Dyno results....Columbus Dyno Day...

99yellowGT

Established Member
I guess so:rockon: I was hoping to get an open road so i could race Countysoldier but he turned off the big chicken:beer:

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Originally posted by 99yellowGT
I guess so:rockon: I was hoping to get an open road so i could race Countysoldier but he turned off the big chicken:beer:
Hey now "GT"....so you think you are up to runnin' with the big dogs huh?
Your SOHC puts out some nice #'s but.......I would hate to have to put a spankin' on those 409 horses!!
:burn:
Im kiddin' your ride has got balls, I was stopping at the Roosters car show!! Maybe next time!!!

Last edited:

JNY XXX

Hey guys, what up.

Sorry, I didn't know this thread was started or I would have posted a lot sooner. Then, when I found out about it (via Shawn -LCCobra), the site was down and I couldn't get to the thread.

So, yeah, I had a great time on Saturday. Also, I don't mind if pictures are posted of me or the car or whatever.

Yeah, we had some good runs. Before the dyno, me and Jon (aka Grey03) had a run. After the dyno (and after Rooster's), me and Shawn and Matt (aka Eatonup) went at it. The runs with Matt were the best, for sure. On the first run, we went from second gear. All the way through sixth, I had only put a car on him - that's it. The second run, we went from third gear, and he actually put half a car on me until we let out because of traffic, which was around the top of fourth or maybe fifth gear. The runs with Shawn were limited because of traffic. As for Jon, well, I pulled a little bit on him, but I owed him for walking me a while back before I had my mods. :beer:

So, my computer has been having problems with a graphics driver of some sort - which translates into having problems with my computer freezing when posts get too long. So, I'll make this post in two parts.

JNY XXX

So, I didn't dyno on Saturday because I hadn't got back my custom tune from Diablosports. Got it back this week, and I dynoed on Wednesday. Results were 430rwhp and 437rwtq and a best of 13.4 of boost. A/F still running a bit rich, around 11 to 1, but that's good, because it's safer. My mods are Flomaster mufflers, a Steeda intake, a 2.93 pulley, and a Predator tune (plus the custom tune from Diablosports). Also, as an FYI - when I was racing you guys on Saturday, I was putting down only about 408rwhp . [EDIT: Previous sentence highlighted for Vinyl Civic Guy.] At that time, I had only the "stock" Predator program dialed in - the previous best that I had of 420rwhp was nullified after we returned the Predator to it's "stock" form and sent it back to Diablosports for the custom tune. So, with me putting down in the area of 408rwhp, that would explain why my runs with Matt (who put down 401rwhp or in that area) were so good. Anyway, I guess more field testing is in order - that means I'll need all of you to report to Testing Track 270 as soon as possible. :-D

Brian and Howard really liked us and they want us to come back out. They said we could barbecue and make another event out of it. They even mentioned something about sponsoring some fun contests - like giving away some dyno time for whoever guesses closest to their dyno numbers.

Oh, and yeah, I'm moving to Polaris soon, and I want to have a cookout. How does the weekend after Memorial Day (like Saturday, June 5th) sound to you guys? It doesn't really matter to me - I just though the sooner the better. We could hang at my place, alternate between there and QS&L, drink (responsibly), race, etc., etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

JNY XXX

Oh, also, I have my dyno sheets, but I didn't have time to fight with the technology. In any event, I've got them, and I'll post them when (a) I have a little more time and (b) someone hosts them for me, if need be.

Also, I think I'll be out and about tonight - anyone up for getting together, maybe cruising into Jegs or something around 10:30 tonight? If so, give me a call: 325-5970.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eatonup

Established Member
Venomss, it all makes sense now. I knew our cars seemed too evenly matched. :( It looks like your making great power now. We'll retest in a couple weeks when I get my 2.76 and predator tune. :) The BBQ idea sounds great! Just let me know when and what to bring. :beer:

JNY XXX

Originally posted by Eatonup
Venomss, it all makes sense now. I knew our cars seemed too evenly matched. :( It looks like your making great power now. We'll retest in a couple weeks when I get my 2.76 and predator tune. :) The BBQ idea sounds great! Just let me know when and what to bring. :beer:

Yeah, I'm satisfied with the results, considering what I've had done thus far.

Definitely up for a "retest," though I'm thinking that with what you have now, plus a pulley, a Predator and a tune, I'll probably be getting acquainted with your tails. :p

Also, guys, an update: Al got his car fixed and is now up and running. If you didn't know, Al has an 04 black Cobra that was out of commission for a while. Well, it's fixed - I met up with him last night, and his car looks great. (Black is, of course, the greatest of all colors, and the most aerodynamic. :-D) We were planning to cruise to Westerville, but the rain owned us. ****ing rain. :mj:

Don't know if I had mentioned this, but it was great meeting all of you guys. Very cool stuff. :coolman:

bishfd85

Established Member
hey john aka Venomss. i saw you on the highway that day. you have the black 03 cobra and you were racing a blue 03 cobra on 270 right? and they were like 4 car lenghts ahead of you as i passed you both. i don't believe that you have 437 rwhp. we'll have to meet up some time. my v-tec civic will smoke you. vinyl adds hp.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by bishfd85
hey john aka Venomss. i saw you on the highway that day. you have the black 03 cobra and you were racing a blue 03 cobra on 270 right? and they were like 4 car lenghts ahead of you as i passed you both. i don't believe that you have 437 rwhp. we'll have to meet up some time. my v-tec civic will smoke you. vinyl adds hp.

:nono: Dude what are you talking about. i was rolling behind him when he was racing the sonic blue cobra. there was no way a civic would even be able to keep up with an 03 or any v8. i don't know what mustangs you were racing against but it wasn't john. well see what johns got to say about this.

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Ok who let the little kids play on the computer?
Ignore the FOOL!!

gatzer

Established Member

Hey Vinly Boy, return to Oz at once and ask the Scarecrow if you can borrow his brain.

P.S. remember click your slippers together 3 times.:bash: :bash: :bash:

JNY XXX

hey john aka Venomss. i saw you on the highway that day. you have the black 03 cobra and you were racing a blue 03 cobra on 270 right?

I raced several 03 Cobras of several different colors, including blue, on that Saturday. This really doesn't narrow things down.

and they were like 4 car lenghts ahead of you as i passed you both.

I'm confused - you keep switching between singular (i.e., "...you were racing A blue 03 Cobra...") and plural (i.e., "...and THEY were like..."). Was it just one or were there two or more?

In any event, if they were four carlengths ahead of me, then you can assume we weren't racing at the time. Thus, you then safely assume that since you passed us, then we weren't racing you either. Congratulations though on passing several 03 Cobras that weren't racing you - the Honda boards will be thrilled to hear about it. :rollseyes:

i don't believe that you have 437 rwhp. we'll have to meet up some time. my v-tec civic will smoke you. vinyl adds hp.

Scroll up and re-read, then recall that I posted that (a) the 437 figure refers to torque, not horsepower; (b) that night, I wasn't putting down either figure; and (c) instead, that night I was racing with around 408rwhp. :nono:

Also, as for us meeting up, I think you're full of shit. If you really wanted to run me, you could have that night - all you had to do was thrown me a rev or lined up for three honks. That aside, and if this isn't a joke (which I am beginning to wonder that it is), then we can run anytime. Be sure to bring all the vinyl you got.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Venomss
That aside, and if this isn't a joke (which I am beginning to wonder that it is), then we can run anytime. Be sure to bring all the vinyl you got.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shrug: :D John you have a pm.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Hey guys I finally got my car running with hopefully a good tune. Been running it hard today and absolutely no detonation. I am going to call Dyno Tune Motorsports tomorrow and try to get a session set up for this Thursday. I will post the results when I get back!!

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
Hey guys I finally got my car running with hopefully a good tune. Been running it hard today and absolutely no detonation. I am going to call Dyno Tune Motorsports tomorrow and try to get a session set up for this Thursday. I will post the results when I get back!!
GOOD LUCK

bishfd85

Established Member
just to clarify something. i do not have a civic and i am friends with john. thanks LCcobra for helping me out. damn john you went all the way to Gramar to shut me up. tonight was fun for the very short time i was with you guys but i appreciate you looking into that cobra. good joke but i know you'll get me back.

Users who are viewing this thread