on Rick from Amazon Tuning. Recently installed a 2.6 KB on my '99L and I need a tune. Have been working with Rick on email tunes--not working out!! Me and 3 others were signed up in Feb for Rick to come out and tune. He needed 8. Mike Dunn, needs his L tuned and he has 3 or 4 others that need tunes. My math==9, 1 more than the minimum. I'll be calling Mike Dunn again and let him know. He maybe contacting you. Stand-by!!

Don

I will let you know asap Don about the date for Jeffs shop so you can talk to Mike

Madferraristi

Established Member
I will let you know asap Don about the date for Jeffs shop so you can talk to Mike

Hi Linn, Mike here.

The deal that I have been working toward is this. There are three of us (at least) here in the Bay Area that have the Pro Racer setup and we all need help tuning for our latest modifications. Therefore, the first question that I must ask is will Rick tune us on OUR Laptops. Some tuners will, some won't.

The three of us have figured that we will need about 8-9 hours Dyno time in total. For example, I want to be first of the three because I want to maximize my street tune to see what it can do. Then while the other two guys are working on the Dyno I will change pulleys and a couple of other things, then go back on for a max power tune.

First thing I need to pass on the the other two guys is what does Rick charge for this kind of a day? Let me know in a PM if you will. Then I also need to get in touch with Jeff and find out what his charge will be for the Dyno for the day. We have always used another Dyno facility about 5 miles from Jeffs place so I am not familiar with his pricing though I have been on his Dyno on one occasion.

Last edited:

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
Hi Linn, Mike here.

The deal that I have been working toward is this. There are three of us (at least) here in the Bay Area that have the Pro Racer setup and we all need help tuning for our latest modifications. Therefore, the first question that I must ask is will Rick tune us on OUR Laptops. Some tuners will, some won't.

The three of us have figured that we will need about 8-9 hours Dyno time in total. For example, I want to be first of the three because I want to maximize my street tune to see how what it can do. Then while the other two guys are working on the Dyno I will change pulleys and a couple of other things, then go back on for a max power tune.

First thing I need to pass on the the other two guys is what does Rick charge for this kind of a day? Let me know in a PM if you will. Then I also need to get in touch with Jeff and find out what his charge will be for the Dyno for the day. We have always used another Dyno facility about 5 miles from Jeffs place so I am not familiar with his pricing though I have been on his Dyno on one occasion.

i dont know how well that will work if u guys need pretty much the whole day for the 3 of you...i guess well see

Madferraristi

Established Member
i dont know how well that will work if u guys need pretty much the whole day for the 3 of you...i guess well see

When I set up the last two NorCal Dyno Days with Sal, we always brought him out for two days. I'll have to ask Jeff if he will come in on Sunday, Rick too.

It may be academic if the three of us can't be ready, it will be tight for me.

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
When I set up the last two NorCal Dyno Days with Sal, we always brought him out for two days. I'll have to ask Jeff if he will come in on Sunday, Rick too.

It may be academic if the three of us can't be ready, it will be tight for me.

well i know that i will need to be tuned on saturday if he comes out as i work sunday...usually rick does come out for 2 days also

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Mike...I can send Rick out there for as many days as you need him..he has been there for 3 days before..it is a non issue for us..he will be there for as long as you need him..but it does sound to me like you guys will need a whole day to yourselves ..Rick said he would give you each a MTF file and work with you for as long as it takes for $400 a peice.. that file will cover your present set ups only.. he will give you support for as long as you need it for that set up only..you will pay your own dyno time to the shop..and your share of the travel expenses....you can also still work with the shop you are working with.. Rick stays near the airport while he is out there so he is close to either place..he has tuned at 2 different shops before when he was there so if you still want to set up your part of this go ahead.. basically we just need to know what you guys want to do and it will be set up for you..he will need someone to pick him up at the hotel for each of the days he is tuning

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
it looks like there is a conflict about the date with some evvents that are n going in the area.. we need to decide on a date so I can see whose shops will be available.. do you still want to try for that date or move it to a date that has no conflicts?

lets hear some input

RDDYKW

Established Member
Rick's tuning

Just got off the phone. Was speaking to Linn from Amazon Tuning. Hate getting on the 'soap box' again :shrug:but we need to pick a date for the tunes and than commit the cc #'s.
Sounds like May 2nd is out due to car/truck shows. So pick a date that doesn't conflict with other shows.
:beer:Don

RDDYKW

Established Member
:banana::beer:May 9th will work for me. Spoke to Mike Dunn, as of this moment May 9th will work for him:lol: Also heard from Phil "Airtroop" and he is back from the living dead:beer::lol:.

Users who are viewing this thread