Dyno shops in and around mass?

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
so i'm going to be getting a cobra soon so i want to take it to a dyno shop to get the A/F checked and see what it makes for power and if necessary get the car re-tuned if it needs it.

so i'm wondering what shops are around here...

i've gone to dez before but i've heard earthier everything good or everything bad no in between. and i know outlaw is gone.

just wondering who everyone goes to

wildride02gt

Established Member
There are a bunch of import and tuner garages in the Boston area, not sure if you want to trust them on your 'stang.
I'd just go to Dez. Just make sure your car has their full attention while on the dyno, and if he needs to do a custom tune. Been there a few times and they can get distracted sometimes. Not sure how things are now that he opened up the service center down the road.

Cobraluver

Established Member
performance-dyno in loudon, NH..Pete really knows his stuff especially when it comes to cobra...he tuned my cobra and did a great job

Warrior627

Established Member
There's also MPE in Taunton. I have no experience with their dyno tunes (yet) but have spent considerable time talking with Chris (owner) over what improvements I was going to do to my GT, before deciding to buy a Cobra rather than do the KB to the GT. Chris was very straight forward, knowledgable and easy to deal with. GL and let us know how you make out and where you went.

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
SMG Motoring in Hopedale has outlaws dyno now. Fred is a good guy. He tuned my bro's cobra. I brought mine there to check A/F after a rebuild a couple years ago. But performance dyno takes care of my tune.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
If your just looking for a reading then you can go anywhere. Just in my area you have seekonk plymouth westwood taunton medford and more. Would be nice if you let us know where you were located since were all trying to help you out.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Pete @ performance dyno. No one else worth going to. Dez is an arrogant dickhead and isn't worth the time of day. Let him and his ego work on someone else's car.

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
now staying on the topic of tunes, does anyone run O2 simulators or mil eliminators with there catless x or h pipes.

i had to go to a MAC center last year for my mach cuase i was running o/r x-pipe and had a predator tuner in my car which turned my O2 monitor off which failed me for emissions. so im trying to avoid having that problem again.

im going to go up to performance dyno and have them take a look and check everything out on the car

brys00gt

Established Member
Why not try and visit or call the shops mentioned and speak to the tuner?

Tell them your goals and what your expectations are. Then you can make an informed decision as to where you are comfortable going.

We can all tell you to go to this one or that one but you ultimately have to be happy and comfortable with the tuner you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread