Dyno results with bolt-ons!!!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
still want to hear what that beast sounds like with exhast

here's a vid on the dyno, kinda hard to separate the dyno sound from the car but it's something to listen too:beer:

Headers + catback sound incredible on these cars!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyO7E8tGIy0&list=UUmp2d7-h6TeM9FHzv5Mnfgg&feature=plcp"]2012 Boss 302 Dyno pull - YouTube[/nomedia]

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I flashed in a tune from JMS, haven't been back to the dyno. The car completely annihilates the stock tires 1-3 gear. I have a set of 15x10 RTS Welds + 275/60-15 MT ET's, headed back to the strip as soon as they open back up for the new season. I might put it back on the dyno to check the results and get some data logs, I'll post up the results if I do that.

Any new numbers with that dyno tune?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
i have a new tune from JMS based off of the data logs from my dyno pulls, but dont have any new dyno numbers. I might make a few pulls in the next week or 2. The car is nasty, and will demolish the tires in 1-3rd gear, oem wheels/tires are worthless. My Boss is easily faster then both of my C6Z's when they was stock up to 100mph, and I'm guessing I'll come close to my stock C6Z #'s at the strip, mid 11's, low 120's. Hoping to find out next Saturday if the strip is open.

I'll post up the results as well as vids, just got a new GoPro :banana:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
stock it runs a little slower et....but traps right in line with what my factory stock 02 c5z ran. Damn good considering the extra weight.

:beer:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
:??:

I don't quite see that happening after only adding 40hp, but go get some results! I know my showroom stock '06 car ran 7.37 at 99.1 in the 1/8

I probably gained another 10-15hp after my tune, my initial 37hp/40tq gain was from parts alone. I've had 2 C6Z's, and this Boss is easily as fast as a stock C6Z up to 100mph. The 3.73 gearing makes it a nasty ride down low, but a C6Z will pull away at higher speeds. I dont think I will beat your 7.37, but then again that's the single fastest pass in the country outside of the top 4 from MIR/ATCO. Most C6Z's are not running anywhere close to that et. I will however beat your 122mph trap speed in the qtr. I trapped 120 with parts only, no tune, and I was all over the strip feathering it in 1st and 2nd gear.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

You can beat that 1/8th...
My GT has 40HP over stock, 200lbs removed and I ran 7.1 @100.1mph last time at the track.

I'm very much looking forward to your track times!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
How much weight did you save with the aluminum drive shaft? Which aluminum driveshaft do you have and do you have any vibrations?

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I probably gained another 10-15hp after my tune, my initial 37hp/40tq gain was from parts alone. I've had 2 C6Z's, and this Boss is easily as fast as a stock C6Z up to 100mph. The 3.73 gearing makes it a nasty ride down low, but a C6Z will pull away at higher speeds. I dont think I will beat your 7.37, but then again that's the single fastest pass in the country outside of the top 4 from MIR/ATCO. Most C6Z's are not running anywhere close to that et. I will however beat your 122mph trap speed in the qtr. I trapped 120 with parts only, no tune, and I was all over the strip feathering it in 1st and 2nd gear.

Excess tire spin when produce 1-3 extra mph.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^true, not not when you are feathering 1st and 2nd gear. I was letting off the throttle to regain traction. I will definitely trap low 120's on my next trip to the strip (as soon as the Rock or Darlington reopens).

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
go get 'em, burnin, i want to see some results. I only made 4 total passes in that c6z, 2 on each trip (oct 06 and mar 07), kept getting the boot for no cage and never saw true mineshaft air. My best trap was 124 on a worse et run and that 11.31 run (7.37 1/8) I screwed up the last shift. And as you know, those runflats are terrible. I looked at your 11.50 pass in your c6z and it just looked like you came out on idle, cutting i believe 1.91 60ft. All my 60fts on the 4 passes i made were 1.84 or less. I think you weren't anywhere near maximizing your c6z launch....I was feathering out around 3200 and had very good results.

but i agree about those boys up at atco, cecil, mir.....always getting rentals and massive mineshaft air and never worrying about a cage rule. I wish i could have got more than 2 runs in a trip like ranger, dr ron, jamie furman......these c6z's have too much damn tq management and it takes finesse to learn the way to shift around it. Ranger has like 300 passes I only had 4! :lol: :beer:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
go get 'em, burnin, i want to see some results. I only made 4 total passes in that c6z, 2 on each trip (oct 06 and mar 07), kept getting the boot for no cage and never saw true mineshaft air. My best trap was 124 on a worse et run and that 11.31 run (7.37 1/8) I screwed up the last shift. And as you know, those runflats are terrible. I looked at your 11.50 pass in your c6z and it just looked like you came out on idle, cutting i believe 1.91 60ft. All my 60fts on the 4 passes i made were 1.84 or less. I think you weren't anywhere near maximizing your c6z launch....I was feathering out around 3200 and had very good results.

but i agree about those boys up at atco, cecil, mir.....always getting rentals and massive mineshaft air and never worrying about a cage rule. I wish i could have got more than 2 runs in a trip like ranger, dr ron, jamie furman......these c6z's have too much damn tq management and it takes finesse to learn the way to shift around it. Ranger has like 300 passes I only had 4! :lol: :beer:

I had an 08Z first, bought it new. I immediately took it to the dragstrip (first experience with rwd/dragstrip), mid June in south Alabama :dw:. I ran 4 consecutive 12.0's at 121mph with 2.0/2.1 60's. After some mods and a lot more practice I worked my way down into the mid 10's, and highest trap speed was 136mph. I sold that Z, regretted it, then bought another one, an 06 Z with 9k/miles. I only made one trip to the strip with my 06Z, made 4 pass's, and my best was an 11.50 at 123.95, 1.91 60ft bone stock/stock tires. I know I could have ran lower et's but I ended up selling that Z, wish I would have gone back one more time.

I'd like to be able to equal my C6Z et's/mph with my Boss + bolt-ons/tires. I'm shooting for mid 11's in the low 120's.

Users who are viewing this thread