Dyno Results - TVS with GT500 tb

Woody6799

Established Member
So I finally got my car tuned after my TVS swap. It's been a long road but I am glad its done.

The Setup:
- TVS with a 3" pulley
- GT500 TB
- Stock Lower
- JLT High Boost
- Pro M Racing 2600 MAF
- 60# injectors (93 octane)
- KB Bap on what may be stock pumps
- Kooks 1 5/8 Long Tubes to 2.5" exhaust
- Pypes catless H
- Mac Flow path mufflers

[video=youtube;Q6c9nqdC8PY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6c9nqdC8PY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is one of the set up runs. The high pitch squealing you hear are my rear tires spinning, followed by Jerry saying, "you gotta sit in the trunk."

[video=youtube;OAEwjhqWYxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAEwjhqWYxE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

20160112_114416.jpg

She made 660 HP and 585 TQ on 17.5* timing with a 17lbs of boost. Overall, I am thrilled with the numbers. There are a few little things I need to address but I can't wait to get this car on the road this spring. Should be a blast.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
660 on 93 octane. What kind of dyno is this? I doubt I'm making that on 19psi and e85 lol.

Blueline

Established Member
Nice Job Sean!

Frank at PSI uses a Mustang Dyno Brady, his dyno is actually named the "heart breaker." My car on his dyno in the 90* weather and 90% humidity after several pulls, made 578rwhp w/ a 3.0 upper and stock lower.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Those are some stout numbers!! How is the drive ability after the tune? Your car seems to rev through the power band awfully fast on that dyno. I would think on a Mustang Dyno that it would load the car more. Why is the dyno print out showing 20.1 psi max?

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Awesome numbers, with how high the hp is I'm surprised the torque isn't a little higher but I wouldn't complain about those numbers. With iat's in the 30's I'd be curious to see what it made on a normal summer 70* day.

Nice Job Sean!

Frank at PSI uses a Mustang Dyno Brady, his dyno is actually named the "heart breaker." My car on his dyno in the 90* weather and 90% humidity after several pulls, made 578rwhp w/ a 3.0 upper and stock lower.

lol, just about every tuner in the country will call their dyno the "heard breaker". with the op's car making that power on 93 it cant be too far off.

Those are some stout numbers!! How is the drive ability after the tune? Your car seems to rev through the power band awfully fast on that dyno. I would think on a Mustang Dyno that it would load the car more. Why is the dyno print out showing 20.1 psi max?

the 20.1 was probably a spike somewhere.

Blueline

Established Member
lol, just about every tuner in the country will call their dyno the "heard breaker". with the op's car making that power on 93 it cant be too far off.

Lol Frank may have just said that to me that day to try and talk me off the ledge, I was not happy I didnt crack the 600 mark. But he did say if I came back in the fall I would crack the 600 mark. Maybe he just told me that to make me feel better :bored:

Woody6799

Established Member

Driveabilitywas actually very timid on the way home. It was about 34* here today so traction was basically impossible. I got on it a few times and it pulled, but it was so timid I actually called my tuner and asked about the lack of power. He told me to spin it over 4k and or would come alive... that wasn't happening today tho. As far as the boost he said it was a spike as well. If you look at the chart it goes up at the end so I'm assuming somewhere in there it peaked.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What's your elevation?

Sea level. On 92 octane with a 3" upper I was making 18 psi. I think outside temps were nearly 80 degrees. Made 578/528. I told the tuner I'd like to hit around 600 and they said "unlikely". But those numbers were also with a little belt slip around 6200 rpms. I just think the dyno I go to reads lower than others.

Congrats though!

TRBO VNM

That is a mustang dyno

That thing is a BEAST! I hope I have similar results Friday!

Doubt it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread