Dyno Tuning in South Florida

need4snake

Banned
I live in Palm City, FL (Treasure Coast) North of West Palm Beach area. I'm looking for a reputable shop that will do dyno tuning and conduct a baseline.

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
I am a fan of Thunder Autosports, Steve has been in business before most of the other shops have had mustangs.

Anthony at Mobile Dyno Solutions tuned my cobra and he is really close to you in Stuart.

Last edited:

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
I am a fan of Thunder Autosports, Steve has been in business before most of the other shops have had mustangs.

Anthony at Mobile Dyno Solutions tuned my cobra and he is really close to you in Stuart.

+1 for Thunder. Ken Bjones also tunes at PBH, all great tuners

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
Paul at Torq Speed lab in Miramar, Fl, have a nice shop and do great work. tuned both my car and my dads very stubborn centri cobra. And we've been to a few, Blow By Racing, MAK, and Mustang Specialties.

need4snake

Banned

Steve at Thunder did my Mach 1 about 6 years ago, but it always pinged unless I ran octane booster, he didn't really want to take the time to iron it out correctly. He did what I felt was a quick fix and he pulled out 5 degrees of timing, which killed my power. I would have been willing to spend some money to fix the detonation problem the right way. I guess he did the best he could with what he had to work with, but I felt he kinda rushed me through. Wasn't sure if he was still in business or not. Seemed like a typical fly by the night dyno shop to me. They also really screwed up a motor build on another Mach 1 too. So overall, my experience with Thunder Autosports was mediocre.

I'd like to talk to this guy in Stuart. He would be very close for me instead of driving all the way down to Boynton. What system does he use for tuning? Diablo or SCT? I need to stick with Diablo since I have all their gear. I have a Diablo revolution chip, but I need to swap out my handheld for one that works on my Cobra. The one I have is only good for 99-04 NA mustangs

brainpa

Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way. I live in Jupiter and used to live at Martin's Crossing in Stuart, and work in WPB.

"All the way down to Boyton"?

Seriously?

Dude, if its a reputable shop, then DRIVE. It's not like it's Tampa. LOL. You got like a 90 minute drive, all on 95.

Don't skimp on your tune. You Will Pay Later.

Me? I was lucky to have Hermann in Tampa, when I lived in St. Pete. Personally, now that he is in Maryland, my next Cobra gets put on a flatbed and sent to him.

Good luck man. Nice ride.

need4snake

Banned
Don't take this the wrong way. I live in Jupiter and used to live at Martin's Crossing in Stuart, and work in WPB.

"All the way down to Boyton"?

Seriously?

Dude, if its a reputable shop, then DRIVE. It's not like it's Tampa. LOL. You got like a 90 minute drive, all on 95.

Don't skimp on your tune. You Will Pay Later.

Me? I was lucky to have Hermann in Tampa, when I lived in St. Pete. Personally, now that he is in Maryland, my next Cobra gets put on a flatbed and sent to him.

Good luck man. Nice ride.

No, I totally agree man! My experience with Thunder was not the greatest, he did a really half ass tune on my Mach 1, didn't get me involved at all. I get there on my tuning day, at the time specified and I end up standing around with my finger up my a$$ for an hour until Steve was ready to take my car in. (like my time isn't worth anything) Then while it was in there, there was no dialogue back and forth about what he was seeing. An interactive discussion about what can be done about my detonation problem would be nice rather than just pulling out 5 degrees of timing. The car ran faster stock then it did after he messed with it.

Now I never got the whole story - but the shop totally F***'ed up this guy's Mach 1 rebuild.... he laid out 10 grand to have the motor built up with forged internals and boost and it blew a week after he got it back from them, after they had the car for like 6 months to begin while totally stalling around on him... In all his car was down for over a year, he ended up having to ship the car to someone in Tampa to have the engine rebuilt again. However like I said I didn't have all the facts of what took place, but I just put my experience together with tidbits of what he told me and sort of came to that conclusion.

I was honestly suprised to hear that thunder was still in business, after my experience and remembering that the place looks like sh1t also.

A few people gave him props, I'm really suprised! Although he was definitley better than Street Rods and Customs in Boca Raton... jeez those guys are scammers... They take tunes from other cars and just throw them on yours and call it a custom tune, and charge you 400.00 for a chip and a "custom tune".

mach1033

Established Member
VMP in Deltona is very reputable and he is a vendor on here. Justin brought a mobile dyno with him to Bradenton a couple years ago and if my car needed a tune I would have let him tune it that night at the Hooters party and not thought twice about it.

jsucil89

Established Member
Steve at Thunder did my Mach 1 about 6 years ago, but it always pinged unless I ran octane booster, he didn't really want to take the time to iron it out correctly. He did what I felt was a quick fix and he pulled out 5 degrees of timing, which killed my power. I would have been willing to spend some money to fix the detonation problem the right way. I guess he did the best he could with what he had to work with, but I felt he kinda rushed me through. Wasn't sure if he was still in business or not. Seemed like a typical fly by the night dyno shop to me. They also really screwed up a motor build on another Mach 1 too. So overall, my experience with Thunder Autosports was mediocre.

+1 on your take about Steve @ Thunder Autosports.....I'd stay away (that is if he's even still in business). He tuned my procharged 89' LX and I felt like he rushed thru the entire process as if I were just another number. I moved out of state a couple of months afterwards and tried to contact him numerous times w/ questions about my tune, but he didn't even have the courtesy to call me back after I left numerous voice mails.

need4snake

Banned
Well its a shame but its good to know that I'm not the only one that was treated like an a$$ by Steve @Thunder.

These people are usually very intelligent when it comes to cars, but they are just not business people.

When I go into dyno my car and have it tuned... this is supposed to be a fun, interactive, enjoyable, and educational experience in my opinion. This is a hobby for us, if we all just wanted a car to drive from point A to point B then we would all own a ToYota Priu$.

Users who are viewing this thread