dyno today..BAD

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
ok, I know Im going to a different setup next week but figureded Id post this..Went to a LS1 dyno day this after noon, car put 410/456 down adn RICH..went UNDER 10 A/F after 4000rpm.. just pig righ..Damn Predator shit..car has 2.8 pulley and the predator tune wa UPR CAI..heard it should be rich but DAMN!!! this is sick, cant be that weak, looked like a nitrous tune on it,I bought a bunch of parts for it and looking to make this car run, this baseline sucks..Hope these cars make soming better.. :fm:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That's why.....you're using the box Predator tune. It's garbage....get a custom tune asap. You might have belt slip also if you're running a 2.8" and no idler.

racebronco2

Established Member
for now you could lean it out using the predator .... if it was running pig rich then why are you calling it a "preator lean tune"

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
for now you could lean it out using the predator .... if it was running pig rich then why are you calling it a "preator lean tune"
not sure why I put that, must have just been venting..I got the SCT Xcal2 and Jon Lund is coming into St.Louis for a tuning session next month..Ill have all my other stuff on the car then too..

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
still pissed...car was rich but still made shit power..My buddys cars are making at LEAST 50 more RWHP and RWT..9-10 A/F seems to be the problem???? Was it that bad??

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
HouseSVT said:
still pissed...car was rich but still made shit power..My buddys cars are making at LEAST 50 more RWHP and RWT..9-10 A/F seems to be the problem???? Was it that bad??
Yae, I would say 9-10 A/F would be the problem. :(

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Timing and a/f make power. Mine runs 23 deg at 6.5k and 11.8 a/f from 3k to 6.5k. Stock box predator tune was way rich 10.3's couldn't tune it out, got a tune via email, problem with a/f went away. Verified via lm1 w/b and predator. If nothing else find someone that does a lot of tunes on cobras with your mods and many happy customers. The stock box tune covers all cai and smallest top pulley options. I wasn't real happy either, my wot mileage improved also btw afterwards. I only have a 2.9, if I went with a 2.76 might have been fine out of box.

tv's 03

Established Member
I used the performance tune with my 3.2 and just added fuel. It would have been lean obviously without adding fuel, but you get a lot of leeway to richen your tune vs, lean it out. My a/f with 17% down low, and 15% rich on to top was 12.2 to 4000 rpm and 11.7 to redline. I also had to pull some timing. I was happy with my out of the box predator performance tune. Now I have lots of leeway either lean or rich. To take timing away or add some. I am thinking with a 3.2 that 11.6 is too rich and it may run better closer to 12.0. I run the same timing and a/f that guys with 2.8 pulleys run. But its safe and is making decent power

boosty

Banned
I had the same problem but the from jms said not worry because the power is there just turned way down xcal2, ported eaton,2.80 pulley will take care of that

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
boosty said:
I had the same problem but the from jms said not worry because the power is there just turned way down xcal2, ported eaton,2.80 pulley will take care of that
Ill be putting thaese parts and more on this week..then its time to get it back on WB and check it out..

Users who are viewing this thread