Dyno shop in New Orleans, Laf,Baton Rouge area

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey guys,

Well I'm having a big problem right now. My tuner AJ from 454Dyno in New Orleans is moving to Convington and will not be up and running until Oct. I have added larger injectors to my car and need a new tune A.S.A.P. Could someone provide any information on a shop near New Orleans, Laf., or BR area. F.Y.I. I have a 04' cobra with Steg IV blower, 4#lb lower, all other supporting mods you can think of. Also a little friend called NITROUS!!!!!LOL. Thanks, Jason

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Mike Murillo in San Antonio is my recomendation or MPH in GA. I've been tuned at the mentioned place in Kenner and had horrible results personally. If you go that route, good luck and make sure you have a remote kill switch so you can kill your own car while its detonating on the dyno to prevent blown head gaskets.
Mike Murillo 210-946-1199
www.murillomotorsports.com
Thats if you want to be tuned by one of the countrys best tuners and mustang racers.

COBRA504

Banned
La lightning said:
+1 On Shreves $250 For First Tune. They Spent 4 Hrs On My Lightning
Made 7 Pulls To Get It Just Right. I'll Be Using Him Again.

:nono: shreves SUCK:cuss: go to JMS in Miss. :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :rolling:

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I was looking for someone in LA and not having to drive to TX, AL, or Miss. By the way, I will NEVER NEVER go to Shreves again. When I first purchased my car with nothing on it I went to Shreves and talk to steve. Steve told me so much B/S it wasn't even funny. I really don't like to bad mouth anyone, but when you are trying to put your foot and arm in my A%$, I get pretty upset. Has anyone ever heard of Stang High Performance in Baton Rouge????

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Glad to see you don't like Shreve, me neither.
James @ RWTD is also very good and Mobile is not a bad drive at all or JMS is also good in Lucedale, MS which is no drive either.
I wouldn't go to Stang Hi for anything, thats just me. He just got SCT certified a few months back w/ the software and I wouldn't want to be his test pig. Besides that, everything he sells is the best bar-none and everything else just sucks, so he says anyways.
I would go to James or JMS.

04cobracop

Established Member
Alright guys I have narrowed it down to two tuners. James@RWTD or Mike Murillo. Could someone give good and bad info for both tuners. Thanks

SikSnke

Established Member
I would vote for james on that one....he is a very well respected tuner in the modular community. My last tune was a mail tune from him and it was good. There are atleast 5 or 6 guys around lafayette that have tunes from him...

Last edited:

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I would go to Mike for either but Mike is known for his pushrod 5.0's and thats where he shines. I did see him tune some bad turbo mod motors though and knows his **** there to. James is also good from what I hear but I've never dealt w/ him and hes only about 3 hours away verses 10 w/ Murillo. I've never heard anything bad about James so I go that route since hes only 3 hours or so.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick can send you a tune for those injectors and when we come back down in the fall he will fine tune it on the dyno.. just a suggestion :)

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey 91lxcoupe,

I believe Herman is out of Florida. He is also a member on this site (hbbyhermann). I have heard alot of good things about him, but everyone is still talking about RWTD. The only good thing about RWTD is I can actually drive there and get my car tune. I live about three hours or so from RWTD. So, I really don't know what to do. I just want a safe but good tune for my car.

Users who are viewing this thread