Dyno shop in New Orleans, Laf,Baton Rouge area

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
JMS in Lucedale has a ad in just about every MM&FF. They do really good work. RWTD is a little further than JMS and will treat ya just the same. Both have reputable resumes and do good work.

04cobracop

Established Member
THanks for all the help and info guys. I have already set up an appointment with James at RWTD in Oct. The only time I can get up there, due to the type of work I'm in.

machonespeed

machonespeed
Established Member
I just got my first cobra, 04, i think it has a few issues. I live here in Kenner. The car is stock coupe with just a few mods, air box and exhaust as far as i can tell, having some power surging ,pulls and slows a bit and pulls, kind of like something is slipping or blocked. Has 29000 miles and still in warranty . Should you take care of all issues before getting to dyno, or let them run the car and tell you whats wrong. Automotive Services across from shreves does most of my repairs, it would be logical to go to shreves. How much tuning can be done with stock computer. Although i would like to see my base HP and Torque figures anyway. I want to keep the car fairly stock, maybe a gear or mild pulley change later

bnglcat

Established Member
Just to add my .02.... Stang-Hi in baton rouge would be a good choice as well. www.stanghi.com

In fact, the next get together on the 28th is going to go there for a dyno day after our hooters lunch.

Last edited:

WHiTE03MACh

Camel Lover
Established Member
91lxcoupe said:
Glad to see you don't like Shreve, me neither.
James @ RWTD is also very good and Mobile is not a bad drive at all or JMS is also good in Lucedale, MS which is no drive either.
I wouldn't go to Stang Hi for anything, thats just me. He just got SCT certified a few months back w/ the software and I wouldn't want to be his test pig. Besides that, everything he sells is the best bar-none and everything else just sucks, so he says anyways.
I would go to James or JMS.

+1 Shreves is a special ed class with lifts and a dyno

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
La lightning said:
+1 On Shreves $250 For First Tune. They Spent 4 Hrs On My Lightning
Made 7 Pulls To Get It Just Right. I'll Be Using Him Again.
-1, Two of my buddys blown GT mustangs blew up and Shreve just so happened to be the guy who tuned them.

AJ's new shop is getting setup in covington like a mile from my house. I'll try to keep you guys updated on how he is progressing.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
We are having a dyno Day in Covington, about 45 minutes from New Orleans around the 20-25th of November. If anyone is interested please PM me. I think we have around 5 people or so at this point, but we need around 10. Get on the bandwagon. It will be at 454 Motorsports or Dyno or whatever the name of the shop is, and the Tuner will be Rick from Amazon. Check out my thread in Terminator engines/tuning.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
04cobracop said:
THanks for all the help and info guys. I have already set up an appointment with James at RWTD in Oct. The only time I can get up there, due to the type of work I'm in.

Do yourself a favor and call to verify your appointment before you make the drive all the way to Mobile. Trust me, its a very shady situation and I will leave it at that. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread